Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Attempted and Aborted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh - my wife was driving the Model S to LA (from SF Bay Area). Made it to Harris Ranch. Plugged in to supercharger and it didn't charge. First time every plugging in to a supercharger. Called Tesla and after 3 hours+ of remote diagnostics and trying several chargers they determined it was a physical problem. The car was able to accept a regular charge, just not a super charge. Needless to say she had enough range to get to Hertz and Tesla came an picked up the car and towed it back to Fremont. Note to self: Try supercharging before you really need it!

I'm sorry that happened to your wife.

We are also in the SF Bay Area, and picked up our MS on June 28. On July 4 we drove to the Gilroy SC just to test the SC capability. We left home with enough charge to do the round trip even if the SC didn't work. It worked fine, and we charged just long enough to grab some drinks at the In n Out before heading back home.

We have a HPWC installed in our garage, so I tested the UMC using our 240V dryer circuit to make sure it works too.

That sucks that your trip didn't work out. I just had my HPWC installed a week before the car arrived on 7/29 and tried to charge it for the first time 7/30, it didn't work. I called my electrician the next day 7/31, he came by and looked at it and saw perhaps some minor tweaks he could've made, but nevertheless it didn't work, and for some time the cable even got stuck in the charge port. Tesla and my electrician came to the HPWC and replaced it, it works now as of 8/1. Really great service, and hopefully I won't have any more issues.

I had the same problem first time going to Harris Ranch but luckily for me it was a software issue and it was fixed in 10mins. Sorry to hear that happened for you and they couldn't resolve it. Try to get them to comp you something :)