Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Switzerland, I guess...

It's a one-and-a-half hour drive, from where I live. The next time I get into that region, I might take a small detour and have a look.

This sounds very strange to me. Maybe a company offering postboxes is located there... I don't know, sounds all very suspicious...

He has a listed telephone number for that address: http://tel.local.ch/en/d/Barbereche/1783/Petersen-John-WLVmxW0oWWiIgI7cUOsuyw?what=petersen&where=barber%C3%AAche

After all he is registered in the swiss phone directory:
jp1.jpg

And one single entry in that name, about 45min away from Chateau de Barbereche
jp2.jpg

jp3.jpg

Note to my self: I should stop stalking this guy now... :frown:

edit:some typos

Can you call the number and ask if he is the one writing the articles?

I think I probably shouldn't do that, I could loose my temper... :mad:

But why doesn't one of the more that 100 Roadster owners in Switzerland pays him a visit? Maybe a short ride in the roadster will convince him. (Not really I think)

My guess is, that this guy made some kind of fortune manipulating the markets.

Or he is getting paid by some really rich people/companies to dis EVs. (Not really -> attention! conspiracy theory alert :wink: )

edit2: BTW: According to his website, there are a couple of bio fuel companies among his clients.

edit:some typos

Last edited:
And, an announcement about a "battery swap system" (that Elon almost reluctantly alluded to, when asked, at the annual shareholders' meeting) at a later time.
I can't imagine any charging announcement or battery swap announcement that would significantly move the stock price. Let's assume it will be an announcement of an extensive fast charge network and available pack swapping, both which would be additional expenses for the company to implement.

I can't imagine any charging announcement or battery swap announcement that would significantly move the stock price. Let's assume it will be an announcement of an extensive fast charge network and available pack swapping, both which would be additional expenses for the company to implement.
What if the supercharge station have 4 things:

1. Supercharger @ 90kw/h
2. Solar panels
3. Swap station (recharged by solar panels)
4. Regular charge feed by the spare battery packs.

Just a suggestion....

Do you think most investors will see that as a huge benefit for the stock price? I don't. In fact I think much of the importance given to fast charging and long range is way over blown, and all of what you list will cost Tesla a large amount of money and not bring in additional income, unless Tesla is going to charge really high prices for fast charging, which over all will be a rare event.

What if the supercharge station have 4 things:

1. Supercharger @ 90kw/h
2. Solar panels
3. Swap station (recharged by solar panels)
4. Regular charge feed by the spare battery packs.

Just a suggestion....

Does anybody know how the quick swap will work? Will tesla rent you a battery while your own battery charges?

Have they released any details on the battery swap program?

Do you think most investors will see that as a huge benefit for the stock price? I don't. In fact I think much of the importance given to fast charging and long range is way over blown, and all of what you list will cost Tesla a large amount of money and not bring in additional income, unless Tesla is going to charge really high prices for fast charging, which over all will be a rare event.

Hype is what make people go nuts.

Mr Musk is all about Hype. Wait & see.

To an ev enthusiast like your self it's not a big deal but to your average consumer it will do a lot to calm their worries about "range anxiety". It may be a minor expense for tesla but it will probably help people who are still on the fence about buying a tesla to pull the trigger.

I doubt that the charging network is going to be too expensive for tesla to implement. A few charging stations strategically placed in major cities across north America and that's it. We don't need a charging station every 20 miles.

To an ev enthusiast like your self it's not a big deal but to your average consumer it will do a lot to calm their worries about "range anxiety". It may be a minor expense for tesla but it will probably help people who are still on the fence about buying a tesla to pull the trigger.

I doubt that the charging network is going to be too expensive for tesla to implement. A few charging stations strategically placed in major cities across north America and that's it. We don't need a charging station every 20 miles.

I agree that it will help quell the range anxiety, but will it have a big effect on the stock price... probably not. We need things like perfect delieveries for the first couple months and good reviews from the mainstream mags. Anything that is known to the media at this point is already priced into the stock.

I agree that it will help quell the range anxiety, but will it have a big effect on the stock price... probably not.

Not by itself, most people will not immediately know what to make of it, how much infrastructure will be really needed, whether it will work as advertised, etc.

As Fr23shjive said, a 'starter-'network will not be too expensive, and as Tesla grows with Model S, the network will grow. The so-called "mainstream" expects the EV industry to build a charging infrastructure, for good reasons, and so, for as long as the EV industry hasn't done the obvious, it won't be taken very seriously. However that is just one of several requirements for the mainstream to change its opinion, and may not do as much just by itself. Though it might. You cannot predict at which point the mainstream will start changing its opinion (in a small sense I already see a change), but at some point it will.

Plus I'm not trilled with Tesla's questionable decision to limit journalists to just 10 minutes with the car for review. It is odd and limits the sort of thorough reviews people are expecting
I don't find it odd if your first priority is delivering the car to the thousands of people you have waiting. I find it refreshing. Journalists will get their turn when things cool down a bit.
This is not some noble attempt to be refreshingly different. This is a calculated move to avoid negative pub early on. Why not allow full reviews for a few select outlets?
Not surprisingly, some folks here, being investors, are anxious to see the stock price go up. But I strongly suspect that Elon Musk is far more interested in getting as many cars to early reservation-holders as possible, than in giving the stock price a quick boost. He knows that creating news (e.g. by giving reporters lengthy car time) will have only transitory effect on stock price, while the real work of ramping up production, delivering cars, generating cash flow is what will build the company and create real growth. He's not going to cater to day traders by creating news that causes transitory price spikes.

He is giving journalists a peek, using a small number of cars (or one car???) to whet their appetite, and certainly as production ramps up and he can spare a few cars he'll give select journalists more time with the car. But if I'd put down a $50,000 deposit three or four years ago, I'd be upset if Tesla devoted the first two dozen cars to loaning to journalists for a week of in-depth reviews. I'd want those first cars to go to the long-suffering reservation-holders.

I don't think this is a ploy to avoid negative reviews. I think it's an effort to reward the people who trusted Tesla with massive deposits.

And as an investor in it for the long haul, I couldn't care less about what the stock price does in the short term. (Unless it drops to 25, in which case I'm grabbing another 50 shares.)

People who buy when they feel the price is low, with the hope of selling in a few days or weeks when the price is high, have a perfect right to do so. But they don't have a right to expect Tesla to create news that creates a price spike so they can pull a few easy bucks from the market, and if that is what they want, they have no sympathy from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.