Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a spoiler (brand new, unused) for the 2021+ refresh and an entire carbon fiber interior trim kit (also brand new) available. I was planning on putting it in my incoming LR model S, but I bought a plaid instead that already has carbon fiber trim. So how I have an entire brand new set in the box ready for someone else to buy. PM me if you want it. Willing to sell b

Reactions: cmarshack
I have a spoiler (brand new, unused) for the 2021+ refresh and an entire carbon fiber interior trim kit (also brand new) available. I was planning on putting it in my incoming LR model S, but I bought a plaid instead that already has carbon fiber trim. So how I have an entire brand new set in the box ready for someone else to buy. PM me if you want it. Willing to sell b
PM sent

Here

Attachments

• PXL_20211110_213143987~2.jpg
    PXL_20211110_213143987~2.jpg
    877.4 KB · Views: 582
  • PXL_20211110_213127547~2.jpg
    PXL_20211110_213127547~2.jpg
    900 KB · Views: 446
It was a cheapo Amazon one. But it's nice quality and looks amazing.

GearLiv Spoiler, Tesla Model S 2012-20 Carbon Fiber Trunk Lip Spoiler Performance Style, Glue Adhesive, Easy Install, Super Light Amazon.com: GearLiv Spoiler, Tesla Model S 2012-20 Carbon Fiber Trunk Lip Spoiler Performance Style, Glue Adhesive, Easy Install, Super Light : Automotive
Looks like it's no longer available, unfortunately. It's hard to tell from your photos - is this one of the ones that has the sort of "scalloped" underside, like this one: Model S Jupiter Spoiler - Real Molded Carbon Fiber ?

I'm not crazy about the shape of the underside of that one (the top looks great), and wish it were just flat across, similar to the genuine OEM Plaid part. Sadly, the only others I've found are the ones that look like they're blunted at both ends, and stick solely on top of the liftgate as opposed to the edge (top and back) of it. I'm not a big fan of that design either.

Edit: think I might just snag one of those cheapo blunted-looking ones on Amazon. The look isn't terrible and this car REALLY needs something there, IMO, especially in white. It's cheap enough that I wouldn't mind just throwing it away if I found something better looking down the road.

Last edited:
The trunks are the same, but the OEM spoilers are different. You can use an OEM pre-2021 spoiler on your 2022, but it will be an inch or two shorter on each side and not extend as far to the edge. Aftermarket spoilers made for the pre-refresh cars may vary - they might have been wider anyway, or they may have been the same width as the stock one. But they should all fit.
Here's my Plaid and my Raven MSP:
Screenshot 2022-01-27 092221.jpg

Looks like it's no longer available, unfortunately. It's hard to tell from your photos - is this one of the ones that has the sort of "scalloped" underside, like this one: Model S Jupiter Spoiler - Real Molded Carbon Fiber ?

I'm not crazy about the shape of the underside of that one (the top looks great), and wish it were just flat across, similar to the genuine OEM Plaid part. Sadly, the only others I've found are the ones that look like they're blunted at both ends, and stick solely on top of the liftgate as opposed to the edge (top and back) of it. I'm not a big fan of that design either.

Edit: think I might just snag one of those cheapo blunted-looking ones on Amazon. The look isn't terrible and this car REALLY needs something there, IMO, especially in white. It's cheap enough that I wouldn't mind just throwing it away if I found something better looking down the road.
Let me know if you find any spoilers that wrap around the top of the trunk and the facade of the trunk where the logo is. I'm looking for something like that too.

TSportline has something like that: Tesla Model S Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler but for $1,100 USD, that is insane vs. the $200-$300 ones found on Amazon/eBay and a couple other Tesla accessories stores.

Yeah it's not available anymore. I ended up ordering the Jupiter spoiler from rpmtesla. I am only 10 min away from their RSM headquarter, gonna pick up sometime next week

I saw that in one of their current spoiler description. For the price it's a deal comparing to those overpriced tsportline/unplugged ones.
The one you see available today (MODEL S BLADE PERFORMANCE SPOILER)
is the spoiler that mimics the pre-refresh Tesla spoiler. He has another one in development that will be longer and have less kick than that one, just like the new Plaid spoiler. The new one should have less impact on range, with less kick, and I think the longer length fits the car better.

• Informative
Reactions: jackk