Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble with Fob Linked Driver Profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We can't seem to get it to function properly, seems to get stuck on one setting (for example even when we leave the house and my fob is at home, when we leave office my wife gets in with her key and seat goes back to my profile. The reverse situation is a painful one! When I get in and it adjusts back to my wifes profile (knee crushing!)

The only thing I can think is my fob is not actually fob 1 but is fob 2, however I tried turning feature off and then pairing profiles with driver keys again when we were away from the house with only one key with us and it still didn't work. I think it's a software issue and was wondering if anyone has had same problem. Thanks!

Same problem here. I set my profile at the delivery and connect with the FOB (was also supposedly Fob 2).

Then when home, while my fob was away, we set my wife's profile and linked it to the fob she had (was also shown as Fob 2).

Worked fine until I show up with my FOB and the car went into my wife's settings.

Now (I did not try that) since the user manual states that a battery depleted FOB can start the car if placed in the cupholders (driver's armrest cup holder):

Have you tried putting the FOB to be linked in there when doing the profile association?

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Same problem here. I set my profile at the delivery and connect with the FOB (was also supposedly Fob 2).

Then when home, while my fob was away, we set my wife's profile and linked it to the fob she had (was also shown as Fob 2).

Worked fine until I show up with my FOB and the car went into my wife's settings.

Now (I did not try that) since the user manual states that a battery depleted FOB can start the car if placed in the cupholders (driver's armrest cup holder):

Have you tried putting the FOB to be linked in there when doing the profile association?
We had same issue both were shown as fob 2, but then I re-paired both and was shown as fob 1, fob 2 respectively but still had same issue. At this point we have it turned off but I didn't know the cupholder trick with a dead fob, that's handy!

We just took delivery of a new Model X and initially the driver profiles worked perfectly. Two days later, my wife’s key fob died due to a dead battery. Replaced the battery and both key fobs showed up as Key fob 2. I removed the batteries from both of them, deleted the profiles and moved the remotes away from the vehicle. I then took each one to the vehicle independently. I created new driver profiles and each key fob was detected and shoed up correctly as 1 and 2. I thought all was good but now the car isn’t switching between profiles when a remote is present. It clearly can tell that either fob 1 or 2 is in the car as it shows up in the driver profile menu. However, it never triggers the profile. I found that unlocking the vehicle causes it to switch to the appropriate profile but I never do that since I’ve got the auto-present setup to unlock and open the door.

I called Tech support and they had me reboot the system. That didn't work so they said factory reset it. I did that and I still have the same broken behavior.

Kind of frustrating that things are so easily broken.

I also think Tesla should give us the ability to back up our setting so after a factory reset, we can restore without having to manually re-do everything.

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture