Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We Set Out to Crack Tesla's Biggest Mystery: How Many Model 3s It's Making

Currently, we are standing at 805 per week. At this rate, we won't see 5000 per week until 4th quarter.

Read the blog posts. The tracker is all but useless because its to backward looking. Any real improvements wont show it in that tracker for a couple of weeks. This would be fine if production was level, but its currently having a growth spurt so it is still showing early march when the factory came out of the shutdown from late Feb.

Just wondering, if the do-hickey is capable of doing 2500/wk on its own, why doesn't Tesla just order 3 more of them right now?

I have contemplated the same thing and always come to the conclusion that this is too obvious to not be happening. Model 3 needs to ramp - that is known. Model Y will be the same platform and therefore has the same modules and packs. The need to mass-produce these modules and packs is obvious and soon. If the do-hickey is the best machine they have for this, I would assume they are already building the second line in Germany right now.

What reason would they have to not build another one ASAP, knowing they are gonna be ramping to 10k/week in the summer and it takes time to build, test, calibrate and ship to USA? If we can figure this out, Tesla and Elon knows this too. And if Tesla and Elon hasn´t done this it´s because they have a better plan.

Reactions: immunogold
I have contemplated the same thing and always come to the conclusion that this is too obvious to not be happening. Model 3 needs to ramp - that is known. Model Y will be the same platform and therefore has the same modules and packs. The need to mass-produce these modules and packs is obvious and soon. If the do-hickey is the best machine they have for this, I would assume they are already building the second line in Germany right now.

What reason would they have to not build another one ASAP, knowing they are gonna be ramping to 10k/week in the summer and it takes time to build, test, calibrate and ship to USA? If we can figure this out, Tesla and Elon knows this too. And if Tesla and Elon hasn´t done this it´s because they have a better plan.

A No-No from Deepak who is managing the $$ ;)

Based on the VINs, I think we end the month with a steady rate of at least 2k/week. When we were closer to SP of 350, I though April numbers would cause a drop. Now that we are around 305, I think we will get a short squeeze surge in SP 10 Days from now if not sooner. I would be sleeping like a baby and adding stock or options right now if I wasn't already facing margin calls with a SP below 310.

Just wondering, if the do-hickey is capable of doing 2500/wk on its own, why doesn't Tesla just order 3 more of them right now?
That’s for batteries but the assembly line likely still has things that need to be ironed out. No sense in buying more automated battery assembly until you have all of the other parts up to speed as well.

Based on the VINs, I think we end the month with a steady rate of at least 2k/week. When we were closer to SP of 350, I though April numbers would cause a drop. Now that we are around 305, I think we will get a short squeeze surge in SP 10 Days from now if not sooner. I would be sleeping like a baby and adding stock or options right now if I wasn't already facing margin calls with a SP below 310.
I'm inclined to agree and would act if I weren't always wrong playing with options. There has been sufficient time to get the line moving and all major disruptions appear to be in the past. Tesla has essentially 2-3 weeks to get this line humming as best they can and success rate should be difficult to hide.

Is it too early to ask for a price cut on Powerwalls with this quarter's announcements? I'm really looking forward to the first time Elon can say, "for the low low price of.......twenty-nine, ninety-five". 2023 perhaps?

While we are here cheering we have likely seen the bottom for TSLA, Option Sniper is currently buying more puts....is this not the end for this dramatic fall?
Option_Sniper on Twitter

He’s been contradicting himself all day, bought puts earlier and said tsla was stronger than he anticipated but he added more puts. He also said don’t trade on emotion but facts yet he keeps adding to Tesla puts which aren’t paying.

Also, this market is brutal. I’m starting to second guess my long positions but I know as soon as I sell things will dramatically go up

He’s been contradicting himself all day, bought puts earlier and said tsla was stronger than he anticipated but he added more puts. He also said don’t trade on emotion but facts yet he keeps adding to Tesla puts which aren’t paying.

Also, this market is brutal. I’m starting to second guess my long positions but I know as soon as I sell things will dramatically go up

OS is trading in puts not holding to expiry. Making money on the change in value due to stock price drop.

Of course, his strategy is very short term. However he entered Tesla puts position at the wrong time and didn’t make anything from those puts

Well if OS can't pick the 80% of the time today that the stock was higher than it is now, I'm not going to feel so bad. :)
Is current drop due to shorts at end of day, or the S X crash on the west coast in Redwood City?

Edit: it was an X.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.