Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a quote that goes something like "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity."

Heinlein's Razor! Just learned about this yesterday. Funny how things like that work out.

I think downward pressure on the stock is only delaying the inevitable so I invite it. Can't wait for the day/week/month when Tesla absolutely explodes gaining double digit percents back to back to back.

Apple buying Tesla would be a natural match.

If this rumor is true, watch shorts panic coming our way ;)

Yes, it would be great. But this appears to have started with one blogger & now is being picked up and repeated. I think the most likely outcome is a little flurry of activity and (unless there is something substantiating the rumor) will just die down again. (Only to be repeated on a slow news day.)

Yes, it would be great. But this appears to have started with one blogger & now is being picked up and repeated. I think the most likely outcome is a little flurry of activity and (unless there is something substantiating the rumor) will just die down again. (Only to be repeated on a slow news day.)

Yeah, but the news is coming out from business wire, a 'you know who' company.

Rumors are not always true, but they always have a goal.

I could not agree more. Anyone who knows me in person knows that I may be the most anti apple person on the planet.
I'm not even anti-Apple, the companies are in completely different lines of business. The issues a car company faces have nothing to do with the issues a company like Apple faces (shipping, sourcing, parts, manufacturing, etc all all completely different). The last thing I want is Apple, who knows nothing about building cars, to control Tesla.

They're both, arguably, innovators in their space, but that doesn't mean there's any synergy in their businesses.
The model S is an iPad with wheels' someone said
Ug, yea, the screen is nice, but it's a small part of the overall car. Let's get real here, the screen is flashy and catchy, but they hired Franz and Gilbert to make a car. They didn't hire people to create a rolling iPad.

Would you want a carpet manufacturer to buy Tesla because the car has carpet? That'd be just as ridiculous as merging with Apple due to the screen.

What's after that? Microsoft buys GM, HP merges with Fiat?

Status
Not open for further replies.