Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, the Model 3 sells itself because it's so much better than Model S; in this case, I wonder what would have happened if Elon hadn't been selling the brand so much using this style as you point out.
If those people did focus on attack the product, it doesn't matter how good the product is.
Just ask someone who was not following Tesla closely how they feel about Elon this person(especially after recent months), you will get totally unjustified impressions. I know part of the image was deserved for some stupid tweets, but the level of misunderstanding will likely be out of portion.
Then imagine if those FUD fire power were used on Model 3, what an average new car buyer would think of Model 3 before considering it.

• Informative
Reactions: EarlyAdopter
I haven't caught up yet but I realized something..... Monday TSLA will still be under the up-tick rule! How in the world are the shorts going to dump massive amounts of shares to make investors think this is a bad deal? LOL

I don't think MonDAY will be interesting. I think pre-market will be. I would think that shorts are going to need to massively cover now. What if TSLA decides to release delivery estimates Monday night?
I haven't seen this type of surprise in $TSLA, but it would be great.

I am risking to be featured in bag-holder-quote to post this:

Wondering anyone planing to start a kickstarter to fund some of the SEC fine for Elon?

I know it's almost laughable to give money to him as he most likely has more cash than most of us here.
But, he really did a favor for shareholders to settle the SEC case, really don't know what would happen if he drag the case for years for his pride, which I think he has every right to do.

Another factor seems most people have not appreciated for is:
Over the past few months, his `erratic` behavior had made sure Tesla was on the front page of every news site almost every day.(It all started right after the 5k production hell, you remember?)
Also, he made sure all the ones who attack Tesla for whatever reason will focus on attacking him personally, hence forgot to attack the product(Model 3).
I almost feel he took a bullet for the success of Model 3.

Maybe I could just buy some Tesla Merch to help him get his 12% stock options sooner? Anyone know what has the fattest margin?
Elon is prohibited from receiving compensation for the fine.

Given that Tesla is single best bet on beating climate change, Chairmanship is a great way for a big hitter to secure a legacy. Melinda Gates would be an interesting choice.
Or Obama could introduce himself as Chairman on his new Netflix show! Throw in Bear Grylls and you have the new 3 MUSKeteers...
upload_2018-9-30_5-59-29.jpeg

There's a lot of smart people out there, but you seem like you would be valuable in that capacity regardless.

(Then again, you loathe a few of my opinions and I think I would be a fine board member, too, so there's a built in incongruity there. I doubt it extends to my opinion of your ability to be a board member.)
I would be a Boring member!

You can't be a libertarian and support someone with fascist tendencies like Trump. Thiel is more in Pinochet mould than Milton Friedman.
The part I agree with you on is that Libertarians (mostly an offshoot of Communist activism for the sake of foreign interests (mostly Russia & China) but in the name of stuff that sounds good to some people (and probably a co-option of a previously more genuine and pure set of ideas, but when is communism anything but that)) aren't very compatible with pro-Trump and Trump agendas. Thiel is much more practical than a typical Libertarian. His latest interview was superb:

The part I agree with you on is that Libertarians (mostly an offshoot of Communist activism for the sake of foreign interests (mostly Russia & China) but in the name of stuff that sounds good to some people) aren't very compatible with pro-Trump and Trump agendas. Thiel is much more practical than a typical Libertarian. His latest interview was superb:

Quickly before I board my flight. Peter Thiel for Chairman. He will bring fear to all shorts and news reporter who dares to libel thinking there'd be no consequence.

I have personally talked to several people on the waiting room who were upset and some of them left WITHOUT getting their car along with myself. BTW, I have a clear comparison from 4 years ago when I picked up my Model S, that process was nice, well prepared and organized. My wife and my friends are laughing at me for being such a fanboi of Tesla to put up with this -- they would have walked away from the purchase long ago. So no, I am not exaggerating at all. This is worse than haggling with stealerships.

ps; disclosure I am long TSLA with 100% of my retirement savings

You can read the entire saga of my delivery process and tell me if I'm really exaggerating by calling that chaotic: AWD delivery thread
You can also find many other stories that are even worse than mine in the Model 3 section of the forum.
I was at the Fremont delivery center today volunteering as a (prior) Tesla Model S owner. I think the paperwork could have gone better, but the environment was very nice. I was thinking of ways to prepare for delivering Model 3 half a decade ago back when Tesla wasn't even sure what name to call it (Model E or Model 3); I didn't see most my ideas implemented, because I never worked for Tesla. Yes, there were long wait times, etc. at the delivery center. However, I got to witness first hand the new customer exasperation with Tesla's disorganization be followed up with them driving away in their new cars quite happy. So, I got to see both sides of the coin. On the one hand, customers would use up their time waiting for paperwork by learning more about their new cars. On the other hand, as soon as the paperwork got finished, new customers would immediately say bye and drive away as soon as they were sure they knew how to reach home. The volunteers helped, because it offloaded a lot of time the employees could spend on paperwork. The new customers could learn essential things they had questions to, like what kind of charger station they could use, which button opened up what, how to get the display of SuperChargers on the map so they could get home, etc.

This all seems like trivial stuff to me that Tesla will have worked out soon, well before even December of this year, but then again, I've been known to be wrong on my predictions of what other people do quite often. I think delivery and service quality are going to be big focuses at Tesla. Right now, it's all hands on deck to fix delivery, and then it will be all hands on deck to fix service. You can expect to see exasperated service stories from the new owners over the next 8 months before service is Tesla's next fire to put out, but then Tesla will solve that, and it's on to Semi, Y, Pickup (I hope), and Roadster.

Last edited:
Imagine . . .

After all we've been through, on Monday morning, Elon tweets, "Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured."

Imagine this time the board had fully vetted and approved the tweet beforehand, and they verified that Elon truly has the funding completely-effing-secured, multiple times over even. And they're ready to take the company private immediately at $420.

Wall Street's heads would explode. The shorts' heads would explode. The SEC's heads would explode. The media's heads would explode.

In a way, it would be glorious. :)

MY head would explode, because my call options are gonna go down the drain again

Thanks for volunteering!

Any estimation of approx. how many total units were delivered today @ Fremont Delivery Center (not counting "home delivery" which is called "Tesla Direct" and is running out of Kato Road where Fremont Service Center used to be)?

When I was there taking delivery of a 3 Friday night, I overheard one employee tell another they expected to deliver ~450 units just at that one location on Sat.

I was at the Fremont delivery center today volunteering as a (prior) Tesla Model S owner. I think the paperwork could have gone better, but the environment was very nice. I was thinking of ways to prepare for delivering Model 3 half a decade ago back when Tesla wasn't even sure what name to call it (Model E or Model 3); I didn't see most my ideas implemented, because I never worked for Tesla. Yes, there were long wait times, etc. at the delivery center. However, I got to witness first hand the new customer exasperation with Tesla's disorganization be followed up with them driving away in their new cars quite happy. So, I got to see both sides of the coin. On the one hand, customers would use up their time waiting for paperwork by learning more about their new cars. On the other hand, as soon as the paperwork got finished, new customers would immediately say bye and drive away as soon as they were sure they knew how to reach home. The volunteers helped, because it offloaded a lot of time the employees could spend on paperwork. The new customers could learn essential things they had questions to, like what kind of charger station they could use, which button opened up what, how to get the display of SuperChargers on the map so they could get home, etc.

This all seems like trivial stuff to me that Tesla will have worked out soon, well before even December of this year, but then again, I've been known to be wrong on my predictions of what other people do quite often. I think delivery and service quality are going to be big focuses at Tesla. Right now, it's all hands on deck to fix delivery, and then it will be all hands on deck to fix service. You can expect to see the kind of exasperated service stories from the new owners over the next 8 months before service is Tesla's next fire to put out, but then Tesla will solve that, and it's on to Semi, Y, Pickup (I hope), and Roadster.

are you saying premarket or post-market on Monday?

I just looked into that. Elon announced 7,000 cars in 7 days on his twitter account on Mon Jul 1st during the trading day. Official Tesla numbers came out on Jul 2nd before Market Open.

So I don't know if Tesla can get the numbers put together fast enough for a Monday release, but that'd be sweet while the uptick rule is in effect.

GO TESLA!

Real flat-earthers are just dumb. No harm. These shorts literally want to drink Elon's blood. There are lots of them. I can't understand how this world operate.

You suffer from the same naiveté that I do.

The brain neurons in "these shorts" are not wired the same way yours are. Their consciences function outside the 95% confidence level that evolution engineered them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.