Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade In 18 M3 for 22 MS? Battery differences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vinny860

MS LR Blk/Wht 19” | Ordered 6-29, RN1152
Jun 27, 2021
PA
Hi everyone,

First time posting, long timer lurker.
-
Very interested in upgrading to the new 22 MS LR from my 18 M3 LR. Key benefits that stand out to me so far: Cooling seats, more range, adaptive suspension, more cargo and dash cluster. Plus I'm fond of the Yoke steering wheel. Also, the fact that more government subsidies might be on the way is a major plus.

What I would like to know is what are the main battery differences between the two? Assuming we know this info as of yet....Will the new MS battery degrade less in the cold? Charge faster?

Any feedback is appreciated!

-Vince

A couple things to point out:

The MS should have active noise cancellation which is a big deal.

Your 18 M3 does not have the octovalve for heating in the winter, I assume but can’t guarantee the 22 MS will have some improved heating technology.

You mentioned the tax credit, but I’m not sure if the MS and MX will qualify if and when a new tax credit is voted on. I think one of the rumors was there would be a hard cap around $80k.
Good luck either way.

Hi everyone,

First time posting, long timer lurker.
-
Very interested in upgrading to the new 22 MS LR from my 18 M3 LR. Key benefits that stand out to me so far: Cooling seats, more range, adaptive suspension, more cargo and dash cluster. Plus I'm fond of the Yoke steering wheel. Also, the fact that more government subsidies might be on the way is a major plus.

What I would like to know is what are the main battery differences between the two? Assuming we know this info as of yet....Will the new MS battery degrade less in the cold? Charge faster?

Any feedback is appreciated!

-Vince
You reference your car as a 22 Model S. Would you mind posting the first part of the VIN? Many have questioned whether the new Model S vehicles will be 2022 model years and being able to see what specifically is in the 10th character of the VIN.

M = 2021
N = 2022

Curious minds would like to know. Thanks!

I appreciate the feedback.

Not too worried about the tax credit if it doesn't pass but would just be an added bonus. Also, I just put my deposit down yesterday so I do not have a VIN yet.

My build is Black/19s/White Interior/No FSD RN115227XXX Delivery Date: October

Last edited by a moderator: