Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track your Tesla while it's on the boat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is supposed to be on the Maersk Missouri which also just made an appearance off the coast.
Justah, it would be interesting to see what our source thinks is happening for a car you think went from New York, if you go over to https://speakev.com/forums/tesla-model-s/ and look at the UK Model S Build and delivery dates topic you will see the suggestion of passing a VIN number to a member there to see what he thinks.
stan70, it would be great if you did the same thing and perhaps add your info to the tracking spreadsheet referred to in that topic as well. Do you have an estimated delivery date yet?

Mine is supposed to be on the Maersk Missouri which also just made an appearance off the coast.
Justah, it would be interesting to see what our source thinks is happening for a car you think went from New York, if you go over to https://speakev.com/forums/tesla-model-s/ and look at the UK Model S Build and delivery dates topic you will see the suggestion of passing a VIN number to a member there to see what he thinks.
stan70, it would be great if you did the same thing and perhaps add your info to the tracking spreadsheet referred to in that topic as well. Do you have an estimated delivery date yet?

Thanks Mick (?) - looks like a short walk down to the Tesla store for you from Stockley Park from what I can collate from your userID in a google search... These GxP IT guys get everywhere... ;-).

Seems like the Maersk Missouri has landed in Antwerp, so I would guess Monday in Antwerp on Tuesday and hopefully a car again by end of the week West Drayton by end of the month and we get the car a few days early (as my Birthday's the 9th). I'll just be watching the portal for in "production" ... then "out for final delivery" - ships were more of a distraction to keep me from thinking about the waiting... I see you've got 14th Mar for delivery available of your P90DL in the spreadsheet - is that estimate or confirmed? I've had "looking good for mid Feb", so hopefully similar date as you, unless they continue to prioritise the P90s over the 85Ds... you seemed to catch up a few days on me during production ;-)

Can't wait to get my hands on it - have only test drive RWD Teslas (P85+ and standard 85)

ajs98405... ermm stan70

Yes, Mick is right. Pretty good detective work :eek:. Although work mostly at home in Hertfordshire and go into HQ once a week, so no walking unfortunately.
I'm pretty sure we have to wait until it gets to Rotterdam tomorrow then it gets loaded onto a smaller ship to go down to Tilburg.
The 15th of March was a 'tentative date of arrival to be confirmed in a couple of weeks' which is the end of this week and gives it time to actually get to Tilburg, get put back together and tested. At that point I suppose it is finally under their control. I was told this when I was told that the ship had left the US, did you not get a date? What gives me hope (and perhaps you) is that another person with his car on the ship but with a Manchester pick up has a provisional date of the 8th.
Mick

Yes, Mick is right. Pretty good detective work :eek:. Although work mostly at home in Hertfordshire and go into HQ once a week, so no walking unfortunately.
I'm pretty sure we have to wait until it gets to Rotterdam tomorrow then it gets loaded onto a smaller ship to go down to Tilburg.
The 15th of March was a 'tentative date of arrival to be confirmed in a couple of weeks' which is the end of this week and gives it time to actually get to Tilburg, get put back together and tested. At that point I suppose it is finally under their control. I was told this when I was told that the ship had left the US, did you not get a date? What gives me hope (and perhaps you) is that another person with his car on the ship but with a Manchester pick up has a provisional date of the 8th.
Mick

I suspect it is on the Deo Favente looking at tracking for Maersk, which left about an hour ago bound for Rotterdam (Roy suggested arriving in Tilburg on 18th, which aligns with the Maersk roster for sailings below)

Maersk Line shipping containers worldwide (fussy about adding ",BE" and ",zh,nl" to ports

Ships.jpg

Last edited:
Dies Hopper Inland Freighter delivering your Tesla...

I was just searching nearby waterways for where the Teslas got offloaded for factory... noticed a waterway right around the back and street view shows a load of Maersk containers in it. Also, saw this ship from Rotterdam delivering some cargo..
Tesla boat....jpg

Street view from the roadside of this location: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6...m2ZWl1MUf78w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Ship like Goede Hoop from Antwerp to MAASVLAKTE(Lef 12:54 on 15th Feb arrived 03:54 on 16th Feb)... then Dieze Hopper to Tesla factory (left 07:23 16Feb and just arrived).
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...236199/imo:0/mmsi:244650790/vessel:GOEDE HOOP
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:237656/mmsi:244660394/vessel:DIEZE HOPPER

I promised myself I wouldn't do this ship tracking stuff ;-)

Last edited:
Oh this brings back memories of tracking my girl (Ford Energi) once I got the train's car number to track. Watched her go from factory to San Antonio and knew before the dealership that she was 'in town'. I was lucky enough to have an acquaintance at Ford who could feed me the data the dealership would not.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could get the train car number so as to track your car getting to the ship...

I suppose we can't be sure our containers are actually unloaded until the Missouri leaves. I also looked at the locations very close to where the Missouri moored and there were a couple of inland freighters very close that are labelled as going to Tilburg next. The Mer-Blue was one that sailed again this morning (but expected arrival date in Tilburg isn't looking great!) There was another even closer, almost next to the Missouri but that has also sailed before I got its name. Anyway, there seems to be many inland craft doing that route. Will they necessarily be in a Maersk container? According to the shipping information somebody on speakEV provided the importing is done by Marlog Car Handling and Maersk are only responsible for shipping to Rotterdam.

I actually realised that I have the container number for mine - APMU4542883 but my tracking attempts only show up on the Maersk site and show it being taken off ship in Rotterdam
http://my.maerskline.com/tracking/search?searchNumber=APMU4542883

I suppose there is no guarantee it is tracked any further as it depends on who does the next leg.

Hi pmt32577,

I know from my Tesla sales guy, that my new MS 85D will be on the Maersk Montana. I also found out, that the ship will go from Houston to Rotterdam on 24.2.
But how did you find out the container number? This would be interesting for me also :)

I actually realised that I have the container number for mine - APMU4542883 but my tracking attempts only show up on the Maersk site and show it being taken off ship in Rotterdam
http://my.maerskline.com/tracking/search?searchNumber=APMU4542883

Hi ikemuc.

There is somebody on the speakev forums https://speakev.com/threads/uk-model-s-build-and-delivery-dates-was-how-many-uk-model-s.11364/ who seems to have a route somewhere to find this out, so if you go there and post you'll get invited to give your VIN. However, I must say that you probably know enough already. Knowing the container means you can track it on the rail system in the US but the most important part is the boat trip. Once it gets to Rotterdam it seems to disappear off any public tracking anyway.

It seems like Tesla in Germany are more open. In the UK we don't get told the boat, we just gets told it has left the US, and they categorically denied they go via Houston. This lack of reliable information has perhaps led us to try harder to look unofficially but you won't gain much.