Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine . . .

After all we've been through, on Monday morning, Elon tweets, "Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured."

Imagine this time the board had fully vetted and approved the tweet beforehand, and they verified that Elon truly has the funding completely-effing-secured, multiple times over even. And they're ready to take the company private immediately at $420.

Wall Street's heads would explode. The shorts' heads would explode. The SEC's heads would explode. The media's heads would explode.

In a way, it would be glorious. :)

I am risking to be featured in bag-holder-quote to post this:

Wondering anyone planing to start a kickstarter to fund some of the SEC fine for Elon?

I know it's almost laughable to give money to him as he most likely has more cash than most of us here.
But, he really did a favor for shareholders to settle the SEC case, really don't know what would happen if he drag the case for years for his pride, which I think he has every right to do.

Another factor seems most people have not appreciated for is:
Over the past few months, his `erratic` behavior had made sure Tesla was on the front page of every news site almost every day.(It all started right after the 5k production hell, you remember?)
Also, he made sure all the ones who attack Tesla for whatever reason will focus on attacking him personally, hence forgot to attack the product(Model 3).
I almost feel he took a bullet for the success of Model 3.

Maybe I could just buy some Tesla Merch to help him get his 12% stock options sooner? Anyone know what has the fattest margin?

Imagine . . .

After all we've been through, on Monday morning, Elon tweets, "Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured."

Imagine this time the board had fully vetted and approved the tweet beforehand, and they verified that Elon truly has the funding completely-effing-secured, multiple times over even. And they're ready to take the company private immediately at $420.

Wall Street's heads would explode. The shorts' heads would explode. The SEC's heads would explode. The media's heads would explode.

In a way, it would be glorious. :)
I don't want Tesla to go private anymore now that we are all certain that there would be no way that most of us could stay invested in the company.

"The current government attack on elon musk verges on insane. He is one of the most creative, innovative geniuses of our time. The petty bureaucrats should leave him alone. They would have destroyed henry ford, edison , gates or jobs. Let him alone!" - Newt Gingrich.

- Never a fan of this guy, but totally agree with what he said on Twitter. I would say shorts are using the government to destroy Tesla, so far the strategy has been working, look how many government agencies are investigating Tesla. It's so sad.

In all seriousness, would those of us who purchased stock in July in the anticipation of a big spike whether they went private or not have a claim? The way the world/wall street/government works I doubt it, but also asking for a friend.

(Besides, any nickel I can keep out of the hands of those @$$h0le$ is one I will cherish!)

Wont that make you a Short technically.... LOL

Wondering anyone planing to start a kickstarter to fund some of the SEC fine for Elon?
He can afford the $1,000 fine (what $20,000,000 is to him); essentially less than the cost of a +2MPH speeding infraction for most people (in California).

I know it's almost laughable to give money to him as he most likely has more cash than most of us here.
But, he really did a favor for shareholders to settle the SEC case, really don't know what would happen if he drag the case for years for his pride, which I think he has every right to do.
I agree that Elon could have and should have won. It shows how partial SEC is to siding with partisan anti-Tesla forces.
Over the past few months, his `erratic` behavior had made sure Tesla was on the front page of every news site almost every day.(It all started right after the 5k production hell, you remember?)
Also, he made sure all the ones who attack Tesla for whatever reason will focus on attacking him personally, hence forgot to attack the product(Model 3).
I agree. Elon has kept the focus and blame on himself rather than the product, much like Trump does. Elon has kept the brand in the news, much like Trump does. However, the Model 3 sells itself because it's so much better than Model S; in this case, I wonder what would have happened if Elon hadn't been selling the brand so much using this style as you point out.

"The current government attack on elon musk verges on insane. He is one of the most creative, innovative geniuses of our time. The petty bureaucrats should leave him alone. They would have destroyed henry ford, edison , gates or jobs. Let him alone!" - Newt Gingrich.

- Never a fan of this guy, but totally agree with what he said on Twitter. I would say shorts are using the government to destroy Tesla, so far the strategy has been working, look how many government agencies are investigating Tesla. It's so sad.
SEC got backfired pretty hard with this lawsuit. No wonder they had to agree to a quick settlement. Petty SEC indeed, this guy is on point.
Does anyone think SEC had good intention?

I almost feel he took a bullet for the success of Model 3.
Cute, but.......the success of the M3 can stand on its own. It's freaking amazing.
His erratic behavior has also:
Drove away great company talent
And possibly driven away institutional dollars with them
Initiated unnecessary lawsuits and distractions
Freaked out key suppliers
Given rise to questioned management reputation and credibility
Caused WTF with regulated core credit providers
And created immense internal chaos for those needing to sweep up behind him and appear business as usual during this most critical quarter end.

I admire the heck out the guy, but my Kickstarter dollars will go to the next young Elon Musk trying to catch a break. In fact, he should do the same and become a mentor. It'll change his view of accountability and allow his products to bask in their own success.

I don't want Tesla to go private anymore now that we are all certain that there would be no way that most of us could stay invested in the company.
I'd rather they go private if it helps accelerate clean air and clean energy. Their offer to their stockholders including me was fair at $420.

Having said that, as a public company, their Model 3 success should help them become profitable and finally pay their own way enough (with any appropriate amount of further lending) to get out Model Y, Semi, Semi MegaCharger, MegaCharger solar farms, Pickup, Roadster, PowerWall 2 ramp up, Solar Roof ramp up, PowerPack ramp up, GigaFactories 2, 3, 4, 5, and any other integral products necessary. Public vs. private is a strategy; the outcome will still be that Tesla can achieve those things, however, the total market share and style will probably still be fluid as the questions of timing (pace of innovation), how profitable, and how much loan funding, and engineering and management labor are fluid.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZRI11
In all seriousness, if asked, I would serve on the Board of Tesla. I would even break my longstanding prohibition on airplane travel for Tesla business. I did identify several of Tesla's major risk factors and problems long before Musk, and my pessimistic risk-identification habits would be a good counterbalance to Musk's eternal optimism. I already own stock so they wouldn't need to bribe me with free stock. I would qualify as an independent board member. I have no conflicts of interest and no distracting outside jobs.

They have my phone number. I am not expecting a call, though.;) ;-)

If they could get someone with similar risk factor identification skills (hard... My talent is unusual apparently) it would be good.
There's a lot of smart people out there, but you seem like you would be valuable in that capacity regardless.

(Then again, you loathe a few of my opinions and I think I would be a fine board member, too, so there's a built in incongruity there. I doubt it extends to my opinion of your ability to be a board member.)

Okay, I should be embarrassed by my ignorance, but what role does Chairman of the Board really play?
Good question.

When I run through the current board members with some of their dirty political backgrounds, I think about how much power a Chairman would have to give balance against their evil, to keep the company working on company goals rather than political goals of outsiders ("independent" board members that sit on many company board of directors that probably don't have Tesla's goals or Tesla's future in their interest or their votes). A chairman, using gentle, constant pushes, of the likes infiltrating politicians are practiced at doing, could easily push the company to ruin if they want to (or conversely, keep it from that, or even continue to propel optimum quality for the company in all things that enable its success). The SEC appointing a political person to Chairman would be like poisoning Tesla with a toxic chemical to kill it. The only question left would be how to cure them of the illness and what toxins they brought with them.

In a way, it's what happened to GM and the other bankrupt car company (not Ford; what was it?): they allowed politics to run and ruin their companies.

Reactions: wipster
Reactions: AZRI11
Status
Not open for further replies.