Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching the Marques video interview. Musk comes across relaxed, great sense of humor, upbeat and excited for the future.

The exact opposite of the impression from the NYT interview.

So, which do you believe: a filtered account of an interview, or your own eyes?

I have subscribed to the NYT my entire adult life, and have always put them on a pedestal. I could not be more disappointed by their coverage of Tesla and Musk, and not just this week.

Tesla and TSLA’s best days are ahead. It’s the NYT and mainstream journalism that I’m now deeply worried about.

Something integrated specifically for this thread. Don't really need it anywhere else. Or a specific thread for price directions. Oh wait, that's here. Ya it'd be nice to keep track of who is accurate. Like option sniper for example. Curious sunbird is pretty good, but where did he go?
he was run off the other day after the memo came out and he sold his long pos. clearly he was correct, at least as of now. i still believe long term we will be ok price-wise but this is a hell of a message the mkt is sending.

Just finished watching the Marques video interview. Musk comes across relaxed, great sense of humor, upbeat and excited for the future.

I have subscribed to the NYT my entire adult life, and have always put them on a pedestal. I could not be more disappointed by their coverage of Tesla and Musk, and not just this week.

Tesla and TSLA’s best days are ahead. It’s the NYT and mainstream journalism that I’m now deeply worried about.

I'm just glad that he sounded rested. :) Though he looked like he could use a shower!

And I fully agree with your comments re. the Times and current media coverage in general.

Keep your head down, eyes forward, and be prepared. I am a small potato being mashed in between the big guys. I still own 99% of my shares of Tesla, and love driving Xena. My wife is getting comfortable with just one car, but chomping at the bit for a pickup again.
Remember: “when the going gets tough, the tough get going.”
I get a charge out of this stock:)

Reactions: wipster
Keep your head down, eyes forward, and be prepared. I am a small potato being mashed in between the big guys. I still own 99% of my shares of Tesla, and love driving Xena. My wife is getting comfortable with just one car, but chomping at the bit for a pickup again.
Owning Tesla stock and driving a Tesla is VERY,,, polarizing - I Love It!!!!

Reactions: wipster and madodel

Unbelievable. I just watched it now, too. I couldn't agree more about Elon's demeanour.

This was 18 minutes of relaxed Elon. The NYT account is leading us to believe that on the very same day Elon cried for a whole hour on the phone. I am virtually certain that the Times chose to present him in the most negative light possible by omitting what were, probably, 55 minutes of regular interaction, in order to focus on 5 minutes of emotional talk delivered when he decided, in a momentary lapse of reason, that he can trust a NYT reporter.

A simple look at the Twitter account of the main reporter, David Gelles, where he obsessively retweets dozens of times his own article, provides the confirmation that this was a complete hit job. I'm a staunch defender of professional media, but I am so furious that I just canceled my subscription.

Last edited:

Wait until you lick your hands and grab the terminals!

There's also a mixture of envy and hatred for for the successful and things people don't easily understand. I was a nerd in high school. All the popular kids were into sports. Contrast that to my 17 year old grandson, who's teaching himself Python. "I jokingly say I'm the godfather of the nerd mafia in my high school." There's a lot of hope in the younger generation and in some of my old windbreaker set.

There are a lot of factors involved in cultural change. The reaction to incivility at the top is taking politics, for example, more seriously. I can't quantify this but it seems at least in the narrow range of my driving, people seem to more often make way for others to move into merge areas or not block access to a side street while waiting for a red light, etc. Could be where we live. I do remember scaring the hell out of Paris taxis when I just imagined I was fifteen learning to drive in New Jersey.

Elon is letting everyone down by listening to the activists, establishmentarians, Democrats, Communists, and short sellers, who are all the same people, all globalist destructionists. If he knew what was better for Tesla he would have been working with the good people all along, or at least investigated them and seen which way they went and reacted accordingly. Him agreeing with the liars at NYT and with his not-independent "Independent" board member from mob-run Chicago to not say anything is the STUPIDEST thing he's done; he needs to KEEP talking, not shut up and cry like a slave.
Democrats? Communists? Investigate? Slave? You are outdoing yourself.

Have a little faith. He’ll get what’s coming to him in due time.

My understanding of life is that bad people tend to get away with their misdeeds, Karma doesn't work. So he won't get anything coming for him. You need to actively seek revenge for karma to work. example Peter Thiel.

Now that I think about it more. Tesla doesn't need to go private. They need a scary businessman like Tim Cook. The dark side to the light side. I vote for Peter Thiel as COO.

If you are a NYT subscriber you can comment on the recent Elon article. I did. Although that article is slanted and does a disservice to Elon and Tesla, I will not be canceling my subscription. The Times is still one of the best sources of information in a world that needs more information not less. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Status
Not open for further replies.