Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D3F26835-8DB1-46AB-972C-C91B28B2C042.jpeg

Be careful out there. I’m not expecting super great things for earnings soon either.

Did you guys know 8 weeks rule? This is the one I learned in 2013 (above mentioned FB episode) when I sold my $300 worth options for $3,000, and failed to keep them until they became $45,000

The 8 Week Hold Rule | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

It would appear TSLA qualifies for this rule now, like FB did in 2013. Just musings, not an advice. I will not leverage, but I will not be selling anything either...

View attachment 477087

We are now in week 8, I believe.

I’m still hanging on to TSLA. I think model 3 deliveries in China + Model Y ramp could make things interesting again.

My greatest fear right now is high cannibalization. I can’t fathom any predictions on what that will end up being though.

Oh, and lack of further FSD progress. I worry about that too.

We are now in week 8, I believe.
I still have MarketSmith , IBD product
With their chart recognition feature
It says 8 % from pivot still , so still forming side of base

from IBD perspective I don’t think this part of the test has been met

If your stock gains over 20% from the ideal buy point within 3 weeks of a proper breakout, hold it for at least 8 weeks. (The week of the breakout counts as Week No. 1.)

so , no proper breakout yet

I don't think Q4's financials and profits have the potential to be strong enough to move the SP to new highs on their own in Q1. I think they will be solid, but not record breaking. In my eyes it will also take hype around Giga 3 and Model Y, or evidence that MY will not just go into production, but reach volume of 1k/week or more far ahead of schedule.

Considering high premiums I decided not to buy any early 2020 options, but I did sell a May'20 $400 Put. Especially because if things don't go well, I should have enough money available by then to add at least another 100 shares.

I don't think Q4's financials and profits have the potential to be strong enough to move the SP to new highs on their own in Q1. I think they will be solid, but not record breaking. In my eyes it will also take hype around Giga 3 and Model Y, or evidence that MY will not just go into production, but reach volume of 1k/week or more far ahead of schedule.

Considering high premiums I decided not to buy any early 2020 options, but I did sell a May'20 $400 Put. Especially because if things don't go well, I should have enough money available by then to add at least another 100 shares.

I agree with you. I think we need to see positive forward looking statements to crack ATH in addition to solid Q4 financials.

Reactions: Dig deeper
I agree with you. I think we need to see positive forward looking statements to crack ATH in addition to solid Q4 financials.
I share your views.

That's why I have high expectations of Battery and power train investor day. If Tesla will explain their agressive plans for battery/cell production ramp, they will either spill the beans to explain how they will use said batteries (predictions regarding vehicle and Tesla Energy output) or the market will do the math. Either way, the news will be positive IMO.

why would sell so deep ITM put though?
why not sell ATM (350) or OTM (300-325)

just curious is all
thx

I even considered getting the $500 Strike Price actually, because I'm really just looking to buy another 100 shares at least between now and May, and I'd rather buy at current levels than at whatever price it's going to be when I have the money available.

• Informative
Reactions: Boomer19
@defc0n
what’s your expectation with work

it’s been a big pile of crap since ipo. street really punished it for the type of ipo it chose to do, apparently.

hopefully near the bottom of $20 again. And I still think they are the best “work chat” offering. Everyone I talk to in my line of work uses them.

And they just fell 5+% which is likely oversold short term at least.

Reactions: Boomer19