Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking real world range and battery health

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the best way to track my real-world range over time, and the overall health of my battery? I never charge to 100% or discharge to 0%, so I don’t have any sense at all of what the actual range of my car is. I’d like to know what the real-world full range is now, while the car is new, and I’d like to track it over time.

Is there a good way to do this within the car? In the native app? With a 3rd party app that is, at most, a few bucks a month?

TeslaFi, Teslamate, stats, Tessie, or other similar programs will log datapoints everyday on how much energy you are using and how far you are driving. They give not only battery degradation reports but also log efficiency, charging habits, vampire drain, updates, a whole slew of data. If you like data, they are great. Just make sure the one you choose gives you the data you need.

Reactions: RichardTheKing
TeslaFi, Teslamate, stats, Tessie, or other similar programs will log datapoints everyday on how much energy you are using and how far you are driving. They give not only battery degradation reports but also log efficiency, charging habits, vampire drain, updates, a whole slew of data. If you like data, they are great. Just make sure the one you choose gives you the data you need.

But there is still a 3 to 4% energy lost between your home metre and the Tesla charge to add on. I am using teslafi for the kWh added to the battery (very accurate) but for the real world cost/kWh sent from home I am using my home smart meter. Most of the time the total lost between what has been added the the Tesla battery and what has been really sent is around 7.5% for me.

• Informative
Reactions: jmaddr
This is the graph from my spreadsheet per week.
1652600267570.png

Last edited: