TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tracks around Chicago

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Gjacobs, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Gjacobs

Gjacobs Member

My friend in Chicago would like to take her Tesla out on a track. Are there any near Chicago she could drive on?

2. Fezzik

Fezzik P67429

3. TomServo

TomServo Member

#3 TomServo, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    I would also suggest Road America in Elkart Lake Wi. 4.2 miles, 14 turns of pure automotive heaven. Also has the longest "straight" in NA.
    scan0001.jpg
    I got my stock Z06 up to 155 going into turn one. Last time I was there was for a 2 day HSDE hosted by the Mid-West F-Body Associtation (MFBA). Cost me $365 and you get 8 seven lap sessions.

On Sat ran 31 laps and burned over 3/4 of a tank of gas. My trip computer indicated 9 MPG.
    RoadAmerica10003.jpg
    Not sure sure where you would charge on site though. Have been there several times and love running that track especially in the fall.

Have fun and keep the shiny side up. Oh a helmet is needed.

4. Fezzik

Fezzik P67429

I was reluctant to put Road America because of the distance. But I feel its the best track of the ones I even listed. You could charge soon in Sheboygan, WI which is directly east of Road America.