Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh btw I’m building a cyborg dragon"
April 25, 2018

"Cyborg Dragon Tesla almost done"
June 24, 2018

"It’s almost done"
August 25, 2018

Going with @ruralectric on this one.
(Which has no bearing for or against the Saudi project)
My guess: triple platooning semis in Chinese dragon themed vinyl wraps.

Edit: and/or Model 3 platoons for transport with lead driver.
Or...

He had just gotten up and meant to say "It's time to create a mocha."

Which actually sounds pretty good right now...

Not that I don’t believe but could you provide link a source to that data?

In German only, but DeepL is your friend ;-)

German Renewables 2017

Specifically slide 5, last paragraph:

“In total, the renewable energy sources solar, wind, water and biomass produced approx. 210 TWh in 2017. This is 15% above the previous year's level of 182 TWh.The share of public net electricity generation, i.e. the electricity mix that actually comes from the socket, was approx. 38%.The share of the total gross electricity generation including the power plants of the "companies in the manufacturing industry as well as in mining and quarrying" is approx. 35%.”

Regarding the 100% in some days, I don’t have specific sources, but this is mentioned in local media when it does happen and a google search should find it.

Enough is enough: I call on BMW to stop and desist infringing patented messaging innovations of the Shortville Times!

526A1F4F-DA82-4A9A-AA62-8545B3A4C271.jpeg

From the article “Of course, maybe the higher taxation of expensive BEVs next year has something to do with it. … ”

This is not a ‘maybe’, but certain: The tax scheme change in the Netherlands mainly affects Tesla (because linked to a high purchase price). Anyone considering buying a Tesla as a new company car over the next year will pull their purchase into 2018. The tax change eliminates a very affordable situation for Dutch company car owners, so expect the sale of Model S and X to drop like a rock in Januari.
IIRC, the purchase price limit for the new tax schem is 50K, so as of Januari, expect record sales of Model 3’s without software options (Model 3’s for which the software options will be promptly bought as soon as the invoice for the car is received)

Yes, that is Jose's style of joking. Maybe sometimes not totally clear. Also, could have been spelled out more like this.

I believe that was about a Californian ~1GWh battery project, with one of the largest power companies of the state, PG&E:

PG&E Proposes Massive 567.5 MW Battery Storage Project, Includes Tesla Powerpack 2 | CleanTechnica

I agree with @KarenRei: I don't think Tesla is going to be part of the Saudi announcement. The prince was dismissive of battery tech in the interview, and he broke the Tesla news already: Tesla Shops approved in SA.

The large mystery project with "big numbers", related to a topic Saufi Arabia has "experience with" must be related to the sun, i.e. a large solar installation, probably without Tesla involvement.

As I recall, he was skeptical about manufacturing batteries there, because he wasn’t convinced batteries would still be the desired tech long term.

• Love
Reactions: Drax7 and Nathan
Like with Elon or Tesla (fill in the blank for anyone or anything) a good portion of people see just the negative in others. People are complex and often times contradictory. I have no opinion on Al Gore (don’t follow, don’t pay enough attention to to be fair in my opinion) but I imagine he’s done both good and bad things and been both smart and stupid in his life - like the rest of us. If his goal over the years has been to do better then he’s headed in the right direction. Good on him and good for ‘us’.

You know all the comments you see on Twitter and under articles about Elon being a fraud, a con artist, full of crap, idiotically arrogant, etc?

That kind of thing has been going on with Al Gore for well over a decade.

At some point these things are orchestrated smear campaigns, and then they take a life of their own and normal people repeat the smears day after day.

Highly effective for shaping public opinions. Even Americans who support Al Gore often wouldn't support him being a public face of anything they want to see succeed.

Edit: By the way, for years, I've put him in the top 4 of cleantech communication. It is not at all a coincidence that he has been smeared more than Elon, who I also put in the top 4.

Some of his comments make total sense:

He said, “I think the discussion about electro-mobility is a little bit irrational… the world – Russia, Australia, a large portion of the world – they will have combustion engines for a very long time.
I mean the Russian (1.6 million car sales) and Australian (1.2 million) markets, with a combined 2.8 million new passenger vehicle sales in 2017, totally define the future of the automobile, unlike the U.S. market (17 million), European market (15 million) and Chinese market (24 million), where over 80% of the population lives in urban environments.

Also, the 200 kWh packs with over 1,000 km of range will not be nearly enough for those 0.01% of Australians who chose to leave the coastal cities and decide to cross their continent every year, driving through the dry interior which is a harsh, unforgiving environment hostile to most modern humans:
Population-density-australia-June-2016.jpg

Wait a minute ...

That kind of thing has been going on with Al Gore for well over a decade.

At some point these things are orchestrated smear campaigns, and then they take a life of their own and normal people repeat the smears day after day.

Highly effective for shaping public opinions. Even Americans who support Al Gore often wouldn't support him being a public face of anything they want to see succeed.

For example everyone knows it for a fact that Al Gore claimed that he invented the Internet, right?

That claim never happened, it's a 100% smear.

Popular vote winner Al Gore very likely would have made a fantastic president, unlike the smirking guy selected by the Supreme Court.

While the PITA person was not too well informed about BEVs, all these dead cows that we produce is a part of the climate change problem:

Huge reduction in meat-eating ‘essential’ to avoid climate breakdown

PS. Due to my Italian wife we eat mostly pescetarian, with about 1/3 kg (beef/chicken) meat per person per week.
While I completely believe in climate change I do not follow the no meat false narrative. It’s used to turn people away from climate change reality. Most of what they argue MUST fall on to the problem we have with how we harvest the meat and process the product. Much like how Tesla’s are currently charged and produced. They are not charged and produced solely off green methods. The “process” to make a Tesla is still dirty and the processing of a cow is still dirty. Both can be cleaned up. Using dead skin to cover things can probably go away.

With proper logic it is simple to conclude that people can still eat meat without all the non-meat eaters grabbing climate change to push their religious beliefs that eating meat is evil and/or bad.

Now if you want to push the argument that all grazing animals produce climate changing effects thru their digestive process.... well then I guess we should wipe them all out across the earth. That will leave lots of meat to eat but hey.... that seems to be what that group wants. I don’t believe in that either but that’s the step that would need to be taken if you follow that argument.

Oh and while we are bringing cows, bison, and all other grazers to extinction we might as well start culling humans. That would reduce climate change as well.

OR! We can stop digging up huge amounts of carbon and burning it off into our atmosphere. MAYBE we could at least try that.

SNL did a bit on climate change during weekend update last night. Michael Che said "I 100% believe in climate change, yet I'm willing to do absolutely nothing about it." I would guess this sentiment is true for a lot of the world where installing your own solar or driving an EV is impractical. I can imagine if you live in a NYC apartment and don't own a car, it probably feels like there's not much you can do.
skip to 0:35

Solution: 1. Buy shares of Tesla and accelerate the pace of transition from Fossil fuels with minimal personal effort. 2. Wait. 3. Profit

And don't forget the epidemic of metabolic syndrome currently sweeping the planet, especially those following a standard America diet model - this is a recent phenomenon and a direct result of sugar, flour and industrial seed-oil consumption, not from meat.
My only comment on this in this thread.

As someone vegetarian practicing keto/low carb diet for a number of years, you don't need to eat meat to be low carb. You can be environmentally friendly and take care of your health.

I'm wondering how you Flat Earthers explain why the rightmost ship just 10 miles out:
t3_3elgrk

... is half hidden by the ocean?

And it's not stealth government tech in the camera, I've seen this happen countless times on the beach, with my own eyes!

Can you tell your Flat Earther friends to visit the beach and verify for themselves? ;)
The question is did you, or did you not have your tinfoil hat on when you were on the beach? They can control your brainwaves you know! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.