Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferring unlimited, super charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I prefer Tesla's way and it is revolutionizing the way cars are ordered. What I do not like is the incompetence and indifference of sales representatives.
I prefer a human contact. My 1st Tesla purchase was quite enjoyable. Of which the sales person did none of what you mentioned. They met me at the door, gave me my key fobs, allowed me to ask questions if I chose to, looked the car over with me, and then I was on my way. Quite a satisfying experience. Not so much with Tesla #2. But I'm glad their new way of doing business, completely impersonal, is satisfying to some.

Reactions: electricar
That sounds delightful compared to the usual dealership routine of time wasting - the salesperson running back and forth to the manager with your offer and raising the price each time. The finance person trying to pound you into an extended warranty, paint sealant, and their captive financing. And, last but not least, the last ditch effort to sell you floor mats and door edge guards when all you want to do is leave.
I’m old so the Tesla way of doing things took awhile to get used to but once I settled into it I realized that watching the pre-delivery videos ( several times because, again, I’m old ) and being left alone with the car on delivery day to look it over before accepting it was better than having to listen to a salesperson who worked at Taco Bell last week babble away. Similarly booking service through the app and, most times, having a mobile tech perform the work at your location and leave beats dealing with the service writer attempting to upsell you with all kinds of additional profit builders so they can make their bonus.
In short, after buying 2 Teslas, I much prefer the Tesla way of doing things over the old school 20th century dealership way.
I agree!

Curious, what simple stuff did you need help with, I'm just curious.
I was doing FSD transfer but I did not want to go long time with no FSDb which I use daily (HW4 not being ready with the current SW at the time I was talking) and I was proposing them whether if I buy monthly subscription for my old car right after the transfer, could I be guaranteed that it would be activated right awayand they were saying no and not budging to help out. She was saying they are not accepting beta users at will and I have to wait. Funny thing is it turns out you can get FSDb right away now. Secondly at the delivery time I wanted have a few extra days because of logistics and they were very dryly refusing it. In the end again they provided it. For this kind of purchase they should be more accommodating. Still these are not very bad examples but also I read others' experiences that representatives not doing much.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Perhaps I am of a generation that expects a little more customer service.

I, too, appreciate good customer service. Except when I'm buying something, I don't really need customer service. Perhaps if there's something I don't understand. Usually what I've received at car dealerships isn't really customer service, it's salesmanship.

Talking with a salesman for 5 hours or more over several days isn't my idea of a good time, and no other product I purchase requires that type of song and dance... even buying a house seems more pleasant than the typical car dealership experience.

So for me, Tesla's purchase experience is far superior than any other... and comes with a lower cost of doing business, that's a win-win scenario.

But I'm glad their new way of doing business, completely impersonal, is satisfying to some

What do you mean by "impersonal"? You want someone to buddy-buddy you and pretend to be your friend? That kind of "personal attention"? I'm just not sure I understand. Perhaps you had real questions about what you were buying and had a hard time getting answers directly from Tesla.

If that's the case, this is likely just generational. People these days tend to just search the web for those answers. They post on forums like this, or just read without creating an account... or they find their answers on Tesla's website, or ask a friend that already has one.

While it's reasonable to expect that someone at Tesla might be available to answer all of your questions, you're right that it's not exactly how they operate.

At a dealership, the salesman pretends to know everything because it positions them as the authority... but those people are acting in their own best financial interests, so they will often tell you what sounds good to your ears, even if it's intentionally false.

Reactions: Yelobird