Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic data source?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3008.jpg
My maps says (c) OpenStreetMap. Apparently, the traffic data is from MapBox but I haven't been able to confirm that.

I too find the traffic visualization to be hard to read. Seriously why do you show me traffic coming the opposite way of my route? It's not relevant at that time, hide it and focus on what is most pertinent to the task at hand. Ie only traffic info on my routed path in the direction I'm going.

The traffic updates are too slow to be all that useful to me. I find myself validating Tesla's info with Google more often than not.

Overall I'm not very impressed with Tesla's nav package

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
This thread is useless

Respectfully, this thread is to determine the source of traffic data as much as we can. I don't like "black boxes" and while we can speculate, it's never bad to ask questions. I would like this data to determine how this traffic data is provided and presented, how quickly and progressively it is developed, and whether I should spend the 10/mo for premium connectivity for this feature (amongst others).

Right now, as I don't personally have a music subscription to Spotify and I find the satellite maps to be largely inconsequential, the useful viable feature is traffic visibility. If nothing else, I never found a thread on this on TMC (specifically on traffic view data, not necessarily navigation data), so this is just conversation. I think others could benefit as well.

Perhaps it's better to say that some responses are not contributing to answering the question asked?

Google traffic data looks to be close, but it doesn't seem to know any data on the side streets that I do see traffic data for in Tesla.