Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trade in value at Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a trade in with Tesla at the moment although it's £2k less than what we buy any car have quoted. I've got mine up for sale privately and if that fails will end up selling with we buy any car. Only reason I've still got my trade in with Tesla is in case something goes horribly wrong and I can fall back on it.

Out of curiosity, I've never sold to We buy any Car, would be interested in peoples experience?
Sold my Insignia to put cash towards my Tesla.

Not best price but swiftly completed.

They look for every mark/scratch, wheel hubs clipped Kerbs etc and the deduct from their online price offer.

• Helpful
Reactions: Christiez
I had a winge at at sales person in Bluewarter over the trade in price I got from Tesla when I took my young boys to check out their new family car.
He said yeah they low ball, but you pay for the no hassle. If the car drives there, they'll take it.
WeBuyAnyCar where 1.5k more when we ordered the Model 3 but I re-valued our car last night with them and it's now under 1k better. By the time the unicorns ready to be picked up, the tesla quote maybe better...

I currently have BH PCP and trade in with Tesla. I'm strongly contemplating changing to Lease. Does anyone know if tesla will still take the trade in?
I'd ask Tesla this if they answered the phone or emails...

Out of curiosity, I've never sold to We buy any Car, would be interested in peoples experience?

We had a great experience with WBAC. The guy was very honest about the slightly ridiculous stone chips (there were two, which lost us about £1,000 total from the online price) and the 3 wheels which needed attention. It was very transparent and easy though, and they were honestly a pleasure to deal with. Our car was only a 66 plate and he said that the deductions for damage are much higher on a newer car - fair enough.

We had quotes from many different places, and even after the deductions WBAC were still the most we could get quickly. Of course we could have got more privately, but we had outstanding PCP which needed dealt with and we couldn’t be arsed with the hasstle.

One other thing to consider with the Tesla offers vs others is that they are 90 day offers. If you are close to taking delivery you can ask for a 30 day quote which will add a chunk back in (£2.5k in my case). For my car, on a 30 day quote, it was more than WBAC offered after their rubber glove inspection. Tesla basically said as long as it’s drivable with no major damage, the price was valid.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.