Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction control with new tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like you did it right. There was no msg at my car, it just kicked in with regen. ( Very different to drive the car without regen ).
However you should not have TC coming on with the winter tires at these conditions...
So should I have waited until regen kicked back in? The screen said to coast for 10 seconds. I waited about 20 and nothing was happening so I think I hit a button. Their instructions could be a lot better.

Seems like you did it right. There was no msg at my car, it just kicked in with regen. ( Very different to drive the car without regen ).
However you should not have TC coming on with the winter tires at these conditions...

Maybe the problem is me? I tend to smash down the pedal whenever I can. That gives the car 4-8 seconds of TC enabled.
I noticed the TC coming on when I go over potholes as well. With the Yokohama AD07 I never saw the TC engaged.

Still have a lot of TC going on when accelerating. I am not sure if I did the new tire calibration well.
It writes I should coast at 20-60 mph for 10 seconds.
Well nothing happens after 10 seconds if I do that. What exactly do you have to do? My car takes from 30-45 seconds to stop the coasting and reactivating Regen. It's almost impossible to find a straight road with no cars on it in my region.

I had the same problem this year when I put the winter tires on; I coasted from 100km/h to just barely moving (in a straight line) while trying to program new tires. The regen never came back on, there was no message, and the power remained reduced until I shut the car off. After shutting the car off all was normal again, but I don't know if it 'learned' the winter tires.

It worked perfectly according to the instructions last fall. I think something in the newer firmware may not properly handle learning new tires... I'll check the version I am on and post shortly.