Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon Musk on Twitter

"It is time to create a mecha"

Interpretation: Mecha = Mecca. Which is in Saudi Arabia. Time to create a renewable energy Mecca in SA.

100 billion energy deal confirmed.

Only sort of joking
I was legit thinking the same thing. I still think a deal is entirely possible, and it will result in a crazy short squeeze. Nullifies any short argument.

ED: Did "Mike" also just basically admit to sockpuppeting with "Priigoat"? Hey, "Mike", you were logged into the wrong account when you responded to the response to your post. ;)

You’re definitely on to something. There are striking similarities between the posting histories of Priigoat and Mike117. The general message: Oh no, Tesla is going down, here comes 200. Help, we’re lost, what are we going to do...

Elon Musk on Twitter

Interpretation: Mecha = Mecca. Which is in Saudi Arabia. Time to create a renewable energy Mecca in SA.

Only sort of joking
Category:Mecha - Wikipedia

A mecha, or mech, is a term for a large manned-robotic/human-piloted humanoid construct or vehicle. Originally coming from science fiction, the term is increasingly seeing mainstream non-fictional usage.

This definition is not perfect: variants do exist, as these machines vary greatly in size, shape, appearance, performance and capabilities; from ones on wheels or treads, to submersible or VTOL-flight, to animal or insect-like shapes. The key difference between manned-"mecha" and an unmanned-"robot" is that a mecha has a pilot.

I have to object to that! Whilst us Germans are certainly faltering in required climate change initiatives apportioned to the automotive industry, had it not been for the “Energiewende” (“energy change”) a couple of decades ago, solar PV would not be where it is today globally.
Germany produced 38% of its electricity through renewable energy sources in 2017! This is 15% more than 2016. In fact there are days when 100% of our electricity is produced from renewable sources (think: Sunny, windy Sunday when industrial demand is low). So yeah, head in sand......:facepalm:

Not that I don’t believe but could you provide link a source to that data?

I remember JB talking about this announcement during an earnings call. Or at least when he explained the scale, it sounds about right... anyone remember that snippet?

I believe that was about a Californian ~1GWh battery project, with one of the largest power companies of the state, PG&E:

PG&E Proposes Massive 567.5 MW Battery Storage Project, Includes Tesla Powerpack 2 | CleanTechnica

I agree with @KarenRei: I don't think Tesla is going to be part of the Saudi announcement. The prince was dismissive of battery tech in the interview, and he broke the Tesla news already: Tesla Shops approved in SA.

The large mystery project with "big numbers", related to a topic Saufi Arabia has "experience with" must be related to the sun, i.e. a large solar installation, probably without Tesla involvement.

Category:Mecha - Wikipedia

A mecha, or mech, is a term for a large manned-robotic/human-piloted humanoid construct or vehicle. Originally coming from science fiction, the term is increasingly seeing mainstream non-fictional usage.

This definition is not perfect: variants do exist, as these machines vary greatly in size, shape, appearance, performance and capabilities; from ones on wheels or treads, to submersible or VTOL-flight, to animal or insect-like shapes. The key difference between manned-"mecha" and an unmanned-"robot" is that a mecha has a pilot.
He was tweeting about Anime stuff too. I think the tweet has a double meaning. Just like the “I am a business magnet” tweet. He likes to play on words.

Replying to my own post: as a european citizen, I’m too far away from American politics to realize that Al Gore may be a controversial personality. I was surprised to see a lot of disagrees on that post, Al Gore seems to have a good reputation in Europe.
I witnessed Al Gore giving the closing keynote at the 2017 WebSummit in Lisbon, and found it to be one of the best speeches on climate change I have ever seen, and the tens of thousands of people next to me in the arena (I guess mostly Europeans) definitely seemed to agree.
That being said, it’s probably not a good idea to have a poltician as chairman, as it will inevitably draw negative comments from supporters of the opposite party, and that doesn’t help the case.

Like with Elon or Tesla (fill in the blank for anyone or anything) a good portion of people see just the negative in others. People are complex and often times contradictory. I have no opinion on Al Gore (don’t follow, don’t pay enough attention to to be fair in my opinion) but I imagine he’s done both good and bad things and been both smart and stupid in his life - like the rest of us. If his goal over the years has been to do better then he’s headed in the right direction. Good on him and good for ‘us’.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Only sort of joking

Or...

3403C5E4-4016-4A59-9984-B3A6BC99F213.jpeg

Elon Musk on Twitter

Only sort of joking

"Oh btw I’m building a cyborg dragon"
April 25, 2018

"Cyborg Dragon Tesla almost done"
June 24, 2018

"It’s almost done"
August 25, 2018

Going with @ruralectric on this one.
(Which has no bearing for or against the Saudi project)
My guess: triple platooning semis in Chinese dragon themed vinyl wraps.

Edit: and/or Model 3 platoons for transport with lead driver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.