Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk
Elon
3m
I’m excited to work with Silver Lake and Goldman Sachs as financial advisors, plus Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and Munger, Tolles & Olson as legal advisors, on the proposal to take Tesla private

·
2m
Awesome really looking forward to continue as an investor in $TSLA as a private company Thanks for the update

Elon
3m
I’m excited to work with Silver Lake and Goldman Sachs as financial advisors, plus Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and Munger, Tolles & Olson as legal advisors, on the proposal to take Tesla private

·
2m
Awesome really looking forward to continue as an investor in $TSLA as a private company Thanks for the update
That is a lot of lawyers who don't think Elon is going to jail.

Right
Elon going to jail is a delusional fantasy created by $TSLA short sellers in their twilight zone attempts at keeping SP down
well tomorrow we start the much anticipated short squeeze of the century
You look too young to remember the M&A mania in the 80's and 90's. About half fell through. But the investment bankers and lawyers made huge fortunes. Firms were scooping up top MBA grads like crazy. This is like "deja vu" for us older guys. The beauty for them is they get paid no matter what happens.

• Helpful
Reactions: TrendTrader007
Elon
3m
These are literally the best of best. You'd be hard pressed to put together a better team. No way these firms would take this up if it wasn't the real deal.

New York Times

Elon Musk’s Tweet on Taking Tesla Private Surprised Even Its Board

But three people familiar with the workings of the Saudi fund cast doubt on his account. They said the fund had taken none of the steps that such an ambitious transaction would entail, like preparing a term sheet or hiring a financial adviser to work on the deal.

And even if the fund were ready to move forward with such an agreement, it would invite review by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, the government body that reviews the national-security implications of such transactions.

Two people familiar with the chain of events said that in a conversation with an informal adviser about the mess he had gotten himself into, Mr. Musk said he had taken to Twitter impulsively. He said he had done so because he was not the kind of person who could hold things in, and was angry at the company’s critics.

A person with direct knowledge of the Tesla board’s thinking said some members of the board had been totally blindsided by Mr. Musk’s decision to air his plan on Twitter.

These are literally the best of best. You'd be hard pressed to put together a better team. No way these firms would take this up if it wasn't the real deal.
It's also worth pointing out that the Munger in "Munger, Tolles & Olson" is (was) Charlie Munger, who went on to become the number 2 at Berkshire Hathaway.

The zip ties have been on the upper control arm mass since day one. Overall the upper control arms are really odd from the design to how they are made with stamped steel and injection over molding. Would really like to talk to the engineers who designed it and ask why. lol

On Elon going to jail and all that. You can crash the entire US economy and not go to jail, or take billions from drug lords (HSBC). I honestly couldn't care less even if somehow the SEC found some wrong doing, it would be a fine. whoop dee doo. I care about the likelihood of the deal, full stop.

New York Times

Elon Musk’s Tweet on Taking Tesla Private Surprised Even Its Board

But three people familiar with the workings of the Saudi fund cast doubt on his account. They said the fund had taken none of the steps that such an ambitious transaction would entail, like preparing a term sheet or hiring a financial adviser to work on the deal.

And even if the fund were ready to move forward with such an agreement, it would invite review by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, the government body that reviews the national-security implications of such transactions.

Two people familiar with the chain of events said that in a conversation with an informal adviser about the mess he had gotten himself into, Mr. Musk said he had taken to Twitter impulsively. He said he had done so because he was not the kind of person who could hold things in, and was angry at the company’s critics.

A person with direct knowledge of the Tesla board’s thinking said some members of the board had been totally blindsided by Mr. Musk’s decision to air his plan on Twitter.
Taking to Twitter impulsively!
I had no idea Elon Musk was such an impulsive guy! Amazing job New York Times exposing this CEO
$TSLA Short sellers were right all along
I’m selling all my calls and stock tomorrow at open and shorting $TSLA with everything I got

Status
Not open for further replies.