Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't like what I saw in the open for WORK so I broke even there. Bought TSLA again.

WORK. i bought some after ipo
my expectation was longer term

buy some, then average down if it went down, and be in it a year or however long it took to take hold on the market.

seems idiotic looking at it now.
but i guess if my plan was a year or so... it hasn’t been that long yet, so there’s still a chance of some turnaround.

i haven’t averaged down much yet, so i haven’t taken full adv of this 50% discount.

that’s why i asked your expectation...

WORK. i bought some after ipo
my expectation was longer term

buy some, then average down if it went down, and be in it a year or however long it took to take hold on the market.

seems idiotic looking at it now.
but i guess if my plan was a year or so... it hasn’t been that long yet, so there’s still a chance of some turnaround.

i haven’t averaged down much yet, so i haven’t taken full adv of this 50% discount.

that’s why i asked your expectation...

IPOs are crazy dangerous. I only play them be carefully and try to benefit on a quick spike if it’s becoming obvious there will be one for a few days.

With those tech IPOs with high valuations we often see the price crash right away. Just need to try and wait for a convincing bottom.

I’m still a believer in the product.

Reactions: Boomer19
I think there is a decent chance TSLA hits an ATH over the next 6 weeks or so. I think this is likely because some funds are going to add soon (or continue adding.) I think nearly everything is lining up for Tesla to take off in terms of demand, production, balance sheet, sentiment, and S&P addition next year. It's even more bullish to me that a lot of bulls don't think the stock is quite ready to take off yet. I only got one March $420 bought last week on a dip. I was hoping to buy some more on morning dips this week but they aren't happening!

IPOs are crazy dangerous. I only play them be carefully and try to benefit on a quick spike if it’s becoming obvious there will be one for a few days.

With those tech IPOs with high valuations we often see the price crash right away. Just need to try and wait for a convincing bottom.

I’m still a believer in the product.

yes MS recently announced a crazy number of Teams users. I have nothing against teams but that number is definitely skewed. it’s probably more the number of MS office users that have teams auto-launched every time they login to Ms office cloud. i bet maybe 1/4 actually use it.

i’m also betting slack still preferred choice by more tech savvy workforce

naturally that doesn’t matter in short term SP. and i already own MS in multiple 401k funds. nonetheless, my WORK position is 20000 leagues under the sea at the moment. but it’s not enough to fret over. so what could have been 8-12 months may to make 1-2 years or maybe it really is a bust and it stays here. either way i wait.

i think at some point the reduction in short interest trend is stifled and we see it rise back to 30mm shs or more from the last count of ~28mm

i know someone posted ihor saying it was 26 and a half or something. but i think it’s tougher for him to estimate as a trend takes a reversal. he likely overshoots

likely to do this as we rise higher

not bearish, just saying

the last few days were steps. rise on volume early and then capped or driven down from initial spike the rest of day. with a couple spikes back here and there.

it resisted at 350-355-and 360 but not with a ton of conviction. they were able to push through those lines each following day

will that resistance become more stubborn if we go towards 365-370-375?
and thats over the next couple weeks until P&D

then again, flow is what matters. as @bdy0627 said, funds could be accumulating. even if they are, short int could also accumulate and SP can still go up!

then we have the reduced holiday volume as a factor.

rarley an easy play w tsla

Reactions: jeewee3000
i think at some point the reduction in short interest trend is stifled and we see it rise back to 30mm shs or more from the last count of ~28mm

i know someone posted ihor saying it was 26 and a half or something. but i think it’s tougher for him to estimate as a trend takes a reversal. he likely overshoots

likely to do this as we rise higher

not bearish, just saying

the last few days were steps. rise on volume early and then capped or driven down from initial spike the rest of day. with a couple spikes back here and there.

it resisted at 350-355-and 360 but not with a ton of conviction. they were able to push through those lines each following day

will that resistance become more stubborn if we go towards 365-370-375?
and thats over the next couple weeks until P&D

then again, flow is what matters. as @bdy0627 said, funds could be accumulating. even if they are, short int could also accumulate and SP can still go up!

then we have the reduced holiday volume as a factor.

rarley an easy play w tsla
I agree: short interest will most likely start rising from now on as TSLA climbs further.

This has been said a lot in the last few years so I don't want to jinx anything, but this time I believe the events in the first four quarters to come will probably be positive enough to fuel a breakout above $400, despite increased short interest. By end of 2020 $450 seems very achievable. (I always try and under-estimate, I know it could be way higher)

Early november I bought 2 JAN2022 640 calls @ 15,00 each.

Yesterday my sell order for one of them @30,00 triggered (right when SP was $383) so I'm now holding a free LEAP.

I know, small position, but this dates from just after the ER runup where I deleveraged a lot.

I'm holding on to some cash just in case we see consolidation back to below $370.

Sold some short term stuff right here at a big profit. Expecting some resistance at ATH. Let's see where SP is heading. Might jump back in with a little more time value.

Hmm I consider this now as completely broken through ATH with no longer a good precedent to go off of. Anyone's guess as to how high it could go from here.

If you put a gun to my head and asked me to give an opinion where the next top is, I'd say $420 obviously.

Not saying this will happen now, but don't want to get caught with my pants down if it does happen here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 10.13.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 10.13.50 AM.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
Not saying this will happen now, but don't want to get caught with my pants down if it does happen here.

Why wouldn't you think we're at the black circle instead? We've just broken into a new trading range. The point you've noted is after a deep run into the new range. We've just gotten started.

tsla 122019.jpg