Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't selling shares on a dip a bad idea?

It's not just selling shares. You're selling shares then converting the free money into leaps. Leaps are more volatile than shares, which makes it a good move.

On another note, it's nice that TSLA has fully recovered from the correction while all the big indexes have not. That'll only push TSLA further up as the other indexes continue to recover.

Reactions: Tenable
It's not just selling shares. You're selling shares then converting the free money into leaps. Leaps are more volatile than shares, which makes it a good move.

On another note, it's nice that TSLA has fully recovered from the correction while all the big indexes have not. That'll only push TSLA further up as the other indexes continue to recover.

Right, but if you sold your shares on the dip, then you must have bought them on the rise, so aren't you selling for a loss? i.e. why even deal with the shares if you buy LEAPs going up and sell them when down? Or is it, if you find yourself in a dip, and have shares, sell them and buy leaps?

No kidding. The Jan19 calls for $400 were up 40% at one point and I was stupid enough to expect this to go higher. Sold them at -60% instead to consolidate into a better place.

LoL, if I see +3.2, I sell as fast as I can. I know it might still go up. but damn homey. You can always roll that over. I dont know if you are a TSLA only guy, you could put money to work on something that hasnt gone up 4% today..haha. I sold NVDA about the same time and bought it back again this after none when it went to hell in a hand basket for some odd reason. I play around 5 stocks and sadly one is TWTR today. I love twitter though, especially laughing at Mark BS's crying all day when the stock is up 4%.

Reactions: Tenable and madodel
I'm thinking the ability for non-owners to configure will be a bigger deal than anyone is discussing at this moment. It can mean a lot of things, most of all the ramp up of production is doing well. I am surprised there has not been an immediate spike in the stock price. Maybe tomorrow we will see the results once the news hits the mainstream outlets.

Wow, the price has climbed enough today that it is out of the Blind Faith Blessed Range of $295-$338. (Just made that up, it is 10% to 30% current BFPT, which historically has generated superior one-year returns.) Over the next 30 days that blessed range will rise to $301-$344, and in 12 months to $376-$425. I like to accumulate in the middle of the blessed range, but that is not advice, just my personal preference.

I'm thinking the ability for non-owners to configure will be a bigger deal than anyone is discussing at this moment. It can mean a lot of things, most of all the ramp up of production is doing well.

I see a lot of people making that argument now... but I think it simply means they ran out of current owners (as seen recently, new S/X buyers getting almost instant access to configure Model 3). I wouldn't read too much into this. But I agree this is a big milestone.

I see a lot of people making that argument now... but I think it simply means they ran out of current owners (as seen recently, new S/X buyers getting almost instant access to configure Model 3). I wouldn't read too much into this. But I agree this is a big milestone.

Umm, I think a well progressing ramp up and 'running out of current owners' are two ideas that go side by side.

I'm thinking the ability for non-owners to configure will be a bigger deal than anyone is discussing at this moment. It can mean a lot of things, most of all the ramp up of production is doing well. I am surprised there has not been an immediate spike in the stock price. Maybe tomorrow we will see the results once the news hits the mainstream outlets.

I think it means they ran out of owners who seem to all want dual motor and P models.

Status
Not open for further replies.