Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Jalopnik article: A Tesla spokesperson said Banks’ claims were “complete nonsense.” Update 5:30 p.m.: Our sister site Gizmodo heard from the man himself, and Musk said he “has never even met [Banks] or communicated with her in any way.”

More BS.

Like I said, BS. But people disinclined to believe Musk (aka, a huge number of people) will side with her version of the story. Just went and checked a couple of the usual suspects on twitter, like Business Insider "journalist" Linette Lopez, and yep, they're already circulating it.

Capture d’écran 2018-08-14 à 01.29.24.png

for some reason, I seem have reduced a short (and others it seems) to hysterical responses all in CAPS,
merely because i repeatedly, about 30-40 times on SA,
1) pointed out that shorts will be on the hook for $14.7 Billion real soon,
2) 35,000,000 shares wont convert and will vanish causing a liquidity crises as available shares vanish,
3) $420 will be the floor if not spiking way higher,
4) I think see subtle evidence in SP, vol and Advance/Decline lines of elephants unwinding short positions, quietly stampeding for the exits, leaving small mouse shorts holding a bag of IOU's.

It's like fear is spreading and I think i'm only telling simple truths, but they seem to be panicking and bolting for the exits, cusing consternation for some reason .
They were promised that shorting Tesla was a sure thing and easy money

I mean no harm, I just want them gone from TSLA as it becomes TSLAP(rivate) sooner than later, like maybe Christmas, or New Years.

Musk, based on his letter, seems to think about 60 million shares will be sold by people wanting/needing to be bought out at $420. More than enough to cover 35 million shorts. And yes, nobody is forgetting that the shorts exist, so if they think that they can make more money selling to them than to the Saudis, they'll do so - even if that means not getting a chance to vote their shares (the conclusion will probably be foregone by that point) or whatnot.

Like I said, BS. But people disinclined to believe Musk (aka, a huge number of people) will side with her version of the story. Just went and checked a couple of the usual suspects on twitter, like Business Insider "journalist" Linette Lopez, and yep, they're already circulating it.

Not surprised. Not gonna help the shorts. Even if people believe it -- EVERYONE knows that if you're going to have a CEO who tweets on acid it's much less risky if the company is private.;)

Last edited:
Maybe it was a first impression. He is pretty fidgety and intense if you haven't noticed. If I didn't know him, I'd think he was tweaking too. When doesn't he "Scramble?" Just ask the people in the paint booth, I bet they know about scrambling! How else does all this sh** get done under one man?

Anyway, sounds like a bad rumor (or a really bad date).

Seems she has a history of this sort of nonsense.

But in this case, not sure it is such a bright move to slander a billionaire CEO who though probably could care less personally, might be put in a spot where he has to send the phalanx of lawyers to bring her to court to set the record straight for the company.

I hope the shorts are paying her well. She might need every cent.

• Love
Reactions: Lessmog and neroden
EM estimated (in his SpaceX letter above) it was worth $4-5 Billion (2013). I just did a search and SpaceX is valued at $25B today (per Fortune.com). 5X growth in 5 years. Pretty good odds here I'd say ;)

Yep, that's what SharesPost shows their value at... I would be happy with an extra ~$400 added to the SP every year or so

As a really small time investor who these past few days more than doubled my Tesla position, I have been somewhat unsettled at how that has significantly brought up my average buying price. Not less so because a couple of BMW driving colleagues shook their heads when I first told them that I had bought TSLA for the money set aside for my M3.

So I take comfort in the above post, thank you very much.

PS Edit. I took the advice of my bank advisor who strongly urged me to only invest money I could afford to lose. And if Tesla goes bankrupt, I will indeed not need the money for an M3...
You seem to be assuming if Tesla filed BK they would go out of business. That is not the case at all if they file CH 11. It "clears the decks" of current shareholders and lots of the debt. It then allows Tesla to sell new shares to raise money for growth and future operations. That is why the CH 11 was created in the first place. To give businesses with potential a fresh start. Happens every day.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AndreN
Mod: profanity (even disguised) not acceptable. Removed. --ggr.

In other news... not much short covering:

Ihor Dusaniwsky on Twitter

$TSLA short interest is$12.18 bn, 34.27 mm shares shorted, 26.9% of the float. Shares shorted are down 407 thousand (-1.2%) since The Tweet & up 3.8 mm (+12.6%) in 2018. #Tesla shorts are down $32 million in mark-to-market losses on today's +0.25% price move & down -$2.5 bn ytd

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.