Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3F07D3FE-7131-4769-98FB-85517701B18F.jpeg
this is showing in our order page

Reactions: MrBadger
I just noticed that my car spec on our account doesn't list the tow hitch. Anyone else with tow got it listed on their account? This is an early 2019 order.

I'm curious to double check it in the car now - obviously we do have it fitted and listed on the invoice, although only tested it the once. Not an issue, but if we ever needed to officially prove tow hitch say to a potential purchaser, its not listed with the car.

View attachment 664862
If you can view the html on that page and do a search, TW00 is no tow hook, and TW01 is tow hook. It could be there just not displayed if they do something daft like only list up to 8 items in the spec (its at the end of the list on mine)

Reactions: MarleyBob
If you can view the html on that page and do a search, TW00 is no tow hook, and TW01 is tow hook. It could be there just not displayed if they do something daft like only list up to 8 items in the spec (its at the end of the list on mine)

Didn't find anything obvious - no codes although found the dialogue that contained only what was on screen.

Last edited:
I just noticed that my car spec on our account doesn't list the tow hitch. Anyone else with tow got it listed on their account? This is an early 2019 order.

I'm curious to double check it in the car now* - obviously we do have it fitted and listed on the invoice, although only tested it the once. Not an issue, but if we ever needed to officially prove tow hitch say to a potential purchaser, its not listed with the car.

View attachment 664862

* just checked and tow package is listed under 'additional vehicle information'

We are the same as you. Car delivered September 2019 and tow hitch not under vehicle details but shown on the order and the final invoice. But we use ours for towing a folding camper.

• Informative
Strange. Under ‘manage’ your cars I can even just copy the image url and I can see the codes in that.
Found it. I was one level too far down. It was in the top teslaaccount page with the manage option, not the manage page itself that the 'car details' dialogue is on.

TW01 present.

options=APF2,APBS,DV4W,IN3PB,PPSB,PRM31,SC04,TW01,MDL3,W38B,MT303,CPF1,DRRH,RSF1

1621762830458.png

Last edited:
Does anyone keep their tow hit on for extended periods of time? Are there any issues, specifically with muck getting kicked up in that area and exposed electrics / tow hitch mount?

Its been a long time since I've looked in that area and cannot remember how exposed the electrics are - on a previous setup, the electrics use to have a sprung flap to protect them. I've never had a removerable hitch before. Tesla talk about a dust cover, but I can only picture the big access hole below the bumper (that looks like everything will accumulate up there when not in place) but nothing specifically to cover the electrics and tow hitch mount that will no doubt be greasy.

1622873759109.png

Does anyone keep their tow hit on for extended periods of time? Are there any issues, specifically with muck getting kicked up in that area and exposed electrics / tow hitch mount?

Its been a long time since I've looked in that area and cannot remember how exposed the electrics are - on a previous setup, the electrics use to have a sprung flap to protect them. I've never had a removerable hitch before. Tesla talk about a dust cover, but I can only picture the big access hole below the bumper (that looks like everything will accumulate up there when not in place) but nothing specifically to cover the electrics and tow hitch mount that will no doubt be greasy.

View attachment 669776
The socket has a springloaded cap to protect this. The tow hitch socket shouldn’t get too grubby, as the tow hitch itself will be inserted? Obviously, there’s nothing to stop that whole area from getting a layer of muck, without the large plastic cover being in place.

• Helpful
Anyone got a sniff of a car with tow hitch vin or delivery?

Tow hitch looks to be a bit of a blocker on delivery, even though when they were announced in early May that they were available immediately.

Whilst we are waiting, what are you planning on using your tow hitch for?

I purchased a Thule EasyFold bike rack to carry my e-bike - e-bikes are hefty things so regular racks don't have the weight capacity and lifting it on to the roof was a mare even before worrying about glass roof on a new car. Its not cheap, but there is plenty of price matching available plus Halfords give a further 10% off for AA members. I originally purchased the VeloCompact, but I didn't even have to take it out of the box to realise that it would probably be too large to fit in the Model 3 boot - needed the rear seat down to fit the box in a Passat estate. My only concern is how high the bike rack will be off the ground as my drive is on a slope so not convinced its going to clear when car is at an angle. I've yet to do the maths.

I know you can get adaptors for the electrics, but does anyone know how many pins the Model 3 tow hitch has? In the manual, it says 7 pin, but image and pin descriptions looks like 13 pin with 8 pins used. 13 pin would be good for me, no adaptor needed.
Hi. - UK based - I have the same bike rack for the saem reason - ebike - currently on my volvo xc 90. thinking of buying a M3 or Y with tow hitch - any problems with the easyfold clearance or weight or any other thoughts? TIA