Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, I don't think you're a troll. I disagree with a lot of you post, but there's a world of difference between you and, for example, that "Mike" we had here the other day that was astroturfing in a half-baked attempt to try to encourage a selloff.
Is this a reply to the guy that says SA does fact checking?:rolleyes:

Full disclosure ...I have not read or clicked on a SA article in a while. But when I did it was clear as hell a mess of click bait nonsense as it regards Tesla.

Fool me once and all that...they lost me as a viewer for sure.
Unpilot. If you really felt that way and could document your position you should have challenged the article. That helps everyone keep the system honest. I disagree with a lot of forecasts on SA, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. I think SA does a decent job of publishing both sides. I just have a real problem with the new paywall system, and do not want to be accused of baiting people into subscriptions since many of my articles link to older ones and I can only make 5 older articles free to read at any point in time.

As an investor (if indeed you are one) you always need to be reading any available information on your stocks or options.
This is untrue. There is so much MIS-information from people such as yourself that an investor needs to know what to ignore to increase the signal to noise ratio. Your purpose and those of your kind is to increase the noise.

hmm, maybe

- oversold,

- these tours really did have some very encouraging nuggets, and not just the headline item Tesla to achieve leading $100/kWh battery cell cost this year, says investor after Gigafactory 1 tour

- some investors continuing to move in re Jerome G’s promotion to head Automotive, which is something of a reassurance re Elon having been overstretched

- very very speculative, but, perhaps some SEC investigation results are known by some
On top of oversold condition, it’s really Jerome’s promotion and Shotwell’s statement that Elon is as lucid and capable as ever. These gave me confidence to get back in the game, so I guess other Elon skeptical bulls might think along the same line.

No, TSLA gets clicks so it gets promoted. His blog posts are even worse if you can believe it.
IMHO there are several authors I know of who spend a lot of time on the blogs because their thoughts would not otherwise get published. So keep that in mind when reading the blogs. Best to stick to the articles. One thing Wahlman does well is ferreting out sales figures and those will be in the blogs because SA will not let anyone but their staff publish news items

This is untrue. There is so much MIS-information from people such as yourself that an investor needs to know what to ignore to increase the signal to noise ratio. Your purpose and those of your kind is to increase the noise.
Since you read SA care to point out an article of mine with mis-information? Now is your chance, as you have my undivided attention.

No, TSLA gets clicks so it gets promoted. His blog posts are even worse if you can believe it.

Gish gallop - Wikipedia

now, most of the media from Forbes, WSJ, Fox, to CNBC, NY Times, LA Times, etc., have for some time moved a great deal towards Seeking Alpha realm of this misinformation firehose approach.

Do you have anything directly from Seeking Alpha indicating that they’ve changed their explicit no fact checking policy?
There never has been a "no-fact checking policy". They have been doing it with me since day one. That is why there are so many links in my articles. If you cannot cite the source you cannot use the data to make a point. I have only been challenged once in my time on SA. I gave the chief editor out in CA the link which he edited into my article after the fact. I have never had to retract an article either.

There never has been a "no-fact checking policy". They have been doing it with me since day one. That is why there are so many links in my articles. If you cannot cite the source you cannot use the data to make a point. I have only been challenged once in my time on SA. I gave the chief editor out in CA the link which he edited into my article after the fact. I have never had to retract an article either.

It’s been their explicit policy.

When I found out about it several years ago as an SA contributor, I called IR at Tesla and discussed it with them. Spoke directly to VP of IR at the time. He told me Tesla and their attorneys were well aware of this. He heavily hinted to me that it was their impression that SA did this as a dodge of legal responsibility.

For years I’ve basically viewed SA as a pre-meditated safe haven for misinformation. Coming out of finance, it’s not surprising it’s founders knew there was a massive market opportunity for creating such a safe haven.

see,

Of course, I don’t know that’s why they created SA, but strongly suspect.

strongly suspect same of Business Insider, cofounded and led by Henry Blodget, who,

“Due to his violations of securities laws and subsequent civil trial conviction, Blodget is permanently banned from involvement in the securities industry.[2] Blodget is the CEO of Business Insider.”

Henry Blodget - Wikipedia

and strongly suspect same of street.com, founded by same Jim Cramer as seen in that video pounding the table on the importance of getting your false narratives to be aired through the media. hey, why not just found a media outlet to do this through?

Status
Not open for further replies.