Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TRC P100D runs 10.4!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
he removed more than just the frunk.... :)

I've read all of the comments following the YouTube video.

He makes no mention of, nor does he alludes to, any other weight reduction aside from the frunk removal for the purposes of this 10.44 pass.

He does however state that further weight reduction efforts aside from the current frunk removal may be utilized in future runs.

Since the only claim he has made regarding weight reduction is the frunk removal, and his videos over these last several months appear to be on the up and up, I am inclined to believe that his improvement to this point , i.e. achieving 10.44 over his prior bests in this low options version of the car, is related to his frunk removal and no other weight reduction efforts thus far.

To add further details, this was done with a base model P100D (as Sorka stated above) with aftermarket wheels and a removed frunk. No details were provided about the specific wheel models, wheel diameters, tire pressures, etc.

Yep. I suspect he's doing this to drive additional traffic to his channel. To get .2 out of the run I'd bet he pulled everything what wasn't nailed down.

Last edited:
he removed more than just the frunk.... :)

:D OK, I guess you'd know.

With the windows tinted, it's impossible for an observer to tell whether or not the passenger and rear seats have been removed.

Usually in his videos, he shows at least one camera angle coming from the passenger side of the car.

But it is impossible to look at that video and tell if the seats, the carpet and other items in the car remain.

Even still though, I wonder how much even the passenger seat weighs in a stripped vehicle like that. As well as the rear seat.

Is the passenger seat in a stripped Model S a power seat?

The mystery will be revealed in a week or two. I asked the direct question in Tesla Racing Channel if he removed the frunk only. He replied that don't try to remove the frunk and expect to run a 10.4 and that the details will be released in a week or two. So apparently more weight was reduced somewhere else.

Reactions: Pezpunk
The mystery will be revealed in a week or two. I asked the direct question in Tesla Racing Channel if he removed the frunk only. He replied that don't try to remove the frunk and expect to run a 10.4 and that the details will be released in a week or two. So apparently more weight was reduced somewhere else.

Maybe he just meant that unless you also have a stripper P100D removing the frunk on it's own won't do it.