Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the eye of the hurricane. The shorts are undoubtedly saving all their ordnance for next week. They probably have a lot of new FUD ready to dump exactly when Tesla announces Q3 sales figures. I also expect news about pedo guy's lawsuit to also coincide with a massive FUD bombing next week.

Get your bomb shelters ready, because next week the short FUD goes Nuclear.
I would be completely shocked if positive Q3 sales figures are announced without a FUD flood of biblical proportions.

However as a "Long" I only need to sing along with Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry". These lyrics are especially on point.

"We dance and sing, in the end we haven't told you a thing. We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry."

You see I prefer it being a walled-garden. I like the fact that it's super-stable and the software highly integrated with the hardware. I love it that all my kids have iPhone and Mac, and Apple Watches - it all works together, never problems. This for me is the big advantage and it's very analogous to what Tesla is building.

And I'm yet to plug a cable into my new iPhone or ope iTunes, everything, including the charging is wireless. And yes, I know, Android already had that 5 years back...
If I get myself locked out of my Telsa I won't need to download iTunes to get it working like I have to do with m Ipad. ;)

Ruth's Chris all the way baby.

Ruths-Chris-Social-Media-969x709.jpg

It was MS P85D in those days, but of course I'm the only dad at school (that we know of) with a Tesla, so that puts me in a kind of demi-god scenario with the other kids. And in the early days I'd take them all for some acceleration testing when I picked up my kids form birthday parties... Sorry, this is very OT - I'll have that @Off Shore dude on my back again...
]
Not OT at all. You're demonstrating manipulation of the "future" market. :D

Apple: Overpriced and inferior to the competition:

upload_2018-9-25_19-33-8.png

tmp36.png

Tesla: Underpriced and superior to the competition:
327.jpg

Again... let's not have Tesla become an Apple ;) I have no issue with them becoming an Apple with respect to being a trendsetter, vertically integrated with an ecosystem, controlling a large chunk of the market, etc etc. But I don't ever want to see them turn into a company that makes products that people buy "just because they're Tesla". I want them to be selling cars because they're really dang good. :)

14000 years ago the pacific was 350 feet lower than today and I could walk from Lahina to Lanai’i. People weren’t responsible for that. Nature was.

I would like to add, that if people are (so) able to terraform Mars, I wouldn't existentially worry too much about the habitability of earth. It's just that it might cost some (more people and money) if not done the optimal way.

Kimbal talking Tesla again.....

Not sure if that has been posted before. Watch after 4:50.

Once again he is great with PR and Tesla should use that skill more often.

It's sort of weird to say, but... the one that wears a cowboy hat everywhere he goes comes across is the "normal one" among the Musk siblings ;) Really, though, he has a nice calming atmosphere about everything he says. He's not particularly "exciting to the base", like Elon is, but I think he's a lot more relatable to reporters and Wall Street types. Elon always comes across like he just arrived from another planet and is simply doing his best to mimic human social customs for our benefit.

View attachment 338089
View attachment 338091

327.jpg

Again... let's not have Tesla become an Apple ;) I have no issue with them becoming an Apple with respect to being a trendsetter, vertically integrated with an ecosystem, controlling a large chunk of the market, etc etc. But I don't ever want to see them turn into a company that makes products that people buy "just because they're Tesla". I want them to be selling cars because they're really dang good. :)

Apple used to innovate, but since Jobs died they've been living off his vision and products that they've continually improved. The net result of that is a superb ecosystem, as you mention, coupled with super usability, stability and integration of software and hardware across multiple devices. As I'm tech support for family, you cannot imagine how great this is. Now maybe the camera on a few Android phones is better, but I don't care, I'm never, ever going to buy an Android phone, because Apple is better in every respect for the whole experience.

My TV has Android TV OS - the GUI is a p.o.s. I had a set-top box based on Android, it was another p.o.s. - so bad that I just binned it, bought an Apple TV 4K, which was up-and-running in 5 minutes. I'm forced to use a W10 laptop at work, it's horrible - at home we all have MacBook Pros, once again, the user-experience is on another level.

Now Tesla are still innovating, massively, and growing, but they do already have this hw/sw integration that no other manufacturer comes close to. They already have this wonderful Supercharger experience, again, this is unique. They need to work a bit still on quality and keeping that while scaling and integrating more/

This is the comparison I make with Apple.

(but I'll also say that the iPhone Xs is a work of art and the build-quality is beyond anything I've seen before).

View attachment 338089
View attachment 338091

327.jpg

There’s no need for all or nothing. Tesla doesn’t have to become Apple in every respect.

Despite not being the “best” Apple is the most user friendly. I bet an Apple Watch key with iOS running on the Tesla pad would be a completely frictionless experience.

Well, they tried to knock it down, but it keeps getting up again!

Having a hard time getting past the hat !!! It's like 7 sizes too big !!!!!

I like the hat - maybe Elon should get some kind of hat too, adds some character.

Maybe a fez or a turban, that would freak-out WS, or maybe he'd be labelled for cultural appropriation...?

(but I'll also say that the iPhone Xs is a work of art and the build-quality is beyond anything I've seen before).

How are its panel gaps? ;)

Again, I can't comment about the Apple ecosytem as I use Android (and am extremely happy with it); I can only comment on objectively visible things (like the camera comparison). That said, I really don't see how the iPhone X is "a work of art". I mean, this comes across as a work of art to you?

wvntfdaqvmza9drnqoyg.jpg

Compared to this?
Sony-Xperia-XZ2-Premium-AH-NS-Review-1600x1067.jpg

iPhone X just looks.. dated. But I guess looks are more subjective than, say, photo comparisons.

But I understand where you're coming from about getting people hooked on an ecosystem. I do think Tesla has a lot further to go with its ecosystem - for example, their music selection options in the Model 3 are subpar at present. Which actually brings up something I was thinking about this morning... I hope that when people interact with Slacker Radio, that Tesla records the likes and dislikes so that they can collect the user data as well, rather than just Slacker collecting it. So if Tesla ever launches its own music streaming service, they'd already have their users' likes and dislikes onhand. :)

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash
Status
Not open for further replies.