Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Package Compatibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rim should fit but we don’t know the load rating of the rims or if the backspacing is right. The tires that come with them are too small. The rims are too narrow for an ideal performance setup on the Y. Don’t know if the pads fit. The TPMS sensors won’t work.

Last edited:
The wheels will fit, tires are the wrong size and Y TPMS are Bluetooth unlike the M3 sensors.

They will be closer to the hub by a few MM. I run 20x9 ET 25 wheels on my performance Y and they are more than ideal for the performance setup.

I believe the M3 performance track package wheels are 20x9 ET 40 so they will be 15mm closer to the hub than what you see here on my setup.

look closely at the forum there are few people running M3 wheels even in 19s.

47448190-FCD6-4C9C-8CA1-2DEFB58562A3.jpeg
CB4B2D4F-A2E5-446E-A8D4-760583B508F3.jpeg
84CF6A60-6499-41BB-B496-D6DBA585302C.jpeg

Last edited:
The rim should fit but we don’t know the load rating of the rims or if the backspacing is right. The tires that come with them are too small. The rims are too narrow for an ideal performance setup on the Y. Don’t know if the pads fit. The TPMS sensors won’t work.
Brake pads are the same between the Y Performance and 3 Performance.
Why wouldn't the TPMS sensors work?

The wheels will fit, tires are the wrong size and Y TPMS are Bluetooth unlike the M3 sensors.

They will be closer to the hub by a few MM. I run 20x9 ET 25 wheels on my performance Y and they are more than ideal for the performance setup.

I believe the M3 performance track package wheels are 20x9 ET 40 so they will be 15mm closer to the hub than what you see here on my setup.

look closely at the forum there are few people running M3 wheels even in 19s.

View attachment 572752View attachment 572751 View attachment 572753

Awesome looking wheels. To clarify I meant 9 wide for a track setup. Just curious why you think 9 is better than a wider wheel on the track and maybe we were talking about different things. Weight being the same I thought wider the better for handling.

The track pack for the Model 3 Performance is supplied with ET34 20x9 rims. They do have the same style in ET40 which I think were referral rims and designed to go on the non-P Model 3s.

The track pack for the Model 3 Performance is supplied with ET34 20x9 rims. They do have the same style in ET40 which I think were referral rims and designed to go on the non-P Model 3s.
I believe you are correct.

Awesome looking wheels. To clarify I meant 9 wide for a track setup. Just curious why you think 9 is better than a wider wheel on the track and maybe we were talking about different things. Weight being the same I thought wider the better for handling.
thanks.

sorry, we were talking about different things. I agree with you regarding the track.

Reactions: Lozzy