Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trinidad, Colorado supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! I'll now add Plugshare to my searching.

jcanoe: I only have the basic ABRP. I briefly saw the quote you shared, but couldn't find it when I looked later. How exactly did you find it? I'm finding ABRP rather awkward to navigate.

Thanks! I'll now add Plugshare to my searching.

jcanoe: I only have the basic ABRP. I briefly saw the quote you shared, but couldn't find it when I looked later. How exactly did you find it? I'm finding ABRP rather awkward to navigate.
When I entered a route from Las Vegas, NM (Not Nevada) to Colorado Springs, CO ABRP skipped the Trinidad Supercharger (V2, 150kW, 6 charging spaces, opened end of July 2015.) The Trinidad Supercharger location was greyed out on the route map within ABRP. When I clicked on the greyed out location on the map that is where the message appeared.

It may be that ABRP will skip a Supercharger location for automatic route planning if the Supercharger if it has been recently reported that the location has limited charging capability, i.e. if 50% or more of the available charging spaces are not functioning or if there are more than a few vehicles waiting. ABRP will skip the degraded Supercharger location if ABRP determines that you can make it to your destination or an alternate Supercharger without stopping at the Supercharger with limited charging capability.

Last edited:
jcanoe: Thanks. I tried various routes, none of them even showed the "grayed out" supercharger. In fact, the Tesla Colorado Supercharger map does NOT show the Supercharger on the map, but DOES show it in the list of CO Superchargers. Weird.

ItsNot...: I tried that, and it still didn't show up. Thanks for the thought.

jcanoe: Thanks. I tried various routes, none of them even showed the "grayed out" supercharger. In fact, the Tesla Colorado Supercharger map does NOT show the Supercharger on the map, but DOES show it in the list of CO Superchargers. Weird.

ItsNot...: I tried that, and it still didn't show up. Thanks for the thought.
The Trinidad Supercharger showed up on the map greyed out as before but then disappeared. I had to zoom in and out a few times before it reappeared.

Stop..making...me...nervous...! My 2600 mile road trip to Tampa was a piece of cake, no wilderness (uhh...well...Alabama sorta kinda counts, but no dehydrated bovine skulls on the side of the road...)