Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are leaving out key details of the agreement. You are also thinking too small. There are reasons for his actions as stated here.

Tesla’s Elon Musk Had a Deal From the S.E.C. It Fell Apart in a Morning.

That statute contains language about misleading investors. Mr. Musk’s lawyers wanted the commission to change its claim to say he was merely negligent in his statement, according to a person familiar with the details of the negotiations.

Mr. Musk was concerned about what those terms might mean for his other businesses, SpaceX and the Boring Company. He was worried the agreement could jeopardize those companies’ ability to continue working for the government, the person said.”
Case in point:
"jeopardize those companies’ ability to continue working for the government"
Don't forget, Who - runs this little blue marble.
If Musk has value and he does, where there is a will, there's a way.
We are witnessing a massive transfer of wealth.

I see it as a thinly veiled attempt by short interest groups to gain control of Tesla from the top. They have tried to do it from a stock shorting position and that didn't work & hasn't pulled the wool over Tesla fans eyes.
Then they tried, out & out blatant lies about Elon's character and mental state. Now, with the help of our own laws (very much distorted & badly applied) they are going to cripple Elon's ability to run and control the very thing that is dear to him.
And since there is a huge Tesla fan base, consisting of some of the smartest minds known to man, spanning across all walks of life, I feel it's time we pull out all the stops and Help the man, Help the company that is building what we espouse our faiths to be based on.
Freedom from crappy cars, freedom from boiler plate sales, freedom from hostage holding businesses that don't share our want of a better world.
Keep in mind, don't do as the shorts do, by resorting to lies and innuendos. Be factual, Be consistent, Be as determined to get what Elon feels we deserve - A better World, A Better Reach to the Stars
Wow..Where to start. First of all the shorts have no interest in gaining control of Tesla. They have an interest in Tesla stock going to $1 per share. Thats it. Its purely the quest for a huge payoff. And those laws which you claim are distorted and badly applied are actually being applied in the exact way they were meant to be used. To prevent CEO's from manipulating their stock prices by making fabrications to investors. The only reason our market systems work is because of these laws. If investors cannot be sure information from the company is accurate when they make their investment decisions, they stop investing and the whole system would collapse. And finally the smartest minds known to man are not all at Tesla. And the few who were have mostly left the company.

Wow..Where to start. First of all the shorts have no interest in gaining control of Tesla. They have an interest in Tesla stock going to $1 per share. Thats it. Its purely the quest for a huge payoff. And those laws which you claim are distorted and badly applied are actually being applied in the exact way they were meant to be used. To prevent CEO's from manipulating their stock prices by making fabrications to investors. The only reason our market systems work is because of these laws. If investors cannot be sure information from the company is accurate when they make their investment decisions, they stop investing and the whole system would collapse. And finally the smartest minds known to man are not all at Tesla. And the few who were have mostly left the company.
Wow, that was a load of total nonsense.

I've been saying all along that I believe Elon and Saudi's had a verbal agreement (which IS binding) and essentially gave Elon carte blanche within reason (even the complaint alludes to that)...

.. this just in..
Elon Musk believed he had verbal deal with Saudis to take Tesla private

Musk believes the SEC’s effort is flawed in assuming that a written agreement and fixed price were necessary for a deal, the person said. Musk also thinks regulators aren’t taking into account that Middle Eastern businesses routinely operate using verbal agreements in principle, the person said

Last edited:
Some weak people will leave no doubt. Not necessarily a bad thing. Weed them out to replace. Mark Cuban fought the SEC and won. Elon got the same lawyer. If Elon wins, this will be huge. Place your bets.
Mark Cuban dragged his case out for 6 years before winning. Do we really want to put up with this nonsense for 6 years?

Do you know what that share price is?
I've heard Chanos went short really big in the 250 range. Rumors only, naturally. No one knows for sure except Chanos himself.

I've been saying all along that I believe Elon and Saudi's had a verbal agreement (which IS binding) and essentially gave Elon carte blanche within reason (even the complaint alludes to that)...

.. this just in..
Elon Musk believed he had verbal deal with Saudis to take Tesla private

Musk believes the SEC’s effort is flawed in assuming that a written agreement and fixed price were necessary for a deal, the person said. Musk also thinks regulators aren’t taking into account that Middle Eastern businesses routinely operate using verbal agreements in principle, the person said
What the complaint conveniently leaves out, but the but the NYT article highlights is, the Saudis started buying. FT said that day they accumulated 5%.

When the jury hears that, I'd like to look at the face of the the SEC attorney who tries to explain that away. How much more intent do you want?

You think no more downside?
I think we should expect the SP to go up and down dramatically, unexpectedly.

There are so many small and big things that can move the SP quite a bit. Apparently DOJ is looking into this as well - they may file a criminal charge. Then there are all these investment firms that can downgrade TSLA whenever they want. Then we have delivery numbers & earnings. There could be all kinds of small and big things that happen in this SEC case. Its going to be a wild ride.

Enough is enough. Musk's refusal to settle is bewildering, and hurts many people.
I hope he gets kicked out of the CEO role, even if that hurts me even more financially.
Tesla will do fine with him as a Chief Product guy, and with his ownership stake, he could get done whatever needs to get done anyhow, without being CEO.

*I haven't been able to read last two days because of travelling, but what I've seen, makes me think that it's only extremists left on this thread, moderates are gone. So I'm unlikely to be responding to avalanche of criticism and explanations 'how weak I am', that I'm likely to get.

Mark Cuban dragged his case out for 6 years before winning. Do we really want to put up with this nonsense for 6 years?

I've heard Chanos went short really big in the 250 range. Rumors only, naturally. No one knows for sure except Chanos himself.

Most definitely, the longer the better. During which time we will see occasional buying opportunities but they won't hide the fact that Tesla is making profit hand over fist. We will see first batch of semi platoons, model y already made the killing, new roadster ... By that time when they argue on the court about the 420 price the jury would be like I wish I can buy at that price.

Enough is enough. Musk's refusal to settle is bewildering, and hurts many people.
I hope he gets kicked out of the CEO role, even if that hurts me even more financially.
Tesla will do fine with him as a Chief Product guy, and with his ownership stake, he could get done whatever needs to get done anyhow, without being CEO.

*I haven't been able to read last two days because of travelling, but what I've seen, makes me think that it's only extremists left on this thread, moderates are gone. So I'm unlikely to be responding to avalanche of criticism and explanations 'how weak I am', that I'm likely to get.
Read the NYT article up thread. That's the best report I have read so far.

Musk agreed to settle, but wanted to change the wording from fraud to recklessness. That was a no go for SEC.

He could not jeopardize SpaceX and it's business contracts. The SEC case is incredibly weak. Also listen to the YouTube video from cnbc, with an ex SEC attorney. I am thinking it's going to be a slam dunk for Elon's attorneys.

Meh.

Sorry, you were looking for an angry response? All you did was express an opinion. Nothing wrong with that. I prefer him not to get kicked out - I prefer him to win. And I can see many very important reasons for not accepting the settlement (admission of wrongdoing affecting government business and opening up the door to lawsuits, for example - or for a personal level to him, messing over his ability to gain his compensation package that he's been working towards. Or just the simple "not wanting to plead to an illegal action that you genuinely feel you didn't commit).

But you're entitled to your own differing view. Again... nothing wrong with that. :) If you were hoping to start a fight with that comment.. sorry, all you get is "meh" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.