Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: With all the great news of shipments, has there been any recent update on the change to Tesla's backlog?

Anecdotally, there seems to be a lot of interest in SW Florida (lol: a guy in a BMW chased me down on US41 yesterday morning asking me what I thought of my Tesla. All his buddies (he was 30ish) are telling him to get the 3 and get rid of the BMW).

Turns out, he was en route to the Tesla store in Naples.

I was joking... heck I'd be taking profits too and maybe smoking a blunt with some!
It makes for a good joke, but honestly, Model 3 RWD would be a *superb* smuggling vehicle. There's a cavernous "smuggling compartment" where the front drive unit would go, which isn't visible until you remove the frunk..

I made that same comment when Mobile Service had to take out my frunk liner to replace my driver's side headlight.

Just bought 50 more, almost have a thousand now!

What a ridiculous drop both today and the big drop earlier this week. All the FUD articles now are so unsubstantial. Elon is in a good mood which means deliveries this month are going to be spectacular!

Tesla is going to have a $100b market cap some time in 2019. I have never been so sure about anything in my life. The fundamentals have just two aspects. 1. Is there demand? 2. Can they make margin?

There is lots of evidence of 20-30% average margin on the model 3, and demand is going to be spectacular. Now that Model 3s are in show rooms and being delivered, I bet Tesla has more reservations now than ever! If this data is released on the Q3 earnings call, this should spur a massive share price increase as it shows that the cars themselves are the marketing campaign. There is easy demand for 500,000 Model 3s for the next 5 years without doing anything. And the added visibility of the Model 3 will create demand for a refreshed Model S/X

Look at that drop when the news came out that the Model 3 got a perfect score from NHTSA! The stock market makes so much sense!

3 cars, 3 perfect scores. Sell sell sell!

Leave it to Claudia Assis to figure the spin on such unequivocally good news.

"Tesla Inc.'s TSLA, -0.61% 2018 Model 3 has earned a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. NHTSA bestowed the sedan five stars each in frontal crash, side crash, and rollover resistance scenarios."

That is brief and to the point. Nothing to compare it to competitors or otherwise add value to her reporting of it, but it is accurate and honest.

"Shares of Tesla extended gains on Thursday, up 0.2% to bring the weekly advance to 1.3% so far. The stock has lost 4% this year, versus advances of 9% and 8% for the S&P 500 index SPX, +0.59% and the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +0.85%"

Ah, here we go, the information the reader needs to know about the M3's stellar safety report: $TSLA is down while the index is up.

That's it, that's all she wrote.

Classic news nullification. Great, important positive news comes out. Instantly nullify it with a stupid negative story.

What boggles my mind is that Mr. Market thinks some OSHA investigation about a worker losing a finger is more fundamentally important to the company than the 5-star rating across the board.

This company is under such a microscope that the dumbest sh*t gets amplified into doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.