Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading shares: Buy at 335, sell at 340. Wash, rinse, repeat. If it dips again, I’ll buy again.

Core holdings: continue to hold, as always.
Today was my first excursion into day trading. Yesterday, I put in a limit order on 20 shares at $341. Watching it today, it looked like it wasn't going get much above $339. Just a few moments before my order was changed to market the price was $339.25 but it triggered at $339.01. As soon as I could, I placed a new buy order at $334. If it gets even close to that close to that tomorrow, I'll edit to market.
If the trade turns out positive, I'll wash, rinse and repeat. Even if the experiment fails, it wouldn't be a big loss, as at least 50% will be required for my IRA minimum required distribution. Who knows? Before I have to take out the MRD, I may be able to let those 20 shares grow several more shares, so that I can have a few more left after actually executing the MRD.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Today was my first excursion into day trading. Yesterday, I put in a limit order on 20 shares at $341. Watching it today, it looked like it wasn't going get much above $339. Just a few moments before my order was changed to market the price was $339.25 but it triggered at $339.01. As soon as I could, I placed a new buy order at $334. If it gets even close to that close to that tomorrow, I'll edit to market.
If the trade turns out positive, I'll wash, rinse and repeat. Even if the experiment fails, it wouldn't be a big loss, as at least 50% will be required for my IRA minimum required distribution. Who knows? Before I have to take out the MRD, I may be able to let those 20 shares grow several more shares, so that I can have a few more left after actually executing the MRD.
Well it triggered at the limit today for a gain of nearly $90 after fees. If I could do this well just 3 more times, I could have it up to 21 shares.
This a fairly painless way to trade so far.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Funny. Your title says "jumps 250 points" but when you follow it the article title is "drops 100 points". I wonder if they initially posted the wrong article?

Must be CNBC link which is tied to breaking news. When I had earlier posted like just after 2pm, DOW did jump 200 points. Looks like CM(Content Mgmt) used the same link (which is correct thing .. so that the news is no longer stale) ...

:)jk - had you read the post around 2pm it would be correct.... who knows if you try again tomorrow ... it might be correct again :)

Nice work! I bought at 335 on Friday, yesterday, and today. Yesterday, I bought again at 331 when it became clear my 335 purchase had been too early.

With no margin & no time decay, the only potential downside is holding shares bought in the 330s while the SP heads lower. But if it dips, I trust it to bounce back to the 330s or higher in short order. If the SP gets above 360, I may have to reconsider my strategy, but in this range I just don’t see any downside to buying the little daily dips.

That's true at my brokerage, but you'll have to check with yours for their policy.

My brokerage had an intermediary called ProxyVote email my electronic ballot yesterday. I approved Elon's pay plan. Possibly other brokerages, especially outside the US, will be using a different intermediary to send proxy ballots at a later date.

I checked with my Bank,

they have not been aware of any vote but did confirm they are not giving any voter rights away.

After starting an official request to investigate they came back to me about a week later telling me the clearing office did let me know they stocks are at a different location and because they are stored there at Feb 7th they are sorry but I cannot vote.

Not that my vote will make a difference but I wanted every body to know that having a right to vote and being able to as a shareholder is not the same thing....

Pretty angry with my Bank, its BNP Paribas. Unbelievable!

I checked with my Bank,

they have not been aware of any vote but did confirm they are not giving any voter rights away.

After starting an official request to investigate they came back to me about a week later telling me the clearing office did let me know they stocks are at a different location and because they are stored there at Feb 7th they are sorry but I cannot vote.

Not that my vote will make a difference but I wanted every body to know that having a right to vote and being able to as a shareholder is not the same thing....

Pretty angry with my Bank, its BNP Paribas. Unbelievable!
Don't know how things work overseas. I have shares with Vanguard and Fidelity. Voting was easy and painless. They even let you change your vote at any time until the 21.

• Helpful
Reactions: immunogold
Good god that is expensive. Is that par the course for Europe?

Certainly in Belgium - I even moved to this bank as it’s one if the cheapest! Of course trading on the local markets is a lot less.

On the positive side though, in Belgium there’s no capital gains tax on profits from stock market, just a small duty paid on the total trade value at 1-2%

On the positive side though, in Belgium there’s no capital gains tax on profits from stock market, just a small duty paid on the total trade value at 1-2%
That would be nice. We had a 24% capital gains tax in 2017, but now it's been reduced to 23% in 2018.

After selling some TSLA last year, my additional tax bill for 2017 (due in august/september) will be around 30% of my pretax salary... And then there's around 30% income taxes... I really need to watch my finances this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.