Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The really interesting part today will be to watch a market where shorts will not be able to manipulate. We all are speculating since years what would be without them playing their manipulative games. Today we get that opportunity.

If I understand the SEC rule correctly they are fully excluded from trading today.

Not so. They can only sell at or above the ask price. Which means they cannot depress the price, but can cap the rise. Having said that, only irrational shorts will short today, as they have less tools to manipulate the market.

The smart ones will wait until tomorrow. I expect a fresh batch of FUD around 8am then.

It actually might not. Tesla might only offer AWD with LR; that is a real possibility. They never promised an SR AWD car.
Hardware installation looks trivial, the only problem with after market AWD SR would be necessary software updates for relevant ECU.
If Tesla won't build AWD SR, definitely some companies in Europe will do aftermarket upgrades. Difference in price, weight and relevance of AWD+regen makes a lot of sense in many areas of central and south Europe.

I sense a sort of frustration and a bit of despair in the Tesla camp with all the s*** flying around and the share price and all.

But I also sense that even though the anti-Tesla brigade are in a feeding frenzy, their rhetoric is getting so inane and strident that there is maybe even more desperation and despair on that side. I mean posters like Mike117 (is it?); Hitman and Truthshitter are so infantile and jaundiced that it is almost comical! They remind me of stupid unpopular 7-yr olds in a playground shouting at others.....

It may be that this is the real tipping point for Tesla (and many involved people know it) - get through the next few months well and Tesla will be on an unstoppable roll. So it HAS to be destroyed NOW - if possible.

In their hearts I believe the anti-Tesla forces know that even though they have 'won this battle' but most probably have 'lost the war'.....

It must sicken them to see the negative fall-out form the Rogan interview slowly dissipate into a positive once the wheat is sifted from the chaff - it just makes the naysayers seem even more selective and vindictive - the truth will out.

Not so. They can only sell at or above the ask price. Which means they cannot depress the price, but can cap the rise. Having said that, only irrational shorts will short today, as they have less tools to manipulate the market.

The smart ones will wait until tomorrow. I expect a fresh batch of FUD around 8am then.

Thanks for correcting. Good to know.

I share your expectations about an attack and FUD tomorrow but if papafox is right and we reached the consolidation level Friday they may be powerless against an upbeat momentum that is in my view overdue.

Time will tell ...

There's an old story about Trotsky when he led the Red Army during the Civil War. Apparently a brigade had fled the battlefield. Afterward he had them count off to ten, selected ten of one number, asked them to step forward. Then he had them killed. Later he explained, "having them killed was a lesson for the men. Having to watch this was my punishment."

It is estimated seven million died in the Russian Civil War. We invaded in two places and supported the Whites, of course.
Why the hell is this stuff on the market forum?

Dan

:)
Price+volume.png

Perhaps more progress on GF3 than was though above:

vincent on Twitter

It would be interesting to understand how quick a factory in China can be realistically build..

Europe is very slow based on regulations and to put it simple, countries are democratic (no politics here). China as a clear not democratic country can make quick decisions within a small group and execute quicker.

Looking at the growth plan of Tesla its obvious that a new GF needs to get up and running asap. That GF will include Battery & Pack, Motor and Assembly a.o. so in short all you need. Supply will be done where possible from local suppliers which is also true for base material.

In 2020 a new GF in China would need to start production to support the planned growth. Europe, if decided in 2018 would need about 4-5 years unless there is strong political will and all aspects that can stop those like rare frog's (no joke) or other are taken early in consideration.

Asking all China experts we have here including Vincent is 2 years from building start to production start a realistic expectation?

Reactions: jkirkwood001
In 2020 a new GF in China would need to start production to support the planned growth. Europe, if decided in 2018 would need about 4-5 years unless there is strong political will and all aspects that can stop those like rare frog's (no joke) or other are taken early in consideration.

Asking all China experts we have here including Vincent is 2 years from building start to production start a realistic expectation?

I'm not a China expert. But China has a reputation for business moving very quickly when it has the support of higher-ups. And given how quickly Tesla showed that they can build a GA line... I wouldn't doubt it.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash and cdub
Status
Not open for further replies.