Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking shipping dates is a waste of time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good point. I debated not posting, but decided to do so since this forum attracts so many potential owners.
Instead of learning about the car, which has a steep learning curve, they are inundated with hundreds of posts about delivery dates. People are posting about getting annoyed over a change of one or two weeks.
There are numerous threads with thousands of replies, and spreadsheets. Rather than having new visitors getting sucked into the vortex, adopting the “I check my account‘s delivery date every day” mindset, I’m appealing to newer forum members, trying to inform them of something that should be, but maybe isn’t, obvious...it’s a highly unreliable, inaccurate estimate.
I love forums and use them to learn about new products, so I visit regularly and sift through the threads.
I wonder how many important topics are missed as people fixate on why their delivery went from June 8 to June 15 then back to June 8.

I appreciate the challenge to my post as it forced me to provide the method to my madness (got lots of that!)
Thanks Haroldo, I (for one) really agree and appreciate your thread.

Reactions: haroldo
Full disclosure, I did not pay Scott for his comment, and only agreed to swap my car’s delivery date (May 25-26) for his delivery date (late November-mid December) because I preferred the color he picked. 😇😜
LOL
Not true. He DID pay me. And my delivery is actually in early November (not late November, like every one else). I know, because the Tesla site says so.

A watched pot never boils

Got my purchase confirmation this morning, 5 weeks after my April 22 order date.
I occasionally checked the system which showed 7-10 weeks, as well as delivery dates going out to late June.

Be patient, folks

Maybe Elon Musk, a notorious prankster and major troll, set up an algorithm to add an extra day of wait time every time buyers clicks to check their delivery date? (kidding, but that'd be pretty funny if they did)

Agree that the timeline keeps changing. At one point it just kept me fixed 15 days out and as expected delivery and would keep bumping out to maintain the same 15 day window. It was so annoying plus the website load time is poor. But my biggest annoyance has been Tesla sales advisors- so e of the rudest folks I spoke to and possessing no knowledge of the process. Whenever I called they would give unsatisfactory answers as if they don’t care and worst one time just hung up on me. I had same experience test driving so thst part concerns me how it will be like dealing with Tesla staff in future.
My order date was April end, kept pushing dates out to no date to done say back and suddenly yesterday option showed up to accept no radar in the car and I am picking up my car today!! 😊