Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, in other auto industry news:
GM is recalling 3.3m autos in China due to a suspension defect and Honda is doing same with 220k Accords and Insights in the U.S. due to a software problem.
A software problem, you say? Boy, sure would be nice if they could have resolved that with an OTA update....

Failed attempt at elaborating. Are you saying you personally know thousands of Tesla customers who left after receiving their car, and that they personally informed you they had a “bad taste” in their mouths due to the chaos, as you’ve described the delivery process? Or, is your source of information due to some random person on the internet posting, perhaps even their very first post, of a problem? Exaggerate much?

I have personally talked to several people on the waiting room who were upset and some of them left WITHOUT getting their car along with myself. BTW, I have a clear comparison from 4 years ago when I picked up my Model S, that process was nice, well prepared and organized. My wife and my friends are laughing at me for being such a fanboi of Tesla to put up with this -- they would have walked away from the purchase long ago. So no, I am not exaggerating at all. This is worse than haggling with stealerships.

ps; disclosure I am long TSLA with 100% of my retirement savings

You can read the entire saga of my delivery process and tell me if I'm really exaggerating by calling that chaotic: AWD delivery thread
You can also find many other stories that are even worse than mine in the Model 3 section of the forum.

Last edited:
Question is - what is the interent of the chairman ? Just a figure head or someone who can bring real value to Tesla ?

Anyone can be a figure head.

Someone who brings real value ? Someone EM actually respects ? This is tough - you need someone with the gravitas of Larry Page or Bill Gates.

It would be foolish to waste the chairman spot on something that couldnt result in fruitful political alliance.

My #1 choice would be Tim Cook. #2's would be Lisa Su (AMD CEO) Jensen Huang (Nvidia CEO).

For #1, Elon just needs to apologize about Apple being Tesla's graveyard and all will be fine I'm sure.

Reactions: neroden
Let me elaborate. This quarter they deliver upto an estimated 80k cars and this is described as “logistics hell” and leaves customers with a bad taste after surviving a chaotic mess of an unorganized process. Yet, we expect them to ramp up to a million cars per year within a couple of years. That would mean 250k cars per quarter, so more than 3x higher volume than this every quarter!

Last year they had delivered 25k/Q in orderly fashion. So a 3x growth broke them already and we expect another 3-fold. So they better figure this out, otherwise we will never see million per year sales...

Last year they delivered 25kQ world wide.

This year they will deliver 68k to US/Canada in this quarter plus 12k world wide..

Once profitable easier to expand distribution network.

Reactions: wipster
Schadenfreude from SA:

thedyslexicephelant
Comments19 | + Follow
So nothing came of the suit. There is no justice in the world.

georgefelix75
Comments238 | + Follow
Agree $20M is nothing compared to the loses from his antics. It was deliberate and willful. Make a joke out of the SEC.

samdehne
Comments1562 | + Follow
The SEC proves that it is in cahoots with Tesla/Musk and the ilk of evil.
When you see what was done to Skilling and Madoff.. doesn't this demand
the highest punishment possible.. times 5?
Skil and Mad were peanuts in comparison to the broken laws here...

Diesel, Contributor
Comments3420 | + Follow
In other words Elon Musk gets away with fraud.
Well, what did you expect? In America if you are wealthy and powerful you are a god who is beyond law and no one can touch you. If you want to become untouchable, beyond law and a god in America, just become rich.

Thirst 4 Yield
Comments312 | + Follow
Money always wins

412Bob
Comments161 | + Follow
Cannot believe the SEC settled for such a small amount. They will certainly have earned any criticism of their lack of effectiveness that undoubtedly will ensue.

uptick_rule_now
Comments1396 | + Follow
shows the SEC does not want to work criminal cases. how anyone that evil and corrupt was allowed to buy their way out of this offense is a slap in the face of Justice. at least we still have the BK filling coming soon to take stock to zero

deercreekvols
Comments12802 | + Follow
Reminds me of the "settlement" that Elizabeth Holmes was able to reach.
Resign as chairman but remain CEO. Got it.Nice work by the SEC. Collect the fine money and move on to the next case.Thanks for nothing.

Teddy Monster
Comments111 | + Follow
Musk got away with his crimes. This is unbelievable. He got away with it.

Jacjon0108
Comments433 | + Follow
Complete joke of punishment by SEC

Buddha1010
Comments1095 | + Follow
I've lost respect for the SEC enforcement division. Looks like Elon played them for the wimps they are. Really sad.
The likelihood of a DoJ action is now nil. The rich, white and entitled ruling class wins again. Just like gravity, there's no escaping this truism.

To be fair, many of them are consoling themselves with the "inevitable" DOJ case ;) Surely the world will see "justice" when that happens! ;)
And here on Reddit, hardcore shorts are shitting on themselves, advising each other to give it all up. It’s gonna be so EPIC on Monday, I can’t wait!

“To all shorts out there it's time to let it go. The fraud will carry on and no amount of facts will change it. When you've got the federal government protecting it there's no way you can win.”

My Conversation with Peter Thiel about Apartheid… And its Unfolding Aftermath

Someone who thought apartheid was ok and moral question s were irrelevant.

Vague accusations 7 days before the elections. Yeah, I'm good with not adding hearsay that started out on facebook into my mental database. You'd be wise to take that with a grain of salt yourself. That word is being thrown around so much it has basically lost meaning. Additionally, if that's enough evidence for you, it's obvious all contrarian thinkers (including Elon Musk) may cross the invisible line at any time. This is not good.

Vague accusations 7 days before the elections. Yeah, I'm good with not adding hearsay that started out on facebook into my mental database. You'd be wise to take that with a grain of salt yourself.
You may not find it credible, but I do. Apparently accusing someone of being a racist is now worse than racist acts by those people.

I guess you also find Kavanaugh innocent.

Reactions: neroden
It can't be Kimball. The settlement says independent chairman.
I nominate
bernie-sanders-portrait-campaign01.jpg

It would be foolish to waste the chairman spot on something that couldnt result in fruitful political alliance.

My #1 choice would be Tim Cook. #2's would be Lisa Su (AMD CEO) Jensen Huang (Nvidia CEO).

For #1, Elon just needs to apologize about Apple being Tesla's graveyard and all will be fine I'm sure.
Dream list...would conflict of interest be an issue? Apple and nvda are competing with tsla in self driving.

I’m ready. Loaded up on Friday. The future is here, and...

“...you hear that Mr. Naysayer? It is the sound of inevitability.”

The paradigm shift is full-blown and it’s about damn time. Oil and the conventional grid as we know it is dying a slow death that will soon accelerate and reach a breakneck pace not seen since the conventional grid took its form over a 40 year period from the 1890s through the 1930s. What a great time to be alive.....!

I have personally talked to several people on the waiting room who were upset and some of them left WITHOUT getting their car along with myself. BTW, I have a clear comparison from 4 years ago when I picked up my Model S, that process was nice, well prepared and organized. My wife and my wife are laughing at me for being such a fanboi of Tesla to put up with this -- they would have walked away from the purchase long ago. So no, I am not exaggerating at all. This is worse than haggling with stealerships.

ps; disclosure I am long TSLA with 100% of my retirement savings

If the cars at “stealerships” were better than a Tesla, I’d go to the “stealership”. After all, the buying experience is 1% of the total experience of owning a car. But seeing as how I enjoy my Tesla better than any other vehicle, I’d endure some inconvenience at the time of purchase to get one. (I already own a Model S and the buying experience was great.)

For people who say to throw in the towel and laugh at you because you want a better car and are willing to deal with growing pains, seems odd. So they would rather have a crappier vehicle just to save them a few hours during the purchase process? Now THAT seems crazy to me. Not to mention they would end up spending many times those amount of hours for refueling, maintenance and oil changes over the life of the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.