Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in offer conveniently expiring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have heard Tesla gives you great value if you trade in another Tesla but if you're trading in a gasoline vehicle they lowball you as they simply send it to auction. If you are trading in a normal gasoline car it would be better to sell it privately, or call a normal car dealer. Tesla wanted to give me 7600 for my car. I got another quote from Mercedes for 9400. Guess who will be getting my car haha.

30 days to me is a vehicle that is 1/12th model year older, as it is to all. Id expect my trucks value to drop roughly 1% of MSRP per month with average use, so for 30 miles maybe say 0.66% MSRP in a month.

I do agree their trade in is below all others, but I am more annoyed that i cannot pull equity out of my trade, entire vehicle value must go to purchases value

"Tesla usually gives less for the trade than some other dealers because they are not interested in the slightest in the car, in most cases. Unless its a tesla, its going straight to auction (and even then, they still send many teslas to auction)."

I don't know about that. Maybe not the car, but the profit they will make from the resale I'm sure they are interested in, they aren't running a charity.

Last edited:
"Tesla usually gives less for the trade than some other dealers because they are not interested in the slightest in the car, in most cases. Unless its a tesla, its going straight to auction (and even then, they still send many teslas to auction)."

I don't know about that. Maybe not the car, but the profit they will make from the resale I'm sure they are interested in, they aren't running a charity.

You'd think if you just bought a 50k-70k car off them they'd be okay to break even on a trade in. But nope they want another 2-3k from that as well haha.

Last year, I traded in my model 3 for a model y in early March. Then Covid happened, factory shut down, too till June to accept delivery.

They never modified the trade in price and it was about 10k over carmax.

Got Lucky I guess. Was your trade in a Tesla or different brand?
Did you have to accept the trade in offer every 30 days (expires every 30 days)? *** Also trading in a Model 3
Asking this because i just got my first 30 day cycle of the Final offer and it is the same value as before with updated mileage when i checked the source code.