Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Recommendation - Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys

I'm looking ahead into the winter with getting a winter set and see if any one has any recommendations for TPMS in Canada (Vancouver) or online

Looked at some threads but seems most of it is for USA

Thanks!

The PMC Tire sensors do work fine. My winters came with them last year and they started reporting about 1 km after driving with them on (the car needs to read the new sensor IDs for each tire when in motion then it can start reporting).

The TPMS hasn't changed on Model 3 yet so anything that notes it works on a prior Model 3 will work on all years of Model 3. Just specify what car it will be for and they will be programmed with the right frequency.

For anyone living near Guelph Ontario, there is a parts store (Guelph Auto Parts) that sells these sensors for $30 each and they will program them for you. Cheapest I have come across and so far have bought two sets without any issue.

Nice. What brand do they sell?

Also anyone try the cheaper (non-ITM) ones from ebay? They are $80 or less

For anyone living near Guelph Ontario, there is a parts store (Guelph Auto Parts) that sells these sensors for $30 each and they will program them for you. Cheapest I have come across and so far have bought two sets without any issue.

Amazing, I wonder if there is anyway to get these in GTA without making the trip. Wish I read this before putting the winter tires on with the sensors I used (which don’t seem to work).

I drive to guelph once a week or so and live in GTA. (Brampton). Let me know if anyone wants me to pick up the sensors.

Also, what brand are they?

I drive to guelph once a week or so and live in GTA. (Brampton). Let me know if anyone wants me to pick up the sensors.

Also, what brand are they?
upload_2019-11-13_12-53-44.png

This is the brand, they come with a metal stem or rubber stem, both are the same price.

Kal Tire carries something that works, not sure what the cost is. I brought them a tire on rim to do a proper flat repair, I had done a plug as a repair while out on the road. They managed to break off my sensor, replaced free of charge (charged me for the flat repair!). They paired it, however, when I was in Tesla for a 12v battery replacement, Tesla said the sensor was not working(aka not detected remotely). I told them the car detects, no issue.

Just ordered 4 sensors from Amazon.COM

$99 USD (plus ~$11 tax + ~$8 shipping)

All-in will be a little over $150 CAD.

ITM brand, pre-programmed for Tesla Model 3.
Reviews looked promising.

Same set at Amazon.CA was over $200 CAD and same delivery window. :mad:

https://www.amazon.com/ITM-Pressure...+All+Models+Replacement&qid=1573706424&sr=8-1
I ordered the exact same set but it wasn't much less after shipping to Canada, so I had them shipped to the UPS store in Buffalo and picked them up there as I had to go there anyway to pick up a set of rims I had bought around the same time.