Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t seen this FUD mentioned in here. Just saw this on Twitter:

David McGill on Twitter

Claims Elon “lied” to NYT reporters, with alleged “proof” being flight records of Elon’s plane going to Ireland after his brother’s wedding, etc etc.

Shorts having feeding frenzy over this... :rolleyes:

Lied about his whereabouts?

Is the NYT investigating a murder?

I'll warn you, I think there's a real possibility of the go-private price being lowered if the FUD and disinformation manages to keep suppressing the stock price.

Based on my understanding of Elon's psychology, I think he is *hell-bent* on going private. A lower stock price for a long time would give him enough legitimate reason to lower the offer, and the SolarCity offer was lowered from the initial offer. And a lower offer means *less financing needed* and going private more cheaply -- although he does want to treat the people who have to cash out well, his overriding priority will be to go private, and I believe he'll do what it takes.

If I were making the play you're making I'd probably sell $390 puts instead; cashing everyone out above the all-time high would probably satisfy Elon's conscience towards the long-term investors.
Thanks.
My bet is that price doesn't stay this low, it's about direction, sweetened with some time-value premium, it's not about the precise exit price.
Alternatively, I'd be buying calls; this is a bit more defensive version of it.

Good insight From the perspective of a Tesla manager, Peter Villa. As it turns out, Elon’s not the only one lacking sleep.
Replying to @elonmusk and @ariannahuff
Arianna, If Ive learned anything these last few years launching Model X,being in Production and now being in Service as Model 3 is landing, is that in order to advance the world to sustainable energy,our behavior isn’t irrational,it’s almost an operational requirement. (1)

I understand very clearly what you mean about human performance without sleep, I’m an ExArmy Ranger. Yes,fight or flight symptoms kick in.And I also understand how hard it was when my family stayed in Texas and I moved to California without them (2)

to see what I could build for us with this “new” company called Tesla. I only saw my family one weekend a month for 2 years, as I worked incredibly hard to launch Model X. Quite possibly the hardest car to build. But I understood that every single car was a difference. (3)

We as Tesla Leaders have a sense responsibility to our people. And moreover to the planet. And more even to the children of the future. Of all the groups and teams I’ve had the privilege of leading, Tesla employees are the hardest and most rewarding to lead. (4)

Because they’re risking so much on the hopes that someone else’s vision changes. So that we may have a chance for a future. (5)

Being a Leader in this company requires an almost Special Forces mindset. When you’re tired, you feed your team first. When you’re hungry, you hand them a pillow first. When you’re falling behind, you give your team a hand to accomplish the mission. (6)

I’ve been in arduous war conditions, have started many businesses, and survived Cancer. I’m grateful my experience has equipped me to be a leader in the most difficult environment the planet has ever faced: (7)

The revolution that barely any person or any other car manufacturer wants to be a part of. The electric vehicle revolution that Tesla is spearheading. I’m grateful to have a Leader in this fight that is willing to sacrifice like his people and for his people (8).

So as you’re writing a Letter to Elon for his exhaustive work, please also write a Letter to every military General. Because all Elon is doing, is being a Leader. Steering the ship in the best direction possible with the time that he has. And that means, #TeamNoSleep. (Final).

r/teslamotors - Elon’s reply to Ariana Huffington: Ford & Tesla are the only 2 American car companies to avoid bankruptcy. I just got home from the factory. You think this is an option. It is not.

More insights from NYT about the interview. Frankly said, no big deal here and hardly a story. A hard working CEO tells us it is hard work and he pays a personal price for his efforts. So, whats a story? Thats happening every day everywhere....

Midway through our conversation, I asked Mr. Musk if he believed he had turned a corner. Were things about to get better for him?

“The worst is over from a Tesla operational standpoint,” he said. “But from a personal pain standpoint, the worst is yet to come.”

It was a reminder that despite all their efforts to make the public believe otherwise, C.E.O.s have feelings, too.

Interviewing Elon Musk

David McGill on Twitter

Claims Elon “lied” to NYT reporters, with alleged “proof” being flight records of Elon’s plane going to Ireland after his brother’s wedding, etc etc.

This should actually be hugely positive if it is true, as it would suggest that Musk was somewhat exaggerating to the New York Times to make the Model 3 ramp sound like an even bigger achievement, or maybe just to make sure that nobody doubts his commitment. This would mean that he is instead actually much further from being burnt out than he appeared.

David McGill on Twitter

Huh? That shows him arriving at Belfast 4:25 AM, and leaving at 10:45 the same day. Are we to believe that Musk had a secret Irish vacation between 4:25 AM and 10:45 AM? That's called a "stopover". Why did they need a stopover? I don't know, why not ask the pilot? But it clearly wasn't some sort of vacation, like they're trying to make it sound.

Or is the issue that he was at Kimball's wedding for three days? As for the NYT article:

Musk spent the full 24 hours of his 47th birthday at work, "all night — no friends, nothing." Two days later, he was scheduled to be the best man at his brother's wedding in Catalonia, where he managed to arrive only two hours before the ceremony.

Following the wedding, he flew straight back to Tesla headquarters, and told the newspaper that he thought the worst was over when it came to Tesla's production headaches, but from a "personal pain standpoint, the worst is yet to come."

The plane records show that - what do you know - he arrived in Girona two days after his birthday. The NYT article does not state that it was a 1 day wedding, and strongly implies that while Musk felt he had to rush like crazy before the wedding, he "thought the worst was over when it came to Tesla production headaches".

More insights from NYT about the interview. Frankly said, no big deal here and hardly a story. A hard working CEO tells us it is hard work and he pays a personal price for his efforts. So, whats a story? Thats happening every day everywhere....

Midway through our conversation, I asked Mr. Musk if he believed he had turned a corner. Were things about to get better for him?

“The worst is over from a Tesla operational standpoint,” he said. “But from a personal pain standpoint, the worst is yet to come.”

It was a reminder that despite all their efforts to make the public believe otherwise, C.E.O.s have feelings, too.

Interviewing Elon Musk

Well, a fairer article, at least. Not full of "sources say" innuendo (some of which has since proven false), to the degree that aspersions are cast on even whether the board's statement came fro the board.

Is it just me or are there not each talk about the ramp? According to VIN registrations, Bloomberg etc there seems to be a lot of Model 3s being produced. If this is true, Q3 earnings should be pretty decent right? We are at 1000VINs/day for the last 50days, analyst in factory saying 8k/week within reach and nothing to make him doubt >5000/week, Bloomberg guiding 6000/week. Maybe north of 5000 cars/week have been achieved with good margins? People seem to be estimating and Tesla was guiding deliveries of 50-55k cars in Q3 and that is with the backlog. I have a feeling Q3 numbers will be much better than this. Shouldn't we be talking more about the ramp than about contentless NYT articles?

Is it just me or are there not each talk about the ramp? According to VIN registrations, Bloomberg etc there seems to be a lot of Model 3s being produced. If this is true, Q3 earnings should be pretty decent right? We are at 1000VINs/day for the last 50days, analyst in factory saying 8k/week within reach and nothing to make him doubt >5000/week, Bloomberg guiding 6000/week. Maybe north of 5000 cars/week have been achieved with good margins? People seem to be estimating and Tesla was guiding deliveries of 50-55k cars in Q3 and that is with the backlog. I have a feeling Q3 numbers will be much better than this. Shouldn't we be talking more about the ramp than about contentless NYT articles?

1) Yes, we should be.
2) But the broader market isn't talking about that, and that's weighting on the stock price, which is the key focus of this thread.

I agree, I’m getting fatigued from all the attention going towards the NYT, which is irrelevant to Tesla’s production ramp. It appears Tesla is firing on all cylinders and Inside EV #s will likely surpass everything Tesla has ever produced in September. I think Inside EV numbers will come out within 10-12 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.