Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tesla-x-dea-plane_resize_md.jpg

Shortsville Times: Covert DEA plane investigating Elon Musk's cannabis consumption wrecked by Tesla Model X - Autopilot to blame?

Tesla investors Mark Spiegel, Jim Chanos and Andrew Left have called for the release of the Q3 Tesla production letter, due in 7 trading days, to be postponed indefinitely until the SEC, DOJ, FBI, CIA and NSA conduct a thorough investigation of the incident.

They have also renewed their calls for Elon Musk's immediate resignation as CEO of Tesla and have offered their expert advice to the Tesla board for the transition period, free of charge.

NASDAQ pre market price action in the European session:
  • NASDAQ futures are up to yesterday's daily high in the trading session, which is bullish
  • Dow futures are up too by about 6 points
  • In low volume trading $TSLA just broke through the $300 price level, with some trades at $301, which is a pretty rare occurrence in the pre-market, as major lines of resistance are rarely breached.

If these trends continue then these are green macro and bullish signs for $TSLA trading today.

To: Boss Short

Frederick our man in Germany called in sick today. As soon as the market opens here I will short a half million shares.

Your Partner In Crime
Chief Editor
Shortsville Times

Anyone providing free sub-$300 buy liquidity at this point is a special kind of dumb: $296 bounced a couple of days and price broke through - why should it have bounced today or tomorrow? Same argument for $300.

I hope I'm not jinxing it! ;)

If the current pre market $TSLA price of $304 is any indication it looks like I haven't jinxed it yet. :D

Fyi if you are concerned about impact of Audi e-Tron on tesla, don't be. Audi e-tron event September 19th on 90 Broadway in San Francisco – first impressions
It'll sell all they can make (though in Europe only for the first year at least), but I'm gobsmacked at how they managed to be inferior to Tesla in trunk & frunk space, layout, control layout, *A/C*, software stability (and Tesla's software isn't that good!), and price. (I expected them to be inferior on charging.) They have a lot of catching up to do.

Wot? No Fire? Unmöglich!

To: Artful Dodger

When astroturfing on Tesla forums you are required to use Americanisms, to give your comments a false air of fake Tesla owner authenticity, and to cover your country of origin!

So the above should be:

"Wot? No Fire? Dang!"​

Grüßi, Boss Man​

Amazing!

I'm wondering how they are able to do that: if 30 cars a day was already "delivery hell", how can they increase that by another factor of 3??
Tesla is clearly still wildly disorganized, but they've made some intelligent moves recently. The 2-day "return if not satisfied" policy takes the "problem deliveries" out of the queue. The main delivery queue can be optimized and a separate group of people can handle the troubleshooting.

To: Boss Short

Frederick our man in Germany called in sick today. As soon as the market opens here I will short a half million shares.

Your Partner In Crime
Chief Editor
Shortsville Times

TO: Boss Short

I have some REALLY REALLY bad news.
I just checked my account and because of our LARGE short position in TLRY I got a margin call.
I won't be able to short a half million shares in TSLA. In fact I will have to buy ONE MILLION TSLA shares to reduce our short position !

Don't worry, we'll make it up after they announce the production numbers on October 2nd. They couldn't have made more than 45,000 cars.

Your Partner In Crime
Chief Editor
Shortsville Times

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.