Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
they’re clearly trying to destroy
elon and tesla, so why play into their trap and keep giving them more ammo? why let them know it’s actually working? i don’t get it...
what’s the angle he’s playing?

this is absolutely crazy
You know how many cats will roll over, exposing their belly - normally a very submissive action - and then if you actually try to pet their belly, attack?

I wonder if this is Musk's tactic.

Keeping the moderators jumping this morning?

What is really becoming disconcerting to me isn't so much what is happening with the stock price. I expect that with such a disruptive company. I am truly beginning to get morally outraged at the tactics being employed by some people and the obvious negative effect it is having on many people, including myself. I hear it all the time that emotion has no place in the stock market but apparently moral character and humanitarian decency don't either. This is a cesspool of vile, despicable people and I find it remarkable they are able to keep their jobs. As soon as my car is ready for delivery and I need to finalize my financing I will be cashing out. I want no more of this. I realize that is exactly what the shorts want but I am done with all this. I hate watching what it is doing to Elon and others. I feel dirty just reading all this crap.

Dan
Then take a break from here. It will rejuvenate you and you'll be in better shape to fight these liars if you so choose. Notice how these trolls come and go and come back after a couple weeks. Even they can't stand all the BS they spew for too long. Also it would help if people would just ignore them. It just makes it tougher to wade through all the posts, and attention just keeps them spewing out more nonsense.

You know how many cats will roll over, exposing their belly - normally a very submissive action - and then if you actually try to pet their belly, attack?

I wonder if this is Musk's tactic.

i hope, but it isn’t looking good. elon joked about cramer being a contra-indicator years back, but he’s letting them turn him into to one by taking their bait. all for what? this is bullsh!t

I can't read the phony interview article due to the firewall, but I'm seeing around the edges, and it looks like Elon Musk is having his Kanye West moment where he realizes that communists are out to get him and anyone else who is not 100% on board with their agenda, and Elon has to deal with it or perish, by moving out of Hollywood and then stop taking drugs.

By going to the phony interviewers, these are the types of people he got in bed with:

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 7.44.12 AM.png

Last edited:
Sounds reasonable. I've been thinking more about the reasons people are aggressively selling rather than timidly buying. How are the institutional managers going to look if they are selling now, after the CEO states he wants to take the company private and if/when the de-listing happens at $420 (or anything above today's prices)? Shorts adding to positions have to be convinced that Elon is lying about a bid, and the further we get below $420, the more the risk for those shorting today. Retail investors who think it unlikely they'll be able to convert to TSLAP, would have to be quite "weak" longs to be prepared to give up a potential >$100 per share by selling today. I'm struggling the understand the "logic" here.
Manipulation? I wouldn't doubt the Saudi's or other large buyers are also shorting the stock to suppress the price so they can trigger selloffs and buy more at below the $420. It has been a deep dip to start and then a slow rise. This is a guess.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
I agree with you that it is hard reading all this BS. I'm all in with Tesla because it's an emotional and financial investment. I don't waste my time fighting the FUD- the purveyors of this stuff sold their souls long ago. No rational argument will work. Every share purchase I make is one less share to be shorted. I have been in the Tesla choir for over 6 years. I always have time to talk about my car and what Tesla is doing when somebody asks. My first of 2 Model 3s will be delivered in 90 minutes. So far 311 seems to be holding as the low.

I signed up to post about this. Information warfare is being waged against Tesla right now and we're at a big disadvantage compared to the media. The best we can do is let our friends/family/acquaintances know the truth.

I'm not in the market for a new car yet, but should be next year. I'm planning on buying the model 3 and I expect to give out a whole lot of test drives.

If you can buy TSLA, then buy. If you can show off your Tesla vehicle, then show it off. If you can't do either, then fight the FUD in person.

Manipulation? I wouldn't doubt the Saudi's or other large buyers are also shorting the stock to suppress the price so they can trigger selloffs and buy more at below the $420. It has been a deep dip to start and then a slow rise. This is a guess.

Any sniff of news like "the committee has received a proposal from Mr Musk and is studying it" and it will reverse pretty damn quick.

• Disagree
Reactions: eloder and EinSV
Keeping the moderators jumping this morning?

What is really becoming disconcerting to me isn't so much what is happening with the stock price. I expect that with such a disruptive company. I am truly beginning to get morally outraged at the tactics being employed by some people and the obvious negative effect it is having on many people, including myself. I hear it all the time that emotion has no place in the stock market but apparently moral character and humanitarian decency don't either. This is a cesspool of vile, despicable people and I find it remarkable they are able to keep their jobs. As soon as my car is ready for delivery and I need to finalize my financing I will be cashing out. I want no more of this. I realize that is exactly what the shorts want but I am done with all this. I hate watching what it is doing to Elon and others. I feel dirty just reading all this crap.

Dan

Emotions are really bad advisors.

Actually I am quite happy! Not because I am or was a bear but because all information I receive about Tesla is just very good!

Surprised ?

Well thats simple, I consider an information only one if its based on a trusted source that I can validate. All the rest that goes around is blanked out and deleted. Its short terms noise, hearsay and you name it. Just good enough for the garbage bin. It does not matter if this noise has a negative effect on the SP today, next week or next month. Fundamentals always win in the long term.

I read a lot of FUD every day but regard it as of zero relevance for me as a supporter and shareholder to assess my investment or Tesla.

I am not at all born like that but I pushed myself to learn it over time and learning never ends. Investing is hard work on yourself and a not natural behavior for a human. You should buy when you are full of fear and sell when you are overoptimistic.

Humankind learned you better run when you have fear and stay when you feel good. All others got eaten at stone-age with no exception.

Emotions are really bad advisors.

Actually I am quite happy! Not because I am or was a bear but because all information I receive about Tesla is just very good!

Surprised ?

Well thats simple, I consider an information only one if its based on a trusted source that I can validate. All the rest that goes around is blanked out and deleted. Its short terms noise, hearsay and you name it. Just good enough for the garbage bin. It does not matter if this noise has a negative effect on the SP today, next week or next month. Fundamentals always win in the long term.

I read a lot of FUD every day but regard it as of zero relevance for me as a supporter and shareholder to assess my investment or Tesla.

I am not at all born like that but I pushed myself to learn it over time and learning never ends. Investing is hard work on yourself and a not natural behavior for a human. You should buy when you are full of fear and sell when you are overoptimistic.

Humankind learned you better run when you have fear and stay when you feel good. All others got eaten at stone-age with no exception.

Times like this, I worry and think of selling...
Then I think to myself, "If I had dry powder, I would be buying"...
So I do both by doing nothing...

Not an advice

P.S. Oh look, the stock (I didn't sell/buy 10 minutes ago) is already up $4. Yay! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.