Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transport Evolved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hate that the brake light come on though.

And loose the creep!

I don't mind the brake light, as it doesn't come on unless you lift off fast or more than about 1/2 way. (I can easily tell when it comes on at night because my Radiant Red roadster lights up the rear view mirror when the cyclops brake light comes on.)

As for the creep, it doesn't really bother me but I wouldn't miss it at all.

When you turn off the cruise control by by brake or by the stalk pushbutton, the brake line goes on.

I always prime the accelerator before I cancel cruise. To me the jerk of sudden deceleration would be more annoying than any possible brake light illumination.

Of course if I cancel cruise with the brake pedal, I expect the brake lights to come on.

Are you suuuuurreeee?????

Right then... time to go all Mythbusters on this.

I just took 919 out for a spin, and at a massive cost of 9 cents (I'll send you the bill for the electrons) I investigated the myth:

"Releasing the cruise control from the stalk always turns on the brake lights".

Since it's night time I could tell whether the brake lights came on by glancing in my rear view mirror and noting whether my rear spoiler lit up bright red.

I repeated the following sequence six times:

1. Cruise control on
  2. Cancel cruise with foot on accelerator while noting brightness of rear spoiler
  3. Cruise control on
  4. Cancel cruise with foot off accelerator while noting brightness of rear spoiler

In each case, I could see the brake lights turn on if my foot was off the accelerator. If I primed the pedal so the car would not slow down, the brake lights did NOT come on when I cancelled cruise.

What do you call it, Adam?

"BUSTED!!!" :biggrin::cool::rolleyes:

Transport Evolved 48 - Safety First

Join Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield from AllCarsElectric.com and Michael Thwaite from TeslaMotorsClub with Tom Mologhney as they discuss the week’s news in the world of green transport and electric cars, including the EVCup, the 2011 Nissan Leaf and 2011 Chevrolet Volt crash test ratings and much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Transport Evolved Episode 49 - Here Wheego Again

Join Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield from AllCarsElectric.com and Michael Thwaite from TeslaMotorsClub with guest Chelsea Sexton as they discuss the week’s news in the world of green transport and electric cars, including Wheego’s financial situation, the confusing price of the 2011 Think City EV, Tesla’s latest investment drive and much more.

Transport Evolved 50 - Faked?

Join*Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield from*AllCarsElectric.com and *Michael Thwaite from*TeslaMotorsClub as they discuss this week’s electric vehicle news, including the rigging of the Chinese EV Market, the first drive report of the Delta E4 Coupe, Top Gear’s latest antics and much more.