Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferrable Supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree 100%.

The "Motor Vehicle Owner Agreement on their Tesla Account page" @SilverString is referring to does not exist in my account (anymore).

I do have a paper copy of "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement", given to me by the SC at the delivery time. No FUSC mentioned in it.

My electronic "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement", emailed to me during the purchase process only says "Supercharger Enabled Included". That's it.
Dang that's a little irritating and my mistake, although it does exist in my account.

Reactions: Droschke
Dang that's a little irritating and my mistake, although it does exist in my account.

Correct. Having thought all along that I, as the original owner, have owned my 2015 car with the FUSC, and that it is transferable to a new owner, I'm in no position to disclose that as a fact to a potential buyer if I'm selling the car. I've no solid legal binding document to back that up. It's more than irritating. And, I do not care what a 3rd party website says about an embedded code and what that is supposed to mean on the Tesla webpage. Tesla does not honor any 3rd party interpretation of the status of our cars, a good example being the 3rd party CANBus tools/apps results or the response the OP has been given by Tesla SC.

Last edited:
Correct. Having thought all along that I, as the original owner, have owned my 2015 car with the FUSC, and that it is transferable to a new owner, I'm in no position to disclose that as a fact to a potential buyer if I'm selling the car. I've no solid legal binding document to back that up. It's more than irritating. And, I do not care what a 3rd party website says about an embedded code and what that is supposed to mean on the Tesla webpage. Tesla does not honor any 3rd party interpretation of the status of our cars, a good example being the 3rd party CANBus tools/apps results.
I feel your pain. Free charging would absolutely add to the value of the car, especially these days. Any indications from anyone who has sold an MS like yours that the FUSC carried forward after the sale and the new owner registered it with Tesla?

Reactions: Droschke
I feel your pain. Free charging would absolutely add to the value of the car, especially these days. Any indications from anyone who has sold an MS like yours that the FUSC carried forward after the sale and the new owner registered it with Tesla?

I certainly have no anecdotal indication. Even if there are some, it might change by Tesla at will anytime. I have no legally bound written document from Tesla to entitle me of a transferable FUSC. I also like to see if anyone else has.

We have the data. On this forum alone there probably have been hundreds of ownership transfers of SC01 and SC05 cars. With few exceptions SC01 transfers. I have done it personally. I am not a lawyer but if it's not stated in the MVPA and that is the only legal contract then you're out of luck. When it comes to things like this Tesla is not a serious company and I agree with your overall disappointment.

Did you have it in your MVPA that your FUSC was transferable?
No, I purchased the SC01 car privately so I never saw that contract. The SC05 was offered as a temporary incentive and my MVPA for that car has no mention of FUSC anywhere in it. Looks like @StoicKiwi said their SC01 MVPA does not mention it either. So all I am saying is when I sell my car with SC01 I will list it with FUSC and the SC05 without. The buyer will have to take that in good faith, as with many aspects of a used vehicle, and confirm it with a SuC test after the ownership transfer. It's a risk I took as a buyer. For SC05 I had to open a support ticket to actually get it applied since the only source of the incentive announcement was Tesla's Twitter post.🤷‍♂️

No, I purchased the SC01 car privately so I never saw that contract. The SC05 was offered as a temporary incentive and my MVPA for that car has no mention of FUSC anywhere in it. Looks like @StoicKiwi said their SC01 MVPA does not mention it either. So all I am saying is when I sell my car with SC01 I will list it with FUSC and the SC05 without. The buyer will have to take that in good faith, as with many aspects of a used vehicle, and confirm it with a SuC test after the ownership transfer. It's a risk I took as a buyer. For SC05 I had to open a support ticket to actually get it applied since the only source of the incentive announcement was Tesla's Twitter post.🤷‍♂️

Thanks for your clarification.