Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quoted the stock to get too mid 2s a while ago. followed by allot of dislikes. Also said after the original tweet that funding secured could get him in trouble if not true. Followed by more dislikes. I am still waiting to see how this Elon thing pans out. Tesla without Elon isn't the same company at all. For the good or worse we will eventually find out. That is unless Elon is always around. I for one hope he is.

Ok, so thanks for the reminder of what has not happened yet and may not happen. ;)

If Elon doesn’t learn to STFU there will be more people leaving. It’s not about being right, Elon! It’s about focus and not giving shorts ammo to grind your followers/believers down! Personally, im pissed that we’ve lost a long term believer. This was a 2014 member and not a recent investor. I understand losing weaker longs, but this was not one of them. The recent erratic believer is inexcusable, how many more times do we have to watch this? After we’re profitable Elon can run his mouth as much as he wants, but not now damnit, not when you’ve made so many massive mistakes.
Not everyone is upset about Elon’s recent tweets. I’m sure his foot surgeon is doing ok…

In the meantime, it looks like the media will continue their assault on Tesla. And with Elon giving them ammo, it’s hard to see things turning around before the ER. I expect good August sales estimates from InsideEVs in a few days, but I don’t expect the market to notice.
Maybe, but the longest dip Tesla has incurred since 2014 has been 30 trading days, and that's extremely rare. That's about 6 weeks. That covers all ER's, bad news, bad tweets, bad events, crashes, fires, model X ramp, SCTY, everything. Obviously, we could set a new record this time but that's unlikely. The average dip is 13 trading days. I would expect something more like that before we climb again. We are 4 days into this small drop from 8/23. If we ignore the last climb of 13.5% that was suddenly aborted, then we are in the midst of a pretty serious dip from 8/7 that has lasted 16 days. Either way, I personally doubt this dip will continue all the way through September. These trading patterns are pretty consistent.

We all witnessed how reliable were those numbers. After all- he was supposed to lose heavily, wasn't he?
Actually the numbers were quite ok. No different in error than 2016 election - about 2% off. But the problem was it was in the opposite direction and Trump won EC after losing popular vote by 2%.

The Polls Are All Right

This tweet from yesterday Elon Musk on Twitter

Seems even if a suit was filed weeks ago nobody has bothered to inform Elon about it, or have chosen a method that is ineffective, because he clearly didn't think a lawsuit had occurred when he tweeted that.
I haven't seen that a lawsuit has been filed. The letter from August 6 was an offer to settle, and mentioned that one was being prepared, but no claim that one was filed or even drafted. Once filed, it will then need to be served. Once served, then it all begins.

It's not about the ****ing stock!!! It's about moving the world onto sustainable transportation. Re-read the mission statement please.

Well in the bigger picture I wholeheartedly agree. It is my reason for buying and investing. However, I do think we are in a thread called "TSLA Market Action" so I think here it is about the stock.:)

64C45613-6268-4560-8414-79961CEC2F5A.png I’m
Maybe, but the longest dip Tesla has incurred since 2014 has been 30 trading days, and that's extremely rare. That's about 6 weeks. That covers all ER's, bad news, bad tweets, bad events, crashes, fires, model X ramp, SCTY, everything. Obviously, we could set a new record this time but that's unlikely. The average dip is 13 trading days. I would expect something more like that before we climb again. We are 4 days into this small drop from 8/23. If we ignore the last climb of 13.5% that was suddenly aborted, then we are in the midst of a pretty serious dip from 8/7 that has lasted 16 days. Either way, I personally doubt this dip will continue all the way through September. These trading patterns are pretty consistent.
Very well stated
I might add:
Lows since April 2018:
$244.59, 276.50, 275.23, 273.42, 296.22, 292.55, 286.13, 288.20 spanning almost 5 months
Highs during the same period:
$309.50, 306.85, 312.99, 373.73, 364.78, 387.46
SP still in an uptrend
Long term holders selling?
Sentiment bordering on bearish
Possible Rally coming sometime over the next several days to weeks
Also volume trends favorable for longs since April 18 on both daily and weekly charts

Last edited:
Youall realize that while you hang out here and pat each other on the back, Tesla and Elon are getting ravaged on Twitter and not just by Twitter trolls but also Reuters, CNBC, Bloomberg, NYT, pretty much every major news outlet. The reason is that there is no one to counter their trash. They do bad stuff and social media rains down praise while youall are debating KWh/mi. And how many gigafactories Tesla will make

Just take 20 minutes a day and counter some fud on Twitter. Act like there is this machine helping destroy the environment while youall huddle in fear on TMC. I get it, this is a nice comfy place to discuss your favorite thing. It's all safe and happy. But while you waste your time here, there to real damage being done to tesla and it's big oil interest and big auto that are winning and shaping the hearts and minds of those who have not made up their minds.

If you want Elon to stop going all in on shorts and pedophiles on Twitter, then get off your weak arses and get on Twitter and slay some damn trolls. You are wasting your time on TMC. Take 20 minutes and post 20 tweets a day, in about the time it takes you to just do one post on TMC, where 90% agree with 90% of what you say. You might as well be talking to a mirror. And I get it.. it's great when everyone agrees with you, it feels good. And shorts are going to come back at you with some dumb arse sh*t that is going to anger you. But harness that anger, let it focus your intellect and unleash your damn power. Your belief that we are wholesale f*cked without some change. Elon needs our help, he can't fight all the pedos on his own and if the stock price lately is any indication, we must stop the trolls before Elon wakes and picks up his phone.

One last tid bit. We can make a real difference on Twitter that we cannot make here. The wealth of knowledge here is unbelievable and we need to broader audience. Your just talking to a mirror here. Take 20 damn minutes out of your posting on TMC and redirect that energy and intellect to Twitter. It's a horrid place, but you can ignore the responses, because your audiences are those who's minds are still open. Not those that are paid shills or honest shorts what are just so far underwater that they don't now what to do, but make up crap. Counter that crap it it will damage the mission, period.

Youall realize that while you hang out here and pat each other on the back, Tesla and Elon are getting ravaged on Twitter and not just by Twitter trolls but also Reuters, CNBC, Bloomberg, NYT, pretty much every major news outlet. The reason is that there is no one to counter their trash. They do bad stuff and social media rains down praise while youall are debating KWh/mi. And how many gigafactories Tesla will make

Just take 20 minutes a day and counter some fud on Twitter. Act like there is this machine helping destroy the environment while youall huddle in fear on TMC. I get it, this is a nice comfy place to discuss your favorite thing. It's all safe and happy. But while you waste your time here, there to real damage being done to tesla and it's big oil interest and big auto that are winning and shaping the hearts and minds of those who have not made up their minds.

If you want Elon to stop going all in on shorts and pedophiles on Twitter, then get off your weak arses and get on Twitter and slay some damn trolls. You are wasting your time on TMC. Take 20 minutes and post 20 tweets a day, in about the time it takes you to just do one post on TMC, where 90% agree with 90% of what you say. You might as well be talking to a mirror. And I get it.. it's great when everyone agrees with you, it feels good. And shorts are going to come back at you with some dumb arse sh*t that is going to anger you. But harness that anger, let it focus your intellect and unleash your damn power. Your belief that we are wholesale f*cked without some change. Elon needs our help, he can't fight all the pedos on his own and if the stock price lately is any indication, we must stop the trolls before Elon wakes and picks up his phone.

One last tid bit. We can make a real difference on Twitter that we cannot make here. The wealth of knowledge here is unbelievable and we need to broader audience. Your just talking to a mirror here. Take 20 damn minutes out of your posting on TMC and redirect that energy and intellect to Twitter. It's a horrid place, but you can ignore the responses, because your audiences are those who's minds are still open. Not those that are paid shills or honest shorts what are just so far underwater that they don't now what to do, but make up crap. Counter that crap it it will damage the mission, period.
Lol yes Sir!
No one could have said it better
I’m onto Twitter
See you there

If Elon doesn’t learn to STFU there will be more people leaving. It’s not about being right, Elon! It’s about focus and not giving shorts ammo to grind your followers/believers down! Personally, im pissed that we’ve lost a long term believer. This was a 2014 member and not a recent investor. I understand losing weaker longs, but this was not one of them. The recent erratic believer is inexcusable, how many more times do we have to watch this? After we’re profitable Elon can run his mouth as much as he wants, but not now damnit, not when you’ve made so many massive mistakes.

I agree that Elon should use far more discretion in his responses when people say petty things on Twitter, but I am not sure that his behavior will change.

It seems that several of his colleagues have already recommeded that he stop tweeting. He admitted in an interview that he should probably stop. And yet, Elon continues to tweet.

There’s one basic issue at play here: are Elon’s tweets simply a matter of him being too transparently honest about how he feels, or are they a sign of growing mental issues?

Based on last quarter’s conference call, and the Marques Brownlee video interview at the Tesla factory, I do not believe that Elon is having more issues than he has had in recent years. This is simply the way he is.

I don’t like these distracting tweet wars, but I think they are far less important than the trend in production numbers, delivery, and quality. Investors should stay focused, even if Elon appears distracted.

Sold most of my shares today. For many different reasons. Tesla is an awesome company with awesome products. I think it will eventually be successful but many hurdles to still overcome. Management has s spotty record and I have been giving them a benefit of the doubt but I think at this point in my life no reason to take excessive risk. Elon is a visionary.but is unreliable and unpredictable. I doubt that will change. Recent tweet was ridiculous. Thanks for all your advice over the years and best of luck. Peace out.

Makes a ton of sense.
This is unwarranted, self-inflicted volatility and hard to watch. I appreciate you sharing.

It's not about the ****ing stock!!! It's about moving the world onto sustainable transportation. Re-read the mission statement please.
Mission statement requires the company to be successful. You repeatedly forget this in your selfish desire to get your car sooner, and get the full rebate. The mission is not dependent upon you getting your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.