Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Truhart Rear Camber Arms Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was the guinea pig and bought the Truhart Rear Camber Arms. Disclaimer: I reached out to the company and they offered me 20% off to try them out. I paid $145 vs the $187 common retail price.

General Impressions: Well made, good adjustment range, a bit heavy.

These are steel arms throughout. All of the parts are ferrous. They are nicely painted with no exposed metal except in the threaded areas. Threaded areas have a light oil coating. Threads have a mark on them indicating maximum extension length which is a nice touch. They include a bracket for the hole on the tab that is on the stock arm, but they can be removed. This hole wasn't used on my car.

Weight per arm: 1050 grams. Stock is 870, MPP is 610
Weight on fork end (estimate of unsprung weight): 530g. Stock 415, MPP 340.

The adjustment range is good. I can get about 3 degrees more camber than stock with them at the shortest position. They extend well beyond the original length too if reducing camber is your goal. They have beefy flats on the adjustment tube, and I had no issue changing camber with the suspension loaded. When unloaded you can just turn it by hand. I didn't notice any change in camber when I locked down the lock nuts.

The rubber busing is smaller than the stock bushing, and appears to be stiffer overall. I have no way to evaluate the quality of this rubber, but there are no immediate visual issues.

Fitment was fine except for one minor issue- the paint made the holes in the "fork" slightly too small for the shoulder of the bolt. I have contacted the company about this, and they are revising their design. All future parts sold will be updated. The company was highly responsive, replying to emails in under an hour. They are sold by a company based in the USA, and arrived in two days from order.

Overall: They seem to be a good value for people that aren't looking to save every gram on the car, and maybe would rather save some money for more seat time or other weight savings. Performance should be similar to the stock arms, maybe slightly stiffer due to having less rubber.

Tip: Place the new arm next to the stock one and you can set it to exactly the same length as the original and maintain your alignment. You can use the bolts from the car and drop them through the holes to get the length dead on.

FYI: These also appear to be sold under the "Hardrace" brand in other markets.

View media item 121509View media item 121508View media item 121507

Last edited:
Thanks for trying these out and writing a review. Also taking the time to weigh the parts is helpful. Generally, I like to spend as less as possible but I'd probably buck up and get the MPP ones due to lighter weight, non-rusting aluminum, and sealed spherical bearings. That being said, I do see the value in these if you've lowered the car and just want some camber adjustment to save on tires - would eventually pay for itself.

Just an FYI, but the stock arms are steel and don't use spherical bearings. There are 8 bushings and 4 arms in the rear suspension and this replaces one arm and one bushing. If you're really looking to ditch steel and get stiff joints , you need to replace all of that.

Someone should make those

MPP-Camber-Arm-Featured-Image-300x240.png

Toe-Arms-3-300x240.jpg

Tesla-Model-3-Cyber-Rear-Traction-Arms-300x240.jpg

Tesla-Model-3-Cyber-Rear-Trailing-Arms-300x240.jpg

MPP-Rear-Spring-Arm-Featured-Image-300x240.jpg

I mean, they essentially paid him to do this.

That's a hell of an accusation. Getting $40 off for something that nobody else has tried isn't "getting paid" to do it. I spent my own money. You think I did the above for $40? I was 100% transparent with my situation. Has MPP ever given a discount to anyone, and did they *always* make it clear what that discount was? If the worse you can say about my review is that I got a $40 discount for it, I guess I did a pretty good job.

You seem a bit threatened by cheaper parts coming on the market. A vendor showing up in a thread about a different company's product to bash the reviewer, not the product? Not cool. I notice you showed up in the other thread too.

FYI, My car has thousands of dollars of MPP gear on it. How do you think I got the MPP weights? I appreciate what you have done for Tesla performance options, but you should let your products speak for themselves.

Last edited:
man, you definitely appear to be on a mission

Just making sure everyone knows what they are buying. If all you want is a camber adjustment, replacing one arm is not going to magically give you spherical bearings everywhere. You get things like "how could you not spend $300 more for sphericals!?" when it's not $300. It's about $1500. Not sure how much sense it is to spend more if all you are going to replace is the camber arm and leave the rest stock. But that's a personal decision and it's awesome that the market is giving us a range of options.

That's a hell of an accusation. Getting $40 off for something that nobody else has tried isn't "getting paid" to do it

Accusation? You posted they were giving you $40 to be a guinea pig, and I bet writing a small review was expected as part of that deal. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s basically taking money for a review (unless it’s normal and everyone gets 20% off?) and giving them visibility to potential customers.

Most companies pay a lot of money per year to be a vendor on a forum, so of course they are going to post on these types of threads. I’m sure MPP don’t feel threatened in the slightest.

I think the OP just wanted to provide an opinion and some info about a product he bought. The review seems quite neutral and points out both pros and cons. For me, the cons outweigh the pros to buy MPP or UP bits but nevertheless this is an alternative that may suit some people so lets not shoot the messenger for sharing. I was actually curious about these parts and glad I now have some info. As said, for me the info provided helped me decide these are not for me. It would have been easy for the OP to gloss over cons like weight for example and just ignore that subject or be more vague by saying they're slightly heavier but he provided actual weights.

The $40 is really not incentive to say these are the best things since sliced bread and that isn't said. I honestly don't see anything written that says he was biased by the discount. I'm glad he wrote this and don't want people discouraged from writing reviews. if this review wasn't written, I could have ordered these and maybe you too.

Since you mentioned it, I did wonder why you started a new thread when you already had one.

Because the previous one was asking if anyone had used them, and this was a actual review of them? Seems pretty logical to start a new thread.

Accusation? You posted they were giving you $40 to be a guinea pig, and I bet writing a small review was expected as part of that deal. Nothing wrong with that, but it’s basically taking money for a review (unless it’s normal and everyone gets 20% off?) and giving them visibility to potential customers.

A review wasn't part of the "deal." I told them I couldn't find any information on their product anywhere so I was skeptical, and they offered me a discount to get me to try them, just like I said the the post. If posting a review was part of the conditions of the discount I would have said that.

The "accusation" here is that the only reason I posted was for a $40 discount (which is very different than being paid), and that buried in that is the idea that my review was biased. Look at the exact words MPP used: "I mean, they essentially paid him to do this." That is them calling me a shill. Not a great thing to do to one of your customers.

I'm a pretty awful shill too- I told you they weigh a lot, and they didn't even fit without some modifications.

Reactions: outdoors
The $40 is really not incentive to say these are the best things since sliced bread and that isn't said. I honestly don't see anything written that says he was biased by the discount. I'm glad he wrote this and don't want people discouraged from writing reviews. if this review wasn't written, I could have ordered these and maybe you too.

I don’t think the $40 was for a glowing review, I think it was to get some free advertising and visibility on a Tesla forum. Where has anyone said otherwise?

I don’t think the $40 was for a glowing review, I think it was to get some free advertising and visibility on a Tesla forum. Where has anyone said otherwise?

"man, you definitely appear to be on a mission"
"I mean, they essentially paid him to do this."

Maybe I am a sensitive flower, but that sure reads like I only defended the product because I was paid.

Also, re-read your sentence: "I don’t think the $40 was for a glowing review, I think it was to get some free advertising"... I've now been told I was "paid" for "free advertising" ;)

Again, Truhart had no requirement I post a review.

A review wasn't part of the "deal." I told them I couldn't find any information on their product anywhere so I was skeptical, and they offered me a discount to get me to try them, just like I said the the post. If posting a review was part of the conditions of the discount I would have said that.

I said ‘expected’, not ‘condition’. My wife can expect flowers on our anniversary, but it’s not a condition!

The "accusation" here is that the only reason I posted was for a $40 discount (which is very different than being paid), and that buried in that is the idea that my review was biased.

No, I don’t think you posted for a $40 discount, and I don’t think your comments were biased. I think they gave you this discount hoping you would post and give them free advertising, and you did.