Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Judge cannot dismiss this case. There is no motion to dismiss or for summary judgment. The only thing in front of her is the Complaint (which she must assume is correct because EM has not filed an Answer) and a proposed settlement. If she refuses the settlement as not in the public interest it is back to square one and trial. I still think she is very unlikely to reject the settlement.
Presumably she also has the SEA act of 1934 to work with as well. I think it's possible (although extremely unlikely) that she could dismiss the suit as being incompatible with the purpose of the SEC (which it is!).

Tesla (TSLA) Q2 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
TSLA earnings call for the period ending June 30, 2018.
So use your judgment but thanks a lot for what you're doing.
Elon Musk -- Chairman, Product Architect, and CEO

All right. Well, thank you for your in-depth coverage of clean-energy technology.

Thanks AD.........honestly had no idea it was still him speaking..

Pretty obvious that market makers are suppressing the price while institutions accumulate. I think there will be a concerted effort to squeeze the stock price. Hopefully the Saudi announcement is the catalyst.
(In)conveniently, there's the issue of a disappeared Saudi journalist that is affecting short-term business dealings with Saudi Arabia. Companies are holding off until the media attention dies down. So, don't expect anything big to come.

(In)conveniently, there's the issue of a disappeared Saudi journalist that is affecting short-term business dealings with Saudi Arabia. Companies are holding off until the media attention dies down. So, don't expect anything big to come.
It's not just the murder of a single journalist. The Saudis are systematically silencing all opposition. This is an ongoing threat. There is bound to be continued international approbation.
Here's an example
Saudi Women Who Fought for the Right to Drive Are Disappearing and Going Into Exile

Elon said it to triple every year and to achieve the same size in revenue as the Auto business.

There is not a single reason for me to put it on a backshelf as every $ revenue and margin counts and why do you think it makes sense to put there at all? Because its still smaller than the Auto business?

Why is that even an argument?
It’s on the back shelf because GF1 can’t scale fast enough. It’s not offline, it just doesn’t have cells to met demand for model 3. I wish Panasonic was adding 6 machines to upgrade capacity. Hopefully that happens in q1. Tesla needs 50GW of production moving into 2019 and is currently under 30GW.

Reactions: MP3Mike
In their lawsuit the SEC asked the judge to bar Elon from being the CEO of any public company, for life. This sanction, not any monetary damages, is what caused the Tesla stock to tank.

This was a reckless act of blackmail in essence, and this is why Elon/Tesla settled, under duress.
That's some of the scariest government corruption I can think of. No wonder Elon wants to take Tesla private.

Agree. Interesting for me is how slowly those negative media are changing about Tesla. I do not expect that today they are FUDsters and tomorrow they are supporters. I think that there will be transition where you will se mix of bad and good news so the average reader will not notice or less notice the change. Of course this slowly approach will allow mainstream media that they save their faces and average reader would trust them further because they have "always right".

This is the moment where the quality of journalism can rise. If somebody start to publishing old articles of main media and confront them with new one, can be interesting. On the other hand who cares about history?

I must say that I'm pi*** of to see that those main media could go away without punishment about what they did to Tesla. The worst thing is that they can do it easily again.

Can someone write a book about that? Please...for sake of all of us!

I nominate Michael Lewis, or Curt Renz, for that task.

A simple check will show 2nd Gen Roadster at $50k deposit and Semi at $20k deposit. In addition to M3, deposits are also carried on MS, MX, solar roof, power walls, surf boards and not-a-flame throwers.

Unless Tesla started their own line of not-a-flamethrower, then these deposits are not part of that as The Boring Company is another legal entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.