Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact-checkers must have blinders on over there considering the garbage which gets published.
Don't confuse articles with blog posts. There is no editorial review of blog posts. But you will get pulled from blogging if you cannot back up what you write. Writers also do not get paid for blog posts.
People have said the same thing about the bullish articles on Tesla. But as I just said to Winfield, do not confuse blog posts with articles. Blogging has no editorial review unless you are caught telling lies. That can get you banned. Blog posts also do not get paid. Only fact-checked and editorially reviewed articles get paid.

Any reader can challenge an article if you can prove the article to be incorrect. Unfortunately, some bullish articles were recently pulled down by the authors for errors.

Any reader can challenge an article if you can prove the article to be incorrect.
Sure, unless an influential author gets upset about it and has you blocked from commenting on their articles only, as Petersen did with me years ago. He was proven so spectacularly wrong that the ban was lifted, now that he's irrelevant. SA is a cesspool of negativity towards Tesla.

Zaxxon said:
Is 'fact checker' now one of those 'literally also now means figuratively' sort of things?
Write an article for SA and you will find out. You will get several emails from the fact-checking staff before the editors even get to look at the article. That will get you a second set of emails with questions if you are walking a fine line or in a grey area. "Newsy" type articles will get bounced too. You have to have an analytical perspective of the numbers or events affecting the company or stock.

Congratulations. You’re about to be the first person I’ve ever blocked. After the heavy trolling on here, last Friday, almost gave me a heart attack, I’ve decided to start blocking the obvious trolls. I realize there’s a lot of risk with this investment, but I don’t need people making up *sugar* to make me even more paranoid.
Sorry? To whom are you replying?

Dan

Full disclosure ...I have not read or clicked on a SA article in a while. But when I did it was clear as hell a mess of click bait nonsense as it regards Tesla.

Fool me once and all that...they lost me as a viewer for sure.
Same here. Only reason I go to SA anymore is 'cause they have nice single page view transcripts of ER conference calls.

actually only ".editorially reviewed articles get.." published
fact checking is not involved from my reading over the years, and disputing "Facts" gets you banned/sanctioned
"
  • On Jan. 1 2018, we changed how we calculate article payments. details»
  • Editorial review required
  • Can only be published on Seeking Alpha. details»
  • Exclusive articles earn about $72 on average. details»
  • Syndicated to partner sites, quote pages, ticker subscribers and followers"
nothing about facts from their guidelines
You will never get to the editorial review if your article does not get past the fact-checking guys/gals. They are a separate group I have dealt with for some time. It has helped take that job off of the editors who were getting overwhelmed trying to do both functions before.

• Funny
Reactions: Zaxxon and KarenRei
Where have you been? You have to get through the fact-checkers before the editors will even look at your submitted articles. Been that way for a long time.
Congratulations, you’re about to be the first person I’ve ever put on ignore. After the heavy trolling on here, last Friday, almost gave me a heart attack, I’ve decided to start blocking the obvious trolls. I realize there’s a lot of risk with this investment, but I don’t need people making up *sugar* to make me even more paranoid.

Congratulations, you’re about to be the first person I’ve ever put on ignore. After the heavy trolling on here, last Friday, almost gave me a heart attack, I’ve decided to start blocking the obvious trolls. I realize there’s a lot of risk with this investment, but I don’t need people making up *sugar* to make me even more paranoid.
Sorry about the re-post. I thought I forgot to include who I was replying to. Rookie ignorer of trolls move. This is going to be so nice. Hopefully the trolls from last Friday have all been banned. Is @Reality still unbanned?

As an investor (if indeed you are one) you always need to be reading any available information on your stocks or options. At this time I am largely bearish but look forward to becoming bullish when the right circumstances present themselves. That is one of the reasons I follow forums like this and M3OC to understand all facets of Tesla activity, both good and bad.

Burying your head in the sand or ignoring new information will not bode well for your portfolio. There is always some info that is fluff to be ignored or tempered. But a lot of good information is available all over the place. Miss it and you risk getting left behind or out in the cold.

In this period of roller coaster activity on TSLA you need to be watching for indicators to roll with the waves with either put or call options, going long or short the stock (when available). That divides the good investors from the blind gamblers. You think the institutions ever stop analyzing? If they did Fidelity would not have sold 8 million shares over the last 3 quarters. Does not mean they could not be accumulating again now, but they never stop watching.

Out of curiosity, you are a day one reservation without a car yet. What config are you waiting for?

As an investor (if indeed you are one) you always need to be reading any available information on your stocks or options. At this time I am largely bearish but look forward to becoming bullish when the right circumstances present themselves. That is one of the reasons I follow forums like this and M3OC to understand all facets of Tesla activity, both good and bad.

Burying your head in the sand or ignoring new information will not bode well for your portfolio. There is always some info that is fluff to be ignored or tempered. But a lot of good information is available all over the place. Miss it and you risk getting left behind or out in the cold.

In this period of roller coaster activity on TSLA you need to be watching for indicators to roll with the waves with either put or call options, going long or short the stock (when available). That divides the good investors from the blind gamblers. You think the institutions ever stop analyzing? If they did Fidelity would not have sold 8 million shares over the last 3 quarters. Does not mean they could not be accumulating again now, but they never stop watching.

For the record, I don't think you're a troll. I disagree with a lot of you post, but there's a world of difference between you and, for example, that "Mike" we had here the other day that was astroturfing in a half-baked attempt to try to encourage a selloff.

Status
Not open for further replies.