Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning - Off-topic Weekend:

MLRS? Paladin? (I was a mud gunner, too ;)) Yakima?

MLRS ~ first battery in Europe summer of 1983. Later as battalion S-3, fielded second MLRS battalion in Europe. Apparently I pee’d off some Major coming out of CGSC because the commander of the European theater put me, mid-grade captain, in the 3 slot. Maybe with all those threes, I am destined to buy a Model 3:)

Paladin, replaced Lance missiles right? I was eyeing the program, but resigned so my wife could become all she could be, and tried to save my son. He did not make it:-( My wife went onto become “the” state landscape architect for Washington DOT. Our daughter is one of the states leading special education teachers and premier bargaining negotiators. The reason why our daughter does so well as a special education teacher is her experience watching me as her father as she grew up:)

Yakima ~ no. After I retired a friend of mine went on to command out there. Damned rattle snakes out there! As a second lieutenant, my platoon sergeant (Lance missile) saved my bacon when he returned to a water moccasin in a tree looking over his next victim at fort sill, ok.

Looking for a rebound, and still digging through (thru) all this horse poo for higher stock price/recovery:) Had to toss that in so not be too off-topic:)

Thanks for volunteering!

Any estimation of approx. how many total units were delivered today @ Fremont Delivery Center (not counting "home delivery" which is called "Tesla Direct" and is running out of Kato Road where Fremont Service Center used to be)?

When I was there taking delivery of a 3 Friday night, I overheard one employee tell another they expected to deliver ~450 units just at that one location on Sat.
I didn't put any effort into quantification, because I didn't think it was my place as a volunteer, nor a good measure of total numbers. I heard a similar rumor about 450 today from another volunteer, but when I heard it, I thought I misheard it. I was spending most my time trying to be helpful, and the balance of my time talking to other volunteers, so I had a good time. The number of Tesla cars there was astounding, to say the least; the area was awash in them. I don't know for what purpose each car had except for the three showroom models and the few I saw get delivered, plus I know a few people drove their own Model 3's there to be volunteers.

I was really happy with how nice the cars are in person; I can't wait to own a Tesla again. (3, Y, or X, next time. Definitely long range and dual motor.)

I personally think home delivery is a great idea if it works out; it fixes all the problems of how you get home, how you get to the delivery center, being stuck at the delivery center while the Tesla employees do paperwork (instead you can do something useful at home), etc. I think the biggest problem with home delivery is that people might get stuck at home with their new car and not know how to drive it, but the solution to that is requiring delivery people to offer a test drive around the block, or the new owners can simply drive their old car while they call customer service to resolve the issues.

Ok, I'll throw some silly tiny-sample-size out there: I ended up seeing a lot more Model X's and Model S's delivered today than I had expected. I talked to another volunteer about this, and they said that for the rest of the week that he had volunteered that the delivery center had been delivering a lot of Model 3's. Also, of the three Model 3's I heard about being delivered (one I witnessed myself), two were performance models and one was a Dual Motor, so not even a single RWD of the ones I heard about being delivered. Maybe the people that pick up on Saturday have jobs during the week that they simply can't be away from for a car delivery experience.

Do you realize what would really move the SP on Oct 31?

During the Q3 EC, Tesla announces GF5 for Neom, KSA and 100% funded by local debt (PIF). Factory output optimized for powerwall/powerpack production, solar panels, and solar roof. Export markets Mid-East/Asia/Pacific.

"Personally, I give us one chance in three." -- Marco Ramius​

It would be really cool if Tesla struck a deal w/ the Kingdom to convert their entire country to solar via Solar City. Probably too sandy and dusty there though for mass solar.

Dear Elon,
why don't you at least think of moving Tesla HQ outside of USA and just producing there like others?
Wall street and SEC are corrupt and defending the old fashioned world.
They are slowing down your efforts for sustainability.
Don't invest anymore in USA.
(...or California has to become an independent State with own rules and own financeworld)

Just so disappointed in how this is all turning out. Wall Streeters have been out for blood ever since they were snubbed on the last earnings call, and Elon’s figurative “F You” by saying he didn’t need them for a capital raise. So who are the harmed investors? I’m guessing SEC will say it’s only the shorts. Us longs were only harmed when the SEC announced their (frivolous in my opinion) lawsuit. So $40M goes to those who wanted Tesla to fail, and $0 to those of us who have believed in Tesla and invested in the company but lost 13% in stock value after the SEC lawsuit announcement. I used to think short sellers weren’t that big of a deal until I read this excellent post by jesselivenomore
Elon Musk vs. Short sellers (and eventually Matt Tiabbi’s whole book The Divide )

Unbelievable what Wall Street traders get away with.

Having said that, giving up the Chairmanship doesn’t seem like that big of a deal. For example, Tim Cook is not the Chairman of Apple, only CEO. Arthur Levinson is Chairman.

Considering how small the amount is in comparison with Tesla's market cap I will consider my (paper) loss from buying on the 420-tweet to be compensated by the SEC when they caused the SP to drop Friday, giving me the opportunity to increase my number of shares.

I am kind of shy and nerdy and don't really know many women.

And my usual opening line never gets me very far.

But maybe I should give it one more try:

"Do you ever think about liquid propellant rockets?"

Man this is way off-topic (maybe we need a Tesla singles thread?) but my heart doesn't let me NOT help people when and how I can.

Unless you are a short. You can chew the hot 2 gauge wire going to my HPWC while I pee on you.

1.) Get nice clothes as the clothes make the man.
2.) Get confident. The 99th rejection is nowhere near as painful as the 1st one.
3.) Bring wingmen and wingwomen to force you out of comfort zones.

Good luck. :)

Not currently single but I think I will be when my wife finds out that $35,000 Model 3's don't have white seats nor hit 0-60 in 3.5 seconds..

Took a quick gander at an article from The Street which I knew would be a short crying. Sure enough it was. It does give me a good laugh because it falls right into what we expected. The DOJ is coming for their heads!!! RUN! You know just like the SEC did.

The last bit is really all you need to read. The rest isn't worth your time, "In summary, while this pathetic settlement from the SEC will likely cause Tesla stock to rally on Monday-Tuesday, this may be a short-lived surge. The problems remain, and crocodiles such as the DOJ may still linger in the Bel Air mansion's multiple swimming pools."

"At the time of submitting this article for publication, the author was short TSLA. However, positions can change at any time"

Why the SEC's current settlement is a mere slap on the write for the executive and Tesla alike

I personally think home delivery is a great idea if it works out; it fixes all the problems of how you get home, how you get to the delivery center, being stuck at the delivery center while the Tesla employees do paperwork (instead you can do something useful at home), etc. I think the biggest problem with home delivery is that people might get stuck at home with their new car and not know how to drive it, but the solution to that is requiring delivery people to offer a test drive around the block, or the new owners can simply drive their old car while they call customer service to resolve the issues.

Agree "Tesla Direct" (home delivery) is a great idea, but in practice they are not executing it properly in many cases.

I saw a copy of the "Tesla Direct - Courier Checklist" somebody left on the table next to the water filter at Kato Road Friday night when I was directed there to hydrate. Part of it reads:

"The goal of the customer handoff is to provide your customer with the information that they need to get on the road and start enjoying their new Tesla in 5 minutes or less!" [emphasis mine]

Obviously, no time to let the customer drive around the block, or do any kind of proper hand-off to a customer who has never owned a Tesla before, IMHO. (In my case, I never received any "confirmation call" and my "courier" never showed up, so I went to Fremont Delivery Center (FDC) and they VIN-matched an inventory car for me. I needed to get a 3 by 9/30 so I could return my 2016 Model X P90D 6 months early on Tesla's dime.)

In 5 minutes, the courier is supposed to:
  1. Collect signatures.
  2. Collect payment.
  3. Handoff vehicle - verify they have all keys.
  4. Give pointer to resources, e.g. owner's manual, tech support line.
  5. Pack-up completed paperwork and verify all signatures are there.
  6. Verify trade-in VIN matches, if any.
I also saw a Tesla Direct Hotline 510-602-#### on this checklist, but I better not publish it since it is an internal #.

"Customer Handoff" is basically defined as:
  1. show stuff in charging bag.
  2. how to open/close charge port.
  3. how to get into your vehicle.
  4. turn on the car.
  5. select a gear.
  6. activate autopilot if they have EAP.
  7. turn off the car.
  8. Ask them "are you okay driving the car now?"
  9. Here's where to find the manual.
  10. Say "thank you" and catch an Uber back to the "Tesla Direct" delivery center.
That's it. Nothing about setting your charging levels, auto-charge at 11pm, etc.

Personally, if it was my first Tesla, I would not be happy with this minimal "delivery experience" after paying a lot of $$$ for the car.

Last night, I couldn't care less at Fremont Deliver Center, where I was told I knew more about the 3 then my advisors did. Of maybe they were trained to say that to anybody who seems knowledgeable so they don't waste the Delivery Advisor's time asking questions? :cool:

e.g.:

DA: "Have you had a chance to test drive a Model 3 Performance?"

customer: "Yes, at Palo Alto HQ."

DA: "Great! So you already know how to drive the car. All you need to do now is sign this paperwork and you'll be on your way to enjoy your new Model 3!" :cool:

That’s pure unadulterated wishful thinking. The SP has NEVER fully recovered immediately following a one day pounding like it took on Friday. It’s always taken several days, if not weeks to recoup.

In your favor is that shorts can’t short on Monday and Tesla might announce quarter numbers. But even with those two, it would literally be a miracle never seen before if the SP climbs to its Thursday close on Monday.

And $290 doesn’t cut it. It has to recover $42.75.

Adding: nothing has changed in the minds of those controlling the SP other than they get to gloat some more. When Elon apologized to analysts the SP moderately rose, but when he pissed off those analysts and the media went crazy the SP took a bigger kick. This has always been the way. There’s no reason to think the trend changes.

We get a downgrade; the SP gets kicked
We get an upgrade; the SP yawns

I rarely disagree with you but I think the news today is significantly more positive than you. It puts Tesla back in the position it was in before 'the tweet' (trading around 355) and I think that will be recognized in short order.

Took a quick gander at an article from The Street which I knew would be a short crying. Sure enough it was. It does give me a good laugh because it falls right into what we expected. The DOJ is coming for their heads!!! RUN! You know just like the SEC did.

The last bit is really all you need to read. The rest isn't worth your time, "In summary, while this pathetic settlement from the SEC will likely cause Tesla stock to rally on Monday-Tuesday, this may be a short-lived surge. The problems remain, and crocodiles such as the DOJ may still linger in the Bel Air mansion's multiple swimming pools."

"At the time of submitting this article for publication, the author was short TSLA. However, positions can change at any time"

Why the SEC's current settlement is a mere slap on the write for the executive and Tesla alike

Anton Wahlman is my favorite Tesla short actually. He's so entertaining. See yellow highlights for the recent funnier ones.

upload_2018-9-29_23-34-53.png

Status
Not open for further replies.