Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trailer Hitch on MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering, do you think the MY AWD could get a trailer hitch? I'm not really thinking about towing (although I have one of those super cheap, put together Harbor Freight trailers I use when I need to move say a lawn tractor or couch locally and it would be cool to use it for that).

But we use our trailer hitch for the bike rack- and it would be great to continue to use it to transport bikes.

Looking to place an order sometime soon. I'm sure there will be aftermarket companies that will start making one if Tesla doesn't have a solution. Look at the many that you see on the Model S and that didn't come with one. It would be nice thought to see what Tesla's doing.

I will not be buying a Y unless it has a factory trailer hitch...hopefully with a 5,000 pound capacity.

I'll be waiting for the Cybertruck otherwise. I don't truly need a Cybertruck because all I want is the ability to pull a simple utility trailer or a U-Haul trailer once every few years.

I will not be buying a Y unless it has a factory trailer hitch...hopefully with a 5,000 pound capacity.

I'll be waiting for the Cybertruck otherwise. I don't truly need a Cybertruck because all I want is the ability to pull a simple utility trailer or a U-Haul trailer once every few years.
5000 pounds? That's a bit of a stretch. Given it's basically a model 3 just slightly longer and higher, going from the around 2000 pounds in the European model to 5000 won't happen, most likely.

New photo in the wild relevant to this discussion:
jEe1Ud1nTyx9ivSEUYhC4lmDggG09i3zDDdKv0RLhIxxnqZaQEBJuXh3ypgrOZ3SWbQp4cvyK37auU6EVwX1WTGdT1v5A5s_TjQCK3JFlwknjnA1MruPZE-0kJ8Dvn_ppMWbaRuBrA=w960-h720-no

Status
Not open for further replies.