Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Interior: Bottomless gap, passenger side?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ℬête Noire

Jan 30, 2018
TX
I got a few minutes with an M3 parked on a showroom floor today (Houston, TX Galleria). Poking around the trunk I noticed I could slide my fingers down the back of trunk compartment wall of the passenger side (the outside wall, back of the wheel well) and into the gap between it and what appears to be the floor of the trunk (at that point, I'm not talking about the storage well in the middle). I was two joints of my fingers in and still felt nothing but air. I asked "What's under here? How do I get things out that fall in here?" While flinching when I pulled up on it slightly to see if was a compartment that opened :eek:, they answered "I don't know."

Anyone that's taken ownership, how accessible is this ? It seemed REALLY easy for smaller items to get jammed into the corner and fall down there.

P.S. Sorry, no picture of my fingers in the gap. Rushed and didn't have the presence of mind to. They were REALLY pushing on a scripted spiel firing words at me and when I asked questions they mostly reminded me to ask my questions after I was back "behind the rope".